Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Washington Wizards 2011-2012 Ongoing Thread

Other Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #166
DC Tailgate
Special Teams

Re: Washington Wizards 2011-2012 Ongoing Thread

As long as Ernie is here it's not going to matter. He's a horrible GM and will continue to run this team into the ground because Leonsis is too stupid.

Advertisements
Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #167
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Allen Iverson Has No Answer For Financial Woes | ThePostGame

I knew Allen Iverson was a complete dumbass, but how you blow 154 million is mind boggling. This is worse than Antoine Walker. I don't feel sorry for these asshats one bit. They had it all and blew it on jewelry, leeches, and a fast life style. Good riddance you jerkoff.

I've always despised Allen Iverson. Guy was a complete assclown, and a huge reason why they never won a championship in Philly. He didn't give it his all in practice which is a true sign of a competitor and champion. Jordan never half assed it in practice, but Allen sure did.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 02-14-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #168
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

More on Iverson.

Bill Lyon: Iverson on the rocks - Philly.com

Quote:
Problem was, it was A.I. and "who that?" Almost every night, single-handedly, he would win or lose a game. That's not the way basketball is intended to be played, even if Larry Brown said it was so, too, the right way. Forty points are impressive. Taking 30 shots to get them is not.

Quote:
"He redefined high maintenance," Croce said.

He was hardly the poster child for working on conditioning. He was always half a step ahead, and they warned him the day would come when the half step would go away, never to return. They should have saved their breath; they were whistling into the wind. And now, now that bill has come due.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 02-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #169
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I was at the NY Knicks game the week before last. Even though the entire crowd was rooting for the Knicks and Lin, John Wall is really starting to become a stud. Whatever they do in the future, they gotta keep Wall. He must run a 4.3 40. He might be the fast guy in the league.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #170
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I was at the NY Knicks game the week before last. Even though the entire crowd was rooting for the Knicks and Lin, John Wall is really starting to become a stud. Whatever they do in the future, they gotta keep Wall. He must run a 4.3 40. He might be the fast guy in the league.
Interestingly enough, I think he plays his best when he slows himself down a bit. When he's going full throttle, he's sometimes out of control and his teammates can't keep up with him. Successful teams must know how to run half-court sets- I think the light bulb may be starting to come on. The second half of his sophomore season should show vast improvement (much like Rose's).

my blather
Old 02-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #171
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Wizards: Randy Wittman Benches JaVale McGee | wusa9.com

i f-ing love it, it's been long overdue. it has been obvious that there needs to be a culture change in the wizards locker room for some time now. i'm glad whitman had the balls to bench them and come out after the game and lay into them some more. time to step up or get the f outta town. crawford and seraphin will both start tonight and mcgee and young will sit on the bench. hopefully this ship can get righted before wall decides he is out of here, hopefully that already hasn't happened. who can honestly blame him for wanting to get out of this mess though.

ST21
Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #172
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
Wizards: Randy Wittman Benches JaVale McGee | wusa9.com

i f-ing love it, it's been long overdue. it has been obvious that there needs to be a culture change in the wizards locker room for some time now. i'm glad whitman had the balls to bench them and come out after the game and lay into them some more. time to step up or get the f outta town. crawford and seraphin will both start tonight and mcgee and young will sit on the bench. hopefully this ship can get righted before wall decides he is out of here, hopefully that already hasn't happened. who can honestly blame him for wanting to get out of this mess though.
Eh. The article mentions they will probably play McGee more tonight against Dwight Howard, but otherwise I like the idea of McGee and Young on the bench. They are just too selfish on the court for me to like the idea of them grabbing all the minutes. We're losing anyways, we might as well be losing while giving guys who deserve pt the opportunity to grow as players.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #173
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Eh. The article mentions they will probably play McGee more tonight against Dwight Howard, but otherwise I like the idea of McGee and Young on the bench. They are just too selfish on the court for me to like the idea of them grabbing all the minutes. We're losing anyways, we might as well be losing while giving guys who deserve pt the opportunity to grow as players.
Personally I think McGee has some screws loose. I'll give him props though, he should've won the dunk contest last year.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #174
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
i like the idea of showing these guys they don't run the team. i think in hindsight getting rid of e. jordan did more harm than good, as well as getting rid of butler and jamieson. having flip here was just a bad idea, he is a coach that can lead a team over the hump, not bring them out of the gutter. last year we had guys refusing to go back into a game and then starting the next night. a hard nose approach has been long overdue down at the verizon center.

ST21
Old 03-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #175
mlmdub130
Playmaker

wiz looked good tonight, they seem like they have responded to whittman, and are playing harder and smarter. wall had a great game in the loss to the magic, and crawford had a great game tonight. wall hit vesely with a long pass and vesely threw down a nice dunk. he still can't shoot for shit though. hopefully the wiz can keep it going. blache also came back tonight, shot awful but had some boards and assits.

vesely's dunk

ST21
Old 03-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #176
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Nick Young is done in Washington. Like to see us move him and get something before he goes

He Gets Us
Old 03-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #177
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Nick Young is done in Washington. Like to see us move him and get something before he goes
i think him testing the market before the season started showed no one really wants him. but it would be nice to trick someone in to giving us a dozen practice balls or something

ST21
Old 03-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #178
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

If I were a Wizards fan I would want McGee traded too.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #179
itvnetop
Playmaker

Wall and Booker are the only untouchables, imo.

my blather
Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #180
itvnetop
Playmaker

Jan Vesely is not a lottery player.

my blather
Closed Thread