Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-17-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Once again disgraceful from Pelosi holding up small business PPP act. They don’t care about the backbone of the economy...absolutely disgraceful as they try to tack on Their agenda bullshit.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:28 AM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
so apropos considering the source
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:08 AM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
so apropos considering the source
..........nice to see you defending your buddy.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:11 AM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
..........nice to see you defending your buddy.
Nice to see your standard deflection

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #5
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Once again disgraceful from Pelosi holding up small business PPP act. They don’t care about the backbone of the economy...absolutely disgraceful as they try to tack on Their agenda bullshit.
But Democrats, while saying they aren't opposed to more small-business money, want it to be paired with an additional $100 billion for hospitals, $150 billion for state and local governments and a boost in food assistance funding.

"Small businesses, hospitals, frontline workers and state and local governments across the country are struggling to keep up with this national crisis. They need more help from the federal government and they need it fast. ... While the Trump Administration struggles to figure out how to distribute the funds provided for in the CARES Act, it’s clear that those appropriated amounts will not be enough to cover the tremendous need," Schumer and Pelosi said on Monday.

Democrats also want to make changes to the PPP, ensuring that half of the new $250 billion in funding goes through "community-based financial institutions that serve farmers, family, women, minority and veteran-owned small businesses." Democrats have raised concerns that the current setup of the program favors larger businesses with existing connections to a lender.

“Further changes must also be made to the SBA’s [Small Business Administration] assistance initiative, as many eligible small businesses continue to be excluded from the Paycheck Protection Program by big banks with significant lending capacity," Pelosi and Schumer said, while agreeing that more money for the program is needed to "satisfy the hundreds of billions in oversubscribed demand."
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...oronavirus-aid

I would suggest both parties actually try to come up with bi-partisan legislation before demanding a vote.

Instead of what we have now, a party drafts a proposal without the other side's input, then tries to score cheap political points when the other party balks at not immediately voting for it.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:48 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
But Democrats, while saying they aren't opposed to more small-business money, want it to be paired with an additional $100 billion for hospitals, $150 billion for state and local governments and a boost in food assistance funding.

"Small businesses, hospitals, frontline workers and state and local governments across the country are struggling to keep up with this national crisis. They need more help from the federal government and they need it fast. ... While the Trump Administration struggles to figure out how to distribute the funds provided for in the CARES Act, it’s clear that those appropriated amounts will not be enough to cover the tremendous need," Schumer and Pelosi said on Monday.

Democrats also want to make changes to the PPP, ensuring that half of the new $250 billion in funding goes through "community-based financial institutions that serve farmers, family, women, minority and veteran-owned small businesses." Democrats have raised concerns that the current setup of the program favors larger businesses with existing connections to a lender.

“Further changes must also be made to the SBA’s [Small Business Administration] assistance initiative, as many eligible small businesses continue to be excluded from the Paycheck Protection Program by big banks with significant lending capacity," Pelosi and Schumer said, while agreeing that more money for the program is needed to "satisfy the hundreds of billions in oversubscribed demand."
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...oronavirus-aid

I would suggest both parties actually try to come up with bi-partisan legislation before demanding a vote.

Instead of what we have now, a party drafts a proposal without the other side's input, then tries to score cheap political points when the other party balks at not immediately voting for it.
As someone who works in the space, this is a fucking lie. Not just a lie, a fucking lie. Im watching the money flow through KYC AML...and that's a lie. They using the typical race baiting bullshit they are known for.

I thought the original bill was fine negotiate a big bill... not this, not this at all. Its horseshit by Pelosi, pure political horseshit.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:03 AM   #7
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
As someone who works in the space, this is a fucking lie. Not just a lie, a fucking lie. Im watching the money flow through KYC AML...and that's a lie. They using the typical race baiting bullshit they are known for.

I thought the original bill was fine negotiate a big bill... not this, not this at all. Its horseshit by Pelosi, pure political horseshit.
Chico, can you please explain this to me like im a 10 year old. I have no clue what KYC AML is.

I would think making sure the money doesnt go to big businesses vs small companies is the main spirit of PPP, so why not have controls in place to ensure that?

I understand, if you are saying the money is going to small business and the program is working as intended ... you dont need the extra oversight for a problem if the problem does not exist.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:19 AM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Chico, can you please explain this to me like im a 10 year old. I have no clue what KYC AML is.

I would think making sure the money doesnt go to big businesses vs small companies is the main spirit of PPP, so why not have controls in place to ensure that?

I understand, if you are saying the money is going to small business and the program is working as intended ... you dont need the extra oversight for a problem if the problem does not exist.
its simple, regulatory controls already exist and the private side has partnered with fed government working multiple consecutive weekends to get the money to flow...which worked only because our infrastructure. To think its a free for all or the govt waves a magic wand its completely ignorant. The oversight of our controls thankfully have been loosened, but still remain rigid...do you think from a reputational risk, it would be smart to pick and chose in this moment to hold up other factors in determining who gets apps approved for funds? plus, you know, there laws on the books

But again...this isn't about the Small business, but other agenda items she want to insert

He Gets Us
Old 04-17-2020, 05:07 PM   #9
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

No , this is horse shit by you . You and your PDDS .Pelosi Democrat Derangement Syndrome)
Old 04-17-2020, 10:55 AM   #10
SunnySide
Playmaker

The IRS stimulus check tracker ... said my information "does not match" when I tried to check it. I dont know how, I put in my SS, dob and street address. Did it correctly.

Checks with peoples wrong name on it, wrong amounts, direct deposits going to the wrong bank accounts .... is this where I irrationally blame Donald Trump as directly responsible for the website roll out failure? Do i blindly claim his insistence on putting his signature on the checks was the reason for the glitches?

I seem to remember a segment of our population was directly blaming Obama for a lot of things that were not in his control.

Im sure those same people are now screamiing trump is incompetent.

If they are not ... well they are nothing but thoughtless lemming hypocrites.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

not worth my time. Never mind.

He Gets Us
Old 04-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.dailywire.com/news/illin...avirus-request

This should make everyone irate...trying to take advantage of the Wuhan virus crisis to bailout a corrupt, 20 year mismanaged Illinois State pension fund. God awful disgraceful request by democratic leadership there.

He Gets Us
Old 04-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #13
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/illin...avirus-request

This should make everyone irate...trying to take advantage of the Wuhan virus crisis to bailout a corrupt, 20 year mismanaged Illinois State pension fund. God awful disgraceful request by democratic leadership there.
Wuhan virus. You're such a fucking idiot. Transparent attempts to assign nationality to a virus do not work on those of us with half a brain. Trump and his ilk who adopt his tactics speak only to the lowest common denominator in this country. GTFO with this bullshit, we're too smart here to put up with this drivel.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #14
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Wuhan virus. You're such a fucking idiot. Transparent attempts to assign nationality to a virus do not work on those of us with half a brain. Trump and his ilk who adopt his tactics speak only to the lowest common denominator in this country. GTFO with this bullshit, we're too smart here to put up with this drivel.
Where have you been? A lot of deadly diseases have generated out of China due to their unsanitary raising and consumption of meat. So you are "too smart" to deny the truth?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:28 PM   #15
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Where have you been? A lot of deadly diseases have generated out of China due to their unsanitary raising and consumption of meat. So you are "too smart" to deny the truth?
More so than any other nation/continent?

I’m surrounded by fucking mental midgets. One says he likes Wu Tang, another say this shit as if he knows what he’s talking about. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Where did influenza come from? HIV? Ebola? The Plague? Small pox? Polio? Malaria? Staph? MRSA?

But because SARS and COVID came from China it’s different?

Stop to consider that there may be some things you don’t know that you don’t know. In your case it’s an awful lot.