Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-17-2021, 09:39 AM   #1741
MTK
\m/

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
........you really think trumps knows what the internet is?
you mean the cyber?

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2021, 09:43 AM   #1742
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Well you all know my opinion of Trump, but here is one thing he got right.

Exactly four years ago, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) repealed the internet regulation known as net neutrality, which had forced internet service providers (ISPs) to treat all content identically in terms of download and streaming speeds, for instance......

https://reason.com/2021/12/15/net-ne...faster-better/
I'll say it is a success when rural areas have the same infrastructure. These corporations make $ hand over fist in towns and then refuse to expand modern services outward.

Here is Harford exec Glassmans approach (he is another republican politician i am considering voting for at the state level when he runs). On the radio he said he is tired of corporations coming into Harford County to make $ and not reinvesting back into the county
https://patch.com/maryland/belair/ha...nd-rural-north
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:44 AM   #1743
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Still remember when Al Gore take credit for creating the internet

Dope

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 02:13 PM   #1744
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I'll say it is a success when rural areas have the same infrastructure. These corporations make $ hand over fist in towns and then refuse to expand modern services outward.

Here is Harford exec Glassmans approach (he is another republican politician i am considering voting for at the state level when he runs). On the radio he said he is tired of corporations coming into Harford County to make $ and not reinvesting back into the county
https://patch.com/maryland/belair/ha...nd-rural-north
Completely different subject and in fact one of the criticisms prior it being it being put into effect in 2014 is that it would hamper infrastructure development, which in fact was born out in the 3 years it was in effect. It turned out to be bad policy and even most of it's advocates now acknowledge that.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 02:29 PM   #1745
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Perhaps you can explain it better to me then. My understanding is that offering neighbors an inferior product at the same price was something net neutrality was supposed to prevent? Thus people in Bel Air having high speed FiOs versus people in Jarrettsville having DSL yet both paying the same price? I really don't know enough but any time a business is advocating to be deregulated it is a red flag to me.
Old 12-17-2021, 03:02 PM   #1746
MTK
\m/

Ok so the end of the internet didn't happen. But I thought the repeal was supposed to bring competition, lower prices, expanded and better services? Has the consumer benefited at all?
Old 12-17-2021, 06:24 PM   #1747
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Ok so the end of the internet didn't happen. But I thought the repeal was supposed to bring competition, lower prices, expanded and better services? Has the consumer benefited at all?
The article indicated it did. Investment in internet infrastructure resumed at a more accelerated rate which brought better services. Throttling of course never occurred.
Old 12-17-2021, 06:29 PM   #1748
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Perhaps you can explain it better to me then. My understanding is that offering neighbors an inferior product at the same price was something net neutrality was supposed to prevent? Thus people in Bel Air having high speed FiOs versus people in Jarrettsville having DSL yet both paying the same price? I really don't know enough but any time a business is advocating to be deregulated it is a red flag to me.
No net neutrality was supposed to prevent offering the product for varying prices within the capabilities of the service in an area. Service providers aren't reducing service in rural areas in order to provide faster service in Bel Air they are providing the max that they are capable of providing with the systems they have in each area.
Old 12-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #1749
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey;1304411[B
]No net neutrality was supposed to prevent offering the product for varying prices within the capabilities of the service in an area.[/B] Service providers aren't reducing service in rural areas in order to provide faster service in Bel Air they are providing the max that they are capable of providing with the systems they have in each area.
and this doesn't happen?
Old 12-18-2021, 10:18 AM   #1750
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-coming.html

We have not been victorious over it': Kamala takes a swipe at Joe for declaring independence from COVID on July 4 – and blames scientists for failing to see Omicron or Delta coming

Kamala Harris on Friday spoke to The Los Angeles Times and discussed the new surge of Covid-19 infections
She said that the US government had been taken by surprise by the emergence of both Delta and Omicron
Harris said that they were unsighted because 'most scientists - upon whose advice and direction we have relied - didn't see Delta coming'

Just wow folks…I think Delta was identified when Trump was in the White House. VP is a disaster, and this exchange looks to be cringe:

So who's the real president of this country? Is it Joe Manchin or Joe Biden?' asked Charlamagne, whose real name Lenard Larry McKelvey, during his Comedy Central show.

'Come on, Charlamagne,' Harris said. 'Come on. It's Joe Biden.'

Charlamagne replied: 'I can't tell sometimes.'

Harris, grew visibly angry, wagged her finger at the host and said: 'No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

'It's Joe Biden, and don't start talking like a Republican about asking whether or not he's president. And it's Joe Biden. And I'm vice president and my name is Kamala Harris.'

The heated exchange came after Harris's outgoing aide Symone Sanders tried to cut off the interview.

Sanders, could be heard off-camera on the other end of the remote interview, shouting: 'I'm so sorry Charlamagne, it's Symone, we have to wrap.'

'She can hear me,' Charlamagne chuckled.

Sanders responded: 'Can you hear me now? I'm sorry but we have to wrap. I'm sorry to interrupt.'

'They're acting like they can't hear me, yo,' Charlamagne said, turning to a producer off-camera, implying that Harris's team is faking technical issues.

Harris, looking tense, stared at Charlamagne and replied, 'I can hear you,' allowing the interviewer to finally continue with his question.

Just amazing…this trend of the White House handlers always try to stop the press or end interviews when Biden or Harris speaks is not normal. Never happened with the last administration. Why does this happen? Why is there a lack of transparency? Amazing silence from the left per the usual.

He Gets Us
Old 12-18-2021, 12:29 PM   #1751
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
and this doesn't happen?
I probably didn't explain it correctly or well as I know varying types of services are offered. But the throttling of service that were predicted and which Net Neutrality was supposed to prevent never occured. Bottomline Net Neutrality was a regulation to prevent something that hadn't been happening prior to it's implementation nor happened after it ended.
Old 12-18-2021, 01:00 PM   #1752
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-coming.html

We have not been victorious over it': Kamala takes a swipe at Joe for declaring independence from COVID on July 4 – and blames scientists for failing to see Omicron or Delta coming

Kamala Harris on Friday spoke to The Los Angeles Times and discussed the new surge of Covid-19 infections
She said that the US government had been taken by surprise by the emergence of both Delta and Omicron
Harris said that they were unsighted because 'most scientists - upon whose advice and direction we have relied - didn't see Delta coming'

Just wow folks…I think Delta was identified when Trump was in the White House. VP is a disaster, and this exchange looks to be cringe:

So who's the real president of this country? Is it Joe Manchin or Joe Biden?' asked Charlamagne, whose real name Lenard Larry McKelvey, during his Comedy Central show.

'Come on, Charlamagne,' Harris said. 'Come on. It's Joe Biden.'

Charlamagne replied: 'I can't tell sometimes.'

Harris, grew visibly angry, wagged her finger at the host and said: 'No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

'It's Joe Biden, and don't start talking like a Republican about asking whether or not he's president. And it's Joe Biden. And I'm vice president and my name is Kamala Harris.'

The heated exchange came after Harris's outgoing aide Symone Sanders tried to cut off the interview.

Sanders, could be heard off-camera on the other end of the remote interview, shouting: 'I'm so sorry Charlamagne, it's Symone, we have to wrap.'

'She can hear me,' Charlamagne chuckled.

Sanders responded: 'Can you hear me now? I'm sorry but we have to wrap. I'm sorry to interrupt.'

'They're acting like they can't hear me, yo,' Charlamagne said, turning to a producer off-camera, implying that Harris's team is faking technical issues.

Harris, looking tense, stared at Charlamagne and replied, 'I can hear you,' allowing the interviewer to finally continue with his question.

Just amazing…this trend of the White House handlers always try to stop the press or end interviews when Biden or Harris speaks is not normal. Never happened with the last administration. Why does this happen? Why is there a lack of transparency? Amazing silence from the left per the usual.

I don’t ever remember anyone jumping on your bologna train for a single post. Like not one poster saying “good point Chico”, or “you got a point here Chico”. Just me and G -1 asking you if you are ok. You love to twist things and move goalposts, and just being completely nonsensical and biased.
All because you hate the fact that you championed the single biggest disaster in political history and for whatever reason can’t admit that you were wrong.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 02:33 PM   #1753
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

It’s all good, I appreciate everyone’s differing opinions.

He Gets Us
Old 12-18-2021, 06:11 PM   #1754
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I probably didn't explain it correctly or well as I know varying types of services are offered. But the throttling of service that were predicted and which Net Neutrality was supposed to prevent never occured. Bottomline Net Neutrality was a regulation to prevent something that hadn't been happening prior to it's implementation nor happened after it ended.
Got it I think so the regulation was moot and businesses thus far have just continued with their practices already in place.

What we really need IMO is a law that prevents throttling in the first place. When I hear of what Verizon did and how culpable they are for the Mendocino Fire in 2018 I get angry that we allow them to do what they did.
Old 12-18-2021, 08:20 PM   #1755
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I don’t ever remember anyone jumping on your bologna train for a single post. Like not one poster saying “good point Chico”, or “you got a point here Chico”. ........
No, I have on occasion and I believe I've seen one or two others as well. He's neither wrong nor right all the time. So far there has been only one person who posts here that has been right all the time, me of course, but everyone else has been right on some things and wrong on others.

Last edited by nonniey; 12-18-2021 at 08:38 PM.