Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who do you want to start at QB?

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Starting at QB Opening Day?
John Beck 123 73.65%
Rex Grossman 44 26.35%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #166
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: Who do you want to start at QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Mobility is much more important in college, pro QBs need to be be able to move a couple steps side to side and deliver an accurate ball. I'll take accuracy over mobility any day and I think Rex is a bit more accurate.
I'm not sure that the gap in accuracy, if there even is one, is as great as the mobility gap between Beck and Grossman.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #167
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I'm not sure that the gap in accuracy, if there even is one, is as great as the mobility gap between Beck and Grossman.
Totally agree.

Not sure I see any difference in accuracy actually. Beck's throws are pretty spot on and he's got some underrated zip too.

I think Beck's athleticism really gives him the advantage, he can really sell the boot action stuff the Shanahan's love to run, and he's a legit threat to take off for a few yards if needed.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #168
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Ten observations: Ravens 34, Redskins 31 | John Keim | NFL | Washington Examiner

Quote:
2. Apparently ESPN’s Jon Gruden was raving about Beck on TV and proclaimed him his day one starter. He also apparently raved about Beck’s interview. Here’s the thing; Gruden doesn’t do that if he’s not hearing something elsewhere. Like from the head coach. I’ve talked to a few people who have said that Mike Shanahan has told them he thinks Beck is better than Rex Grossman. And Gruden would have been in a production meeting with Shanahan the other day. Wonder if the QB topic came up. What do you think?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #169
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5dicky View Post
You obviously need to be constantly reminded of Grossman's credentials as where Beck doesn't have any. It's like the other posters have stated, Grossman is comfortable delivering the ball from the pocket and Beck is much more effective rolling outside of the pocket to make throws. So, who in the hell do you think is going to start? Probably the quarterback that can play in the pocket like an NFL quarterback. Gaffney is a receiver on this team anyway, that already is fate enough to make Grossman the quarterback. I think I've made it clear that I think Rex isn't just a stopgap quarterback but the leader of this offense.
Offiss......dark twin?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #170
jonny5dicky

Grossman threw 7 touchdown passes in 3 games last season on a sort of bad Redskins team last season. That's on pace for over 30 touchdown passes a season, and I think he can keep that pace especially with having the familiar target of Gaffney to throw to. Gaffney is a very underrated receiver that does everything right, and sorry for all the Grossman praise but I have a gut feeling that the Redskins success will mold together with him under center.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #171
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5dicky View Post
Grossman threw 7 touchdown passes in 3 games last season on a sort of bad Redskins team last season. That's on pace for over 30 touchdown passes a season, and I think he can keep that pace especially with having the familiar target of Gaffney to throw to. Gaffney is a very underrated receiver that does everything right, and sorry for all the Grossman praise but I have a gut feeling that the Redskins success will mold together with him under center.
Along with 4 picks and 4 fumbles, but yeah let's just leave that part out.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #172
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Along with 4 picks and 4 fumbles, but yeah let's just leave that part out.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #173
jonny5dicky

McNabb threw 14 touchdown passes in 13 games, Grossman 7 in 3. With more added weapons to the offense(Hightower, Gaffney), along with the development and familiarity with Armstrong and Austin will only make him more productive. I think Beck should be put in if we can't protect Grossman and we do need someone more fleet at foot, because that's all Beck's got on the gunslinger himself, mark of the Red8, a one Rex Grossman the savior of D.C.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #174
MTK
\m/

Old 08-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #175
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

The qb battle is a draw, but Jonny5 reminds me of the guy from NO that defended CP to the hilt last year. It's fun to watch the unrelenting support, and yet so hard not to get drawn into the conversation.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #176
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The qb battle is a draw, but Jonny5 reminds me of the guy from NO that defended CP to the hilt last year. It's fun to watch the unrelenting support, and yet so hard not to get drawn into the conversation.
Yeah and once they're proven wrong, you never hear from them again.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #177
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

After last night's performance the quarterback competition looks even to me. Both quarterbacks proved they can move the offense. I like Beck because he more mobile. I respect the opinions of Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski. Chucky and Jaws liked Beck as well.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #178
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
After last night's performance the quarterback competition looks even to me. Both quarterbacks proved they can move the offense. I like Beck because he more mobile. I respect the opinions of Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski. Chucky and Jaws liked Beck as well.
Yeah I don't think much changed based on last night. And I think the coaches already have their minds made up anyway.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #179
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah and once they're proven wrong, you never hear from them again.
Probably because he's plotting his return for when Tortis (trademarked by Chico) proves Redskins wrong for cutting him. IN the meantime....

Old 08-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #180
jonny5dicky

Oh you'll hear from me, I've been a Rex supporter since he came in the league in 2003. And about Clinton Portis, Redskins fans shouldn't ever bash him because he was one of the only good parts of this offense for the past 6 years. It's a shame he couldn't have a quarterback like Rex Grossman taking the pressure off of him. I know what I'm talking about, I don't care what you think Matty, I know for a fact Rex Grossman will be a difference maker for the Washington Redskins in 2011.
Closed Thread