Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Parking Lot

Old 01-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #166
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Thanks M
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-25-2015, 11:54 PM   #167
mbedner3420
The Starter

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

I'm so sorry to hear that, punch. It's never easy losing a pet, especially one that has been in your life that long. I lost my first dog nearly ten years ago, and I to this day regularly think about how much I miss the pup. As you've experienced with your other dog, it gets easier as the days go by, but you can never really forget. Best of luck to you and your family.
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:14 PM   #168
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Thanks Mbender.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:06 AM   #169
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post

Coco
Sorry for your loss punch, he was adorable looking. My family had to make one of the toughest decisions today and decided to put down our 16 year old beagle Scooter. We think she'd had a second stroke and it was time to let her go and be at peace. She'd lost almost half her weight in the last 3 months and had started walking around aimlessly and would sometimes even get stuck under the furniture in the kitchen and start panicking. I'd like to think she had a happy life with us and now she's up with her old buddy Maja running around like her old self. RIP Scooter, we'll always love you.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:42 AM   #170
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Sorry for your loss punch, he was adorable looking. My family had to make one of the toughest decisions today and decided to put down our 16 year old beagle Scooter. We think she'd had a second stroke and it was time to let her go and be at peace. She'd lost almost half her weight in the last 3 months and had started walking around aimlessly and would sometimes even get stuck under the furniture in the kitchen and start panicking. I'd like to think she had a happy life with us and now she's up with her old buddy Maja running around like her old self. RIP Scooter, we'll always love you.

I believe she is up there for sure. Sorry to hear about Scooter. My condolences to you and your family.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #171
SirLK26
The Starter

Sorry to hear about your losses, punch and skinsfan. It's tough to lose one who loves so unconditionally.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #172
SirLK26
The Starter

On a happier note, got this little beagle a while back... she's about 9 months now.

Safe to say she's pretty spoiled.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:27 PM   #173
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Awesome pic. That is one cute pup. And thank you.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #174
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
sorry for your pain and loss skinsfanthru.

def ease their pain when the time is right.

ive had dogs i didnt put down and it is heartbreaking to watch them wither away, not eat, get dehydrated, cant walk etc. my husky i would lay next to on the kitchen floor bc he couldnt move anymore. i didnt put him down bc i could see in his eyes he still loved me, knew i was there when i would hold and pet him. i thought i was giving him comfort, and i was for the time that i was right next to him, but looking back, i was being selfish.

life lesson learned. think long and hard, educate yourself as much as possible, then make the tough/right decision. something i can never take back. i cant go back and make it right.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #175
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Parents put down their golden today. They had rescued her from a PA puppy mill. The Amish were using her as a breeding dog. She was about 6 when my folks got her. She was a great dog.

She had an enlarged spleen and she was riddle with cancer.she was about 12.

RIP Shelby
Old 02-14-2015, 11:03 AM   #176
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgement...

Damn sorry to hear that M. RIP Shelby. Fantastic that they gave her half of her life in a good environment and showed her the love and respect she deserved. Wiped all the bad memories out. I have a dog that was used for breeding too. Terrible thing. Those Amish people should be put out of their misery!
Not all Amish people just the dbags that abused Shelby.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:27 AM   #177
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

RIP Shelby.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:53 AM   #178
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Thanks guys.
It has been kind of a blessing as my folks are getting older and it was hard for them to manage a 90 pound dog. I use to be nervous because Shelby had a habit of quietly standing behind you and I even fell over her a few times. I think that is my folks last dog, which is sad.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:33 AM   #179
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

So my wife has been a vegetarian for years and close to a vegan. About two months ago she went all in on veganism. Im used to almond milk, earth balance instead of butter and eating vegan food but i still ate meat and dairy until 3 weeks ago. I had the week off n she has been wanting to go to one of these farm animal sanctuaries. So we went. About two days prior i started eating vegan. I think it was a guilt thing as i knew the people at the farm were all vegans. Anyway the trip changed my life. Its been about 3 weeks now and I will never put another animal by product in my body. I knew these animals were tortured but i did not know the severity of it. The dairy side is actually thee most gruesome. A true vegan makes this life change for the animals not for health reasons or dietary purposes. That being said i have lost 7 pounds and never felt so much raw energy in my life. I take my B-12 supplement as this is one thing hard to get without meat in ur diet. The food industry is catching on and they make so many imitation meats that taste real now. I truly do not miss any of it. Anyway if anyone is interested i would be more than happy to let u know how to save these animals without sacrificing deliciousness lol. Oh n all this free range non gmo meat n eggs is bullshit. Free range means the cage is 6 inches larger. Even a farm with chickens that run free are not gmo as all of these animals are genetically altered through years of process of selection.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #180
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Oh n one more cool thing. The day i made this choice to go vegan my wife was on one of her vegan facebook sites and says "wow after 250 years Guinness has gone vegan! They no longer use fish guts in the brew process." So me n my favorite beer both went vegan on the same day.