Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Along with RG3, who gets your game ball?
Garcon 11 10.09%
Morris 41 37.61%
A. Robinson 13 11.93%
Gomes 23 21.10%
C. Griffin 12 11.01%
other 9 8.26%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #166
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdskins26 View Post
Strictly on a momentum basis if it ain't broke don't fix it
Totally agree just wondering where all the people who thought they knew better than the brass did when we cut him disappeared to.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #167
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

SO tough to pick anyone.

Gomes and the whole secondary.

All of the WRs..Garcon obviously, but especially Robinson for replacing Garcon's production. Banks too.

Paulsen...clutch.

Morris...helped by his whole offensive line that played shockingly well.

Kerrigan's pressure.

Cundiff!

Somehow, it seemed that once the real games started, all of our weaknesses suddenly disappeared...the O-line, the secondary, the kicker question mark. We played as good as a game as we could. Outside of the blocked punt, we really contained the Saints as well as they possibly can be. 32 rushing yards, held Brees to 25 points, most of them late in the game when they had to abandon the run and throw deep.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #168
Meks
Pro Bowl

He threw the ball 40+ times... and we held up... i like that stat
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #169
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Totally agree just wondering where all the people who thought they knew better than the brass did when we cut him disappeared to.
Cooley was never looked at in place of Paulsen, they co-existed last year nicely. Let's look at the drops by Davis, or the non-existent Niles Paul. Let me put it this way, if Grossman is gonna be inactive gameday, I'd rather have that be Cooley.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #170
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

im still drunk from yesterday...what was in that kool aid?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #171
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I gave my "non-RG3" game ball to AlfMo. He never had one easy run at all yesterday, and all of his yard were hard earned. They were prepared for us trying to run the ball on them, and we stuck with it even though it wasn't working. But doing that definitely helped take pressure off RG3 to have the game that he did. It's important to stick with the run when it isn't working, and that's what we did.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #172
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Leave it to the lawyer for double talk!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Voted in the poll for Morris. Almost went with Gomes who seemed to play a heck of a game. Really, never heard Wilson's name called and I guess that's a good thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
3. The line did a journeyman's job (The run game was unimpressive, Morris had a 96 yards but only after a ton of carries). At the same time, if the O-Line didn't win the game, it certainly did not lose it;
:cheeky-sm

Man this is a good morning to be a Skins Fan
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #173
Gtothearry
The Starter

The media is definitely giving Griffin his credit. However, what I find funny is how before the game the media was saying the skins were walking into a buzz saw. 1. Playing for Payton 2. The players being reinstated 3. Vindication for the penalties placed upon them by the NFL. 4. Etc., etc.

Today I'm hearing how the Saints are a different team and had to many distractions.

Not that it matters but I feel like the media is now trying to detract from what the Skins did yesterday.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #174
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Cooley was never looked at in place of Paulsen, they co-existed last year nicely. Let's look at the drops by Davis, or the non-existent Niles Paul. Let me put it this way, if Grossman is gonna be inactive gameday, I'd rather have that be Cooley.
Niles paul was supposed to be the next shannon sharpe according to alot of the idiots on es. Thats one of the reasons i was labled a troublemaker and eventually booted off. I disagreed. Lol. Im hoping davis shakes the drops off. Though he did make a nice effort to get open and snag that beautiful throw by rg3. There are a handful of guys id rather see cooley than. My point was not that i dont like cooley or think he has a little left in the tank but when we cut him some people were giving up on the season.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #175
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
The media is definitely giving Griffin his credit. However, what I find funny is how before the game the media was saying the skins were walking into a buzz saw. 1. Playing for Payton 2. The players being reinstated 3. Vindication for the penalties placed upon them by the NFL. 4. Etc., etc.

Today I'm hearing how the Saints are a different team and had to many distractions.

Not that it matters but I feel like the media is now trying to detract from what the Skins did yesterday.
Mike and mike. Nfl on sirius and mad dog radio all saying still that new orleans was a tuff first game due to all those reasons.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #176
skinsfan69
Living Legend

How about Aldrick Robinson? We need to see more of this guy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #177
44 goes 50 gut

Lot of guys missing from that Poll Fletcher and Wilson were IMO the clear defensive MVP's, IMO if that poll read "besides Griffin Fletcher and Wilson" it would be better. Most fans don't know what they're looking at with CB's so unless there's an INT or a corner blitz that works you're not going to hear their name, Wilson was huge. Gomes was my runner up so I voted for him.

Morris had a good game he found the holes the line made on his TD's, got into the second level a couple times later in the game, made some yards with his vision mostly late when their D was gassed and some nice moves at the second level, not going to diminish what he did, it just didn't have the play making impact that Wilson's HUGE defended passes, Fletcher's TD saving backside pursuit, or Gomes' INT + return that lead to a TD, along with his solid work in run support and even some pressure on Brees. Gomes actually had a monster game.

IMO the difference between them and Morris yesterday is simply that those were "plays made" at crucial moments that often didn't get made in the past versus a very solid all around run performance that will make a lot of fantasy owners happy (at least for a week or two) , but none the less is something that Mike Shanahan could seemingly get our of his left shoe, or the spare tire from his car. Again not putting down Morris at all, he could be the next big thing, but he's just joined (in no order):

Helu, Royster, K Williams, Ryan Torain, Tatum Bell his name sake and successor scant few months later: Mike Bell, Reuben Droughns, Olandis Gary, Travis Henry, Mike Anderson and etc. as RB's who look(ed) good in Shanahan's scheme...
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #178
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
im still drunk from yesterday...what was in that kool aid?
I dont know but ill have another!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #179
Gtothearry
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I dont know but ill have another!
I'll take a pitcher full!
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #180
T.O.Killa
The Starter

I think we should give kudos to our GM together with Shannahan not only for making the biggest trade in our history, but for all the late round draft choices that helped us win that game.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote