Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Skins over Chargers who gets your game ball?
Young 14 17.07%
Garcon 58 70.73%
Griffin 2 2.44%
Morris 7 8.54%
other 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #166
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Hankerson was really good in this game. He got open on the 3rd & 4 at the end of this game too.

The Chargers defense is brutal though.

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #167
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Franchise tender ballpark is about $10 million, right?
why would you franchise him? Hall wants to be here, we have leverage.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #168
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Moss, Morgan and Robinson are done, they are gone after this season. But lets crush are #1 guy who brings it every week. It makes no sense. Hank is our possision guy, but we gotta add 3 receivers this offseason. Major need imo.
Garcon is now a guy who brings it every week? Maybe he just showed up at the wrong place last week.

He was the most dependable receiving target in this game (Saved RG3's bacon twice), and I think that's why he deserves a game ball for that performance, but I think he needs to play like this more often (obviously not 7/172, but 5/80 pretty much every week). When you are the highest paid player on the team, I don't think that's too much to ask.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #169
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
why would you franchise him? Hall wants to be here, we have leverage.
I wouldn't necessarily franchise him, but he's playing his way into it.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #170
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Garcon is now a guy who brings it every week? Maybe he just showed up at the wrong place last week.

He was the most dependable receiving target in this game (Saved RG3's bacon twice), and I think that's why he deserves a game ball for that performance, but I think he needs to play like this more often (obviously not 7/172, but 5/80 pretty much every week). When you are the highest paid player on the team, I don't think that's too much to ask.
When the QB is struggling, that makes it pretty difficult. And RG3 has struggled in the passing game more often than not this year. When RG3 has been on, so has Pierre for the most part. Plus he does bring it in the run game as well. Better than most WR's in that aspect. Our run game would not be as good without WR's blocking, and he is willing to do that.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #171
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

I think Garcon brings it every week, but the passing game in general isnt. Kyle, RG3, lack of other receivers and the biggest issue, Oline, have had problems. I think Garcon is that reciever who could be 100 yards receiving per game.

And no way would I franchise Hall, too likely to fall back into old habits. I want him back, but not at that price tag. Dont know if i give crazy money to Talib though and I think that's where we are heading...

He Gets Us
Old 11-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #172
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
When the QB is struggling, that makes it pretty difficult. And RG3 has struggled in the passing game more often than not this year. When RG3 has been on, so has Pierre for the most part. Plus he does bring it in the run game as well. Better than most WR's in that aspect. Our run game would not be as good without WR's blocking, and he is willing to do that.
Garcon is an excellent blocker and really helps a lot in our run schemes.

But you don't think Garcon shoulders any blame whatsoever for RG3's struggles? I don't agree with that.

Garcon is clearly one of the two best receivers on this team and needs to be on the field 80% or more of offensive snaps. But I also think that to some degree, the percentage of offense that relies on Garcon is something that needs to be addressed in the offseason.

I think the reality of the situation is that there are a numbers of factors holding back the passing offense: pass protection, Griffin's development, and inconsistent receiver play.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #173
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
I think Garcon brings it every week, but the passing game in general isnt. Kyle, RG3, lack of other receivers and the biggest issue, Oline, have had problems. I think Garcon is that reciever who could be 100 yards receiving per game.

And no way would I franchise Hall, too likely to fall back into old habits. I want him back, but not at that price tag. Dont know if i give crazy money to Talib though and I think that's where we are heading...
I'm probably not giving Bruce Allen enough credit to get Hall extended at a reasonable contract value, but I can't think of a compelling reason to offer a multi-year contract. Someone else is going to, however.

Garcon has brought it a total of twice this year. We've relied on him to be a no. 1 guy every time we take the field. The difference in how our offense performs when Garcon is winning his matchup vs how it performs when he isn't is staggering.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #174
Evilgrin
The Starter

Garcon is a good receiver, but sometimes he relies too much on longer routes to get open.

Talent is a big issue on this team, and will be for at least the rest of this season.

Still glad Griffin is being forced to do things he isn't comfortable with. Vick never learned to become a pocket passer.

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #175
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm probably not giving Bruce Allen enough credit to get Hall extended at a reasonable contract value, but I can't think of a compelling reason to offer a multi-year contract. Someone else is going to, however.

Garcon has brought it a total of twice this year. We've relied on him to be a no. 1 guy every time we take the field. The difference in how our offense performs when Garcon is winning his matchup vs how it performs when he isn't is staggering.
Ive listed out the problems of the passing game, I dont look at Garcon performance and say he is a contributing factor in the failure of it. Oline, erractic RG3, etc... Look, next year I have Hankerson and Garcon on the field at receiver, no one else, thats a problem for the passing game as well.

He Gets Us
Old 11-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #176
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Garcon is an excellent blocker and really helps a lot in our run schemes.

But you don't think Garcon shoulders any blame whatsoever for RG3's struggles? I don't agree with that.

Garcon is clearly one of the two best receivers on this team and needs to be on the field 80% or more of offensive snaps. But I also think that to some degree, the percentage of offense that relies on Garcon is something that needs to be addressed in the offseason.

I think the reality of the situation is that there are a numbers of factors holding back the passing offense: pass protection, Griffin's development, and inconsistent receiver play.
Why would I blame Garcon for RG3's struggles? A lot of the time this season, RG3 has flat out missed open receivers (most notably, the Cowboys and Broncos games). Missing the offseason and preseason has a lot to do with that. I think if he can get in that offseason work, he will be much better. Im not saying Garcon hasnt had a bad game, but he is not the problem of this offense. When RG3 does not lock on one receiver, the passing game goes much better, I fail to see that as Garcons fault. There is no one to blame for that other than RG3 and his development, which was stunted for a second year QB to miss that time.

As for the Percentage of the offense that relies on Garcon. I agree there. Moss has been dropping almost everything coming his way this year. Robinson is a one trick pony, although that one trick can open up the intermediate stuff if used better. Hankerson is playing better, but has the talent to be better than he has been. Hankersons catch radius is tiny compared to his size. Morgan, sad to say, is a blocker and a number 3 at best. If anyones contract is to be complained about, it is Morgans. He does not produce like a 6 mil per year WR should. He will be gone anyways after the year unless he comes back at a much reduced price. The passing game is primarily Garcon and Reed, with Hankerson and Helu adding in a bit.

To many people want to say number 1 receiver, then compare him to Calvin Johnson. Garcon is not Calvin Johnson, but no one should expect that anyways, he is a freak of nature that can out jump triple teams. He also makes more than double what Garcon does. But Garcon has also produced for this team when he was given that opportunity, and is a better signing than a fair amount of WR's (Mike Wallace anyone?)
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #177
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Ive listed out the problems of the passing game, I dont look at Garcon performance and say he is a contributing factor in the failure of it. Oline, erractic RG3, etc... Look, next year I have Hankerson and Garcon on the field at receiver, no one else, thats a problem for the passing game as well.
Let's agree on this: moar Jordan Reed, plz.

I agree that Hankerson and Garcon are the only two Skins receivers likely to be back next year, although Aldrick has the next 8 games to earn his spot on next year's team. Griffin keeps throwing to Aldrick when he's on the field, fwiw.

Reeds versatility limits the need to go out and acquire someone who is specifically a "possession" type. He's getting it done on third down.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #178
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Prior to the SD game he was averaging 6.7 catches per game and 73 yds per game. So he's kind of right there already.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #179
The Goat
Pro Bowl

It sucks that Morgan didn't work out and Moss aged so quickly, or at least worked his way out of the good graces of the offense so quickly. Going into this season I thought we had a nice well rounded WR corp, but it looks limited and weak now. Garcon and Hank are keepers for sure. The rest haven't produced enough to justify anything.

I think it's a major concern, because we're so short on high draft picks and Mike has struggled to find talent in the mid to lower rounds outside RB and Riley at LB. Our oline drafting has been abysmal especially, and that group needs major reinforcements.

IMO the mismanagement of the roster/draft in his first two years is coming around to haunt us now more than ever, but I doubt most see it that way.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #180
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Prior to the SD game he was averaging 6.7 catches per game and 73 yds per game. So he's kind of right there already.
Which means he's averaging 10.9 yards per catch. Which is a problem.

How much of a problem is debatable. Some would call that small potatoes. But if RG3 was doing anywhere near as well as he was doing at this time last year (when Garcon was inactive), there wouldn't be anything to debate.