Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 11-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

I agree with you on that Chico.

I also don't think the real story is Northam winning, it's the swing of seats in the House of Delegates. Not sure who has the majority now, but I know the left gained some seats.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I agree with you on that Chico.

I also don't think the real story is Northam winning, it's the swing of seats in the House of Delegates. Not sure who has the majority now, but I know the left gained some seats.
Real story is where is the transgender dude gonna pee in the state capital? Get your popcorn ready for for more shit that affects no one but a minute minority while the kids of Richmond City get some of the worst public education on the east coast. Fuck’m, they’re just kids.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
While the districts voted the same way in terms of winner/losers, the voter turnout was higher for both the Democratic and Republican candidates.

In 2013, approximately 2,240,000 voters participated in the gubernatorial election.
In 2017, approximately 2,600,000 voters participated in the gubernatorial election.

While both major candidate parties gained significant votes, the Dems gained almost 350K in votes, while the Republican gained only 150K (meanwhile, Libertarian candidate went from 140K to 12K.

I would suggest Trump's 2016 win was fueled in some party by significant voter apathy from the left. Pretty sure that ain't happening in 2020. Not sure what the next three years hold, but pretty sure the country is going to continue with its polarization.

My prediction: Increased chauvinism on the right, increased identity politics on the left, and a continued decline in intellectual debate and the competition of ideas.
I agree about the apathy, but I also think it was fueled by the demonization of those who hold values contrary to the progressive movement's appointed ones. I think that and a growing economy will push more away from the extreme wing of the Democratic party that has overtaken it.

With that being said, your a stinkhead, and you write too many big words so your bad!!!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

How do you not feel embarrassed with this man representing you.

This is right on the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnj9L-Pkx8
Old 11-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
How do you not feel embarrassed with this man representing you.

This is right on the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnj9L-Pkx8
As long as the economy improves, man can do no wrong. Haven't you been paying attention?
Old 11-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
As long as the economy improves, man can do no wrong. Haven't you been paying attention?
The deplorable that elected trump.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...porters-215800
Old 11-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
You mean Obama's economy?
Old 11-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I said earlier, a lot of what Trump has done is in the realm of "think positive talk" to the stock market and companies. Very much in line with a supply side economic model, he has, through the bully pulpit of the Presidency, made corporations believe that they would be keeping more of their profits through lower taxes, and they would have to deal with a less burdensome regulatory environment. All of which has spurred the up tick in growth and market conditions we are seeing.

I will add that if the Republican congress doesn't come through with bills that enact Trump's statements you could see rapid drop in both the stock market and the economy as a whole.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:29 PM   #9
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Just curious, how do you feel about the wall? He’s had a lot of hair-brained shit he’s talked about but that one baffles me.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Just curious, how do you feel about the wall? He’s had a lot of hair-brained shit he’s talked about but that one baffles me.
I have no problem with the wall. First, I tend to think that people who oppose it fall in two categories
  • One group wants to see it in the most simplistic form and then criticize from that. What I mean by that is a concrete slab that extends from one side to another with another with no camera's, electronic barrier detection, or other techniques that would enhance the ability of the border patrol. They frame it as a 10 foot concrete slab, period.
  • The other group tends to frame it as somehow equivalent to the Soviet wall.

The Soviet wall comparison is basically nutty, their wall was designed to keep people in, and guarded with shoot to kill instructions. The Great American Wall (lol my term) would be more the modern day descendant from the Great Wall of China, or in European terms, the walls of the great cities of medieval times.

As for the first group, I would say that a simplistic concrete slab would be a fool's errand. But, an effective wall - and the US has plenty of companies who know how to build effective walls - would incorporate anti-tunneling designs, along with incorporated cameras and encroachment detection systems and have a somewhat pleasing appearance.

I think of it like this, If I lived in a neighborhood, where I constantly have to worry about my property line being accidentally encroached, I would build a simple fence and trust that would keep the neighbors off. If I live in a neighborhood where it's a little rougher, but has a good police presence, maybe I use some stronger material, or put cameras up at the corners. But IF I lived in a neighborhood where the police are overwhelmed, and I know they won't respond in a timely manner, and I consider my family's welfare at risk, I will build the strongest fence possible, and have a good old German Shepherd out and hungry.

Our southern border certainly falls somewhere between the middle to bad end of the spectrum, and if you buid the wall right, it would both be a source of United States accomplishment, and of protection for our country.

I can't imagine any other country ridiculing it's elected leader about attempting to secure the nation's borders, ESPECIALLY when that was a primary part of the elected candidate's platform, and was clearly a part of the election victory.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:32 PM   #11
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Also, thank you for your opinion. It feels like no one admits they voted for him. I still detest him as a human being.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Also, thank you for your opinion. It feels like no one admits they voted for him. I still detest him as a human being.
Am a registered republican but I know him from NY and more from Atlantic City, he is the type of person that after he leaves a room people check their pockets to make sure they weren't robbed and then they want to take a shower.He really is that big a scum bag.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
What does it say about our society, when basically half the country feels like they have to hide their beliefs from the other half because they know the other side will act out and hissy fit over it?

I don't think Trump voters are in any way ashamed that they voted for him. I do think that they just don't want to be dumped into a stereotypical heap by those who don't agree with them.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #14
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.c7c4db3ead85

This just seems like a dumb move.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Agreed...the hornets nest is buzzing out there like we’ve never seen, you don’t run up and kick it. Extremely poor move right now.

It’s ironic how we view the Middle East as the cradle of civilization but it’s been the main factor in holding the modern world back with it’s never ending strife. The man upstairs really threw a wrench in the game when he planted the greatest deposit of oil in the world smack dab in the middle of that place.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote