Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Supreme Court vacancy

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #181
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Supreme Court vacancy

Mainstream media and Democrats avoided hammering the point that her version of religion speaks in tongues.

Speaks. In. Tongues.

(no I dont consider bill maher mainstream media)

Advertisements
Old 10-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #182
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol...sunnyside.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #183
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Lol...pack the court is your answer? JFC...dilute the institution

Harry Reid fuck it all up, not McConnell period.

If there is a stain, at least understand who stained it. Democrats have a history there...read up
Lolololol.

Harry Reid fucked it all up by reducing lower judicial nominees to a majority-vote threshold, so naturally the only proper reaction was to do the same thing to the highest court in the land?

Are we agreeing that this tit-for-tat bs is the status quo now?

Because if we are, it's only natural that the Dems retaliate in some manner, and we've been playing this game long enough that the only options left are extreme options.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:23 PM   #184
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Lolololol.

Harry Reid fucked it all up by reducing lower judicial nominees to a majority-vote threshold, so naturally the only proper reaction was to do the same thing to the highest court in the land?

Are we agreeing that this tit-for-tat bs is the status quo now?

Because if we are, it's only natural that the Dems retaliate in some manner, and we've been playing this game long enough that the only options left are extreme options.
I have said that I wished Trump had focused on unity and held off. That said neither party is trying to be the better actor in all this. Both are pandering to the more extreme part of their base with their respective media outlets. The US is going downhill fast and, as Sunny likes to point out, the Democrats will get to be the ones in charge when it all goes pop

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:52 PM   #185
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I have said that I wished Trump had focused on unity and held off. That said neither party is trying to be the better actor in all this. Both are pandering to the more extreme part of their base with their respective media outlets. The US is going downhill fast and, as Sunny likes to point out, the Democrats will get to be the ones in charge when it all goes pop

For 200 years SCOTUS was held to a honorable standard above the partisan bickering of the day.

Sad to see that day has passed. It's all in the game though gents. No turning around now.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:14 PM   #186
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
For 200 years SCOTUS was held to a honorable standard above the partisan bickering of the day.

Sad to see that day has passed. It's all in the game though gents. No turning around now.
True. And the Democrats use of Roe v Wade as political measuring stick was ultimately the seed of the end. There is such a fundamental disconnect between one side (in extreme) seeing the fetus as an inconvenience to be washed away and at the other end a life to be protected above all, that in the end there is no 1 truth that all judges, or people in the US hold to anymore.

The old adage of I may disagree with you but i will defend to the death your right to say it falls short of the mark when your concept of rights includes killing the unborn, or on the other side, taking away the right of a woman over her own body.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:51 PM   #187
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
True. And the Democrats use of Roe v Wade as political measuring stick was ultimately the seed of the end.
Your post is proof it's actually the other way around. Republicans have been stirring up political BS about Roe vs Wade since it was decided . The Republicans have had to destroy the integrity of the SC just to get the Court the way they want it ,again very trump like.I must get my way at all cost damn everything else.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:52 PM   #188
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Amen ,Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for this mess . They sold their souls to the Devil in backing trump and in the process might have destroyed the republican party.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:23 PM   #189
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Amen ,Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for this mess . They sold their souls to the Devil in backing trump and in the process might have destroyed the republican party.
so have you moved off the I'm a republican facade?

This all started long before Trump, and would have occurred with any republican, because none were going to pass up the opportunity to put SC justices on the bench.

This is a blood feud between McConnell and Schumer, and the whole damn country is going to suffer because of it, while liberals and conservatives both play the wo is me chorus to their sycophants.

You, for what it's worth are so caught up in your Trump hatred that you don't see the devil is in both parties. Full tilt.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:04 AM   #190
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Your post is proof it's actually the other way around. Republicans have been stirring up political BS about Roe vs Wade since it was decided . The Republicans have had to destroy the integrity of the SC just to get the Court the way they want it ,again very trump like.I must get my way at all cost damn everything else.
Only in Bizarro G1 Land does your post make any sense
Old 10-28-2020, 12:15 AM   #191
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
You are amening to something Mooby didn't say. The post you responded to said nothing about solely blaming Republicans. Both sides got us to where we are right now.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 12:24 AM   #192
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Disclaimer - What the Republicans did with Garland was bush league. Going 10 months without a SC justice is dumb.

And they were too pathetic to put him up for a vote, so every Senate member had to put their name on it. Took the cowardly way out.

So I can see why Democrats are against ACB. Has nothing to do with her at all, at least I don't think so, she seems pretty impressive.

Trump had every right to fill that seat. And by that standard, Obama absolutely had the right to nominate Garland.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:33 AM   #193
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Disclaimer - What the Republicans did with Garland was bush league. Going 10 months without a SC justice is dumb.

And they were too pathetic to put him up for a vote, so every Senate member had to put their name on it. Took the cowardly way out.

So I can see why Democrats are against ACB. Has nothing to do with her at all, at least I don't think so, she seems pretty impressive.

Trump had every right to fill that seat. And by that standard, Obama absolutely had the right to nominate Garland.
Agree with all this.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:20 AM   #194
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This is an opinion piece. But it's from the WSJ. I think 99% of us hold them as a credible organization and this carries at least a bit more weight than the average opinion piece.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/harry-r...cy-11602803203

I admit I have never followed the judicial appointment procedures as close as I should have, so a lot of this is new info to me. If anyone posts an article about the same issue from a different perspective I'll read it.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:52 AM   #195
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This is an opinion piece. But it's from the WSJ. I think 99% of us hold them as a credible organization and this carries at least a bit more weight than the average opinion piece.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/harry-r...cy-11602803203

I admit I have never followed the judicial appointment procedures as close as I should have, so a lot of this is new info to me. If anyone posts an article about the same issue from a different perspective I'll read it.
The article needed a login to the WSJ. Bummers