Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your MVP of the week goes to...
Griffin III 79 84.04%
Morris 11 11.70%
Kerrigan 2 2.13%
other 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #166
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Agreed. If you you are walking around like a proud peacock because of yesterdays win you know little about the NFL. Yes I am happy we won but at this point in MS's tenure here we should be bulldozing the TB, and STL of the NFL world. Sadly we are not much better or on par with them.
We probably are on par with them and I don't see why that's a negative or a big surprise. The Rams are 2-2, the Bucs while 1-3 have hung tough in their games so far.

The top tier teams are the ones that should be bulldozing these guys. Not a team that's probably looking at 8-8.

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #167
Gtothearry
The Starter

I'm not going to give ATL the win. Carolina almost got them and I think we are on par with Carolina.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #168
RFKRat
Special Teams

Quote:
Agreed. If you you are walking around like a proud peacock because of yesterdays win you know little about the NFL. Yes I am happy we won but at this point in MS's tenure here we should be bulldozing the TB, and STL of the NFL world. Sadly we are not much better or on par with them.
Well said. I don't often post here cause it seems like if you aren't drinking the kool aid you get flamed...but these are fair questions?

--All I see here and in the media today are constant stroking of RG3's brilliance. Yes he's had a great start and has been awesome at times. But that last drive was more the courtesy of Tampa's god-awful prevent defense. How open were those receivers? And how come twice now (the St Louis game the other) the Redskins built big halftime leads only to see them vanish? The defense sucks, we know that, but the offense has almost disappeared in the second half of both those games.

And these games are against mediocre to bad opposition...they can get away with it vs. Tampa (who also inexplicably waited to start really throwing and exploiting the Redskins bad secondary until the second half) but can they get away with it vs. anybody good?

MS in his tenure here has been repeatedly outcoached. The Bengals game was a classic example. In the StLouis and Tampa games the opposition made adjustments at the half and the Redskins did nothing. Luckily MS's hand picked kicker finally did his job and hit a FG (barely) to save the bacon yesterday...but come on...

MS has won what, one playoff game in his last 14 seasons of coaching? Someone tell me where all this brilliance is supposed to be, or has the league passed him by?
RFKRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #169
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

WHen fans realize their team was a bottom of the basement crap team with crap talent, the better they'll be come time of assessing their teams potential. People look at us like you do the Rams, Bucs, or Bills.

This is where this team should be at this point in MS's tenure. A .500 team that plays scrappy and is in every game. Guess what? That's exactly what we are. Not sure why you guys think we should be contending for Super Bowl or even making the playoffs considering the shit talent and team that he was charged with. He's had to do a complete turnover to get this ship right. It's too bad that fans lack the patience needed to see things through. People were wanting Mike fired after his first season. Give me a break. The man has done wonders considering he had to deal with the following things:

1)Vinny's roster
2) restricted FA in uncapped year
3) Lockout
4) 36 mil salary cap charge
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #170
Giantone
Gamebreaker

A tale of 2 halfs,you won the first and survied the second and came away with a win,Bob looked ok.Congratulations.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #171
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tampa took the Giants to overtime at their place and Dallas escaped at home by 6 points. No "easy" games in the NFL.

Road wins are tough to get in this league folks

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #172
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
We probably are on par with them and I don't see why that's a negative or a big surprise. The Rams are 2-2, the Bucs while 1-3 have hung tough in their games so far.

The top tier teams are the ones that should be bulldozing these guys. Not a team that's probably looking at 8-8.
Don't the Rams and Bucs both have brand new head coaches? Just starting to build their teams. Freaking MS has been here long enough that we should be better then the TB/STL's of the world at this point.

I am not a Debbie Downer and generally have supported MS and company but it is time this team HIS team steps up and don't give me the well he has a rookie QB. The god damn rookie QB is the only reason the MS turd even has two wins.

Honestly how the fawk did the defense get worst from last year? Much worst for the matter.

Look at the penalties that are killing us...that is coaching plain and simple.

I fear MS and KS realize this maybe their last hooray and will literally run Bob into the ground to save their necks.

How Jim H still has a job is mind fawking blowing to me.

Want get MAD really MAD??? Think about in the last decade how many number one draft picks (top ten ones at that) we blew on the secondary and now it is our weakest link! FAWK! (I know not really MS and companies fault but still burns me).
Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #173
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
A tale of 2 halfs,you won the first and survied the second and came away with a win,Bob looked ok.Congratulations.
lol @ "bob looked ok."
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #174
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The beagles tried to hand last nights game to the G men, i dint get to watch, was the offensive PI call legit??

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #175
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
WHen fans realize their team was a bottom of the basement crap team with crap talent, the better they'll be come time of assessing their teams potential. People look at us like you do the Rams, Bucs, or Bills.

This is where this team should be at this point in MS's tenure. A .500 team that plays scrappy and is in every game. Guess what? That's exactly what we are. Not sure why you guys think we should be contending for Super Bowl or even making the playoffs considering the shit talent and team that he was charged with. He's had to do a complete turnover to get this ship right. It's too bad that fans lack the patience needed to see things through. People were wanting Mike fired after his first season. Give me a break. The man has done wonders considering he had to deal with the following things:

1)Vinny's roster
2) restricted FA in uncapped year
3) Lockout
4) 36 mil salary cap charge
Nobody is saying we should be SB champions or contenders but it is more then fair to say MS and company should at least be competing for the NFC East title and/or a wild card birth.

AND yes I know statistically that is true right now but come on we have had a cup cake schedule to start the season and we are 2-2; if this ship was running course we should be 4-0 right now after the cup cakes we just played.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #176
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
lol @ "bob looked ok."
Don't feed the troll. Haters gone hate.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #177
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Don't the Rams and Bucs both have brand new head coaches? Just starting to build their teams. Freaking MS has been here long enough that we should be better then the TB/STL's of the world at this point.

I am not a Debbie Downer and generally have supported MS and company but it is time this team HIS team steps up and don't give me the well he has a rookie QB. The god damn rookie QB is the only reason the MS turd even has two wins.

Honestly how the fawk did the defense get worst from last year? Much worst for the matter.

Look at the penalties that are killing us...that is coaching plain and simple.

I fear MS and KS realize this maybe their last hooray and will literally run Bob into the ground to save their necks.

How Jim H still has a job is mind fawking blowing to me.

Want get MAD really MAD??? Think about in the last decade how many number one draft picks (top ten ones at that) we blew on the secondary and now it is our weakest link! FAWK! (I know not really MS and companies fault but still burns me).
Well that's certainly the glass is half empty view of things.

Question, what did you expect W/L wise this year?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #178
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Despite the gaudy numbers on the offense (3rd in total yds and yds/game; 1st in rushing yds and rushing yds/game; 4th in total points and points/game), our offense is tied for last in 3rd down conversion at 25.5 pct. This has got to change, especially if we are going to continue to have issues with the defense. We can't give teams the opportunity to come back, and we've seen that happen in 3 games.

Also, I just saw that we are first for most penalties (37) and tied for first in penalty yds (356), this has to change.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #179
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
The beagles tried to hand last nights game to the G men, i dint get to watch, was the offensive PI call legit??
Oh yes it was. Barden did everything short of taking off his helmet and beating Nnamdi with it. Speaking of Nnamdi, I thought the PI on him prior to this play was iffy.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #180
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Oh yes it was. Barden did everything short of taking off his helmet and beating Nnamdi with it. Speaking of Nnamdi, I thought the PI on him prior to this play was iffy.
10-4 Good buddy wish you would call skins games instead of Tim fn Ryan.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote