Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your MVP of the week goes to...
Griffin III 79 84.04%
Morris 11 11.70%
Kerrigan 2 2.13%
other 2 2.13%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #151
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Redskins vs Bucs Post Game Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeesson View Post
We need to get rid of Cundiff right now, before he costs us a game in the future. I understand that he made that final kick, but he was trying his best to miss it. Had he nailed that last kick, maybe I'd say give him another chance, but that kick was whipping to the left so hard we all held our breath. Had we been a yard or two back he'd have missed that kick. Billy Cundiff is the Rex Grossman of kickers. We can't spend another season holding our breath on 30 -40 yard kicks. We need a kicker that can make those kicks routinely.
I know you don't actually believe this, but even just saying that makes you look stupid. Yes, professional kickers who miss 3 kicks in a row intentionally try to miss the game-winning 4th one, so they can be cut the next day. Because no job is better than a job right?

Other than that I agree with your point, he had a pretty bad game yesterday and if that's what it's going to be like down the road I think we should bring in some competition for the spot, i.e. Gano if nobody snatched him up.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #152
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I think it's time to realize this is the type of team we're going to be this year. Very good on offense, shaky on D. Most of our games are going to go down to the wire. Didn't most of us think 8-8 would be our ceiling? Seems about right.
Yep, we are who we thought we were. Middling team with a brilliant young QB.

And Joe Red is right, we need to learn how to bury people and put them away.

But Joe Red, I don't share your pessimism. I'll predict it right now: Washington 28, Atlanta 13. Booyah!
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #153
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Any follow up on this?

Redskins Snake Bitten Again by Brandon Meriweather and Aldrick Robinson Injuries | Bleacher Report
Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #154
mredskins
Gamebreaker

We could easily be a trap game for ATL especially since it is at home for us.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #155
Sonny9TD

Alfred Morris is a stud. Just an awesome pick by Shanahan. Maybe they can use Josh Leberius at center perhaps and get some good use of that 3rd round pick. He has been practiced at Center I've heard. Guard or Center can be his or should be his. A 3rd round pick should be able to start or at least play a good deal and eventually start. Unless you're deep like the Patriots. The Redskins are not and need new blood in a few places. If Shanny can pull starters from the 6th round I think 3rd round should be a real good talent. I think the first 3 rounds should have people contributing early and 4th round and later maybe not. But we'll see and that's just my opinion.

Would also like to see Hankerson break out and get open a bit more. Hard to tell if he is getting open a lot but hope he continues if he has or start if he hasn't.

Deangelo tried to bump the receiver off the line on the touchdown at the end and totally missed him and had to play catch up . Maybe some luck would help him because he has the skills I think. Maybe technique needs tweaking. If Redskins can beat the Cardinals we will be in great shape.

Last edited by Sonny9TD; 10-01-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Sonny9TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #156
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
We could easily be a trap game for ATL especially since it is at home for us.

The way the Redskins play at home, I almost wish this game was on the road. LOL
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #157
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
The way the Redskins play at home, I almost wish this game was on the road. LOL
agreed upon.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #158
firstdown
Living Legend

I thought we won the game. You guys pick the other team to win and then bitch like little girls when the Skins actually win.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #159
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
It is so hard to watch the Skins. I mean, I love RGIII and he is making it fun to watch again. But so much SSDD.
Big lead? Don't worry we'll blow it.
Been stopping the deep ball finally? Don't worry, they'll connect.
Got a decent drive going? Don't worry, we'll get a penalty to stop or just fizzle on 3rd down.

I know it's victory monday but the debbie downers have finally gotten to me I think. MS has had 3 years. This should have been a "put them away win". Tired of games coming down to the last series. Strangely, I don't think next week's will. Other than RGIII & Morris, I just don't see much to be positive about this team (okay, Kerrigan also).

Unlike others, I got no problem with the offensive play calling. The scheme seems solid but the stupid penalities need to stop. On D, come'on boys cover somebody. Next week R. White and J. Jones are going to be running free.

I can't believe how depressed I am on the day after a win. Help!
I hear ya bro'. I was right there last night, (of course some of that had to do the with the destruction that Brady and Roddy White put on my fantasy team). But - how many great teams have been built around a great qb.

These penalties are aggravating, but as guys trust that they don't need to make "that play" maybe the dumb one personal fouls will go down. Right now everybody is playing hard, and they are seeing a qb who gives them a chance to win every game, and enjoys it while he is doing it. That has got to bring a renewed spirit into our lockerroom, and hopefully it will manifest itself on the field. We will get the early season gaffes over with, and be maturing as the season ends. Will it be enough to squeak out a playoff spot, I dont know, but with a couple good off season pick ups, and more time for this team to grow, the sky is the limit as to where this team is headed.

Also, I honestly believe we beat Atlanta next week, not much defense but offensively, we can match them, and we will play up to their level. We just need to make sure we have the ball last
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #160
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Yep, we are who we thought we were. Middling team with a brilliant young QB.

And Joe Red is right, we need to learn how to bury people and put them away.

But Joe Red, I don't share your pessimism. I'll predict it right now: Washington 28, Atlanta 13. Booyah!
Lotus I need to come down to the bayou and shop where you are shopping!!!

I bet vegas puts the over under on our game around 65 with ATL favored by 5
Old 10-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #161
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I thought we won the game. You guys pick the other team to win and then bitch like little girls when the Skins actually win.
How many people actually picked TB to win?

And complaining about a team that has been up 21-6 at half the last two weeks, and gone 1-1 in those games, isn't bitching like little girls, it's venting over your team's frustrating performance.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #162
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

And complaining about a team that has been up 21-6 at half the last two weeks, and gone 1-1 in those games, isn't bitching like little girls, it's venting over your team's frustrating performance.

this. seriously.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #163
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Man we needed this one, HTTR.

Good

1. RG3 - We dont win that game without him. Best game as a pro so far imo. His accuracy in the short, medium throws is much better than I anticipated they would be.
2. Alfmo - He just ran over a good run defense. What a beast, to me I couldnt give RG3 the game ball without splitting it with Alfmo.
3. Oline - Really surprised how well they held up against a solid front 7. I thought this was there best game.
4. Run Defense effective again this game. This is really surprising me how we have quietly done a good job the running backs this year.
5. Silverblunt - Cant be called a sissy
6. Coaching staff had the team ready to play. Execution was the problem today, not the coaches. Great game by Kyle.

Bad
1. Billy C*ntdick - probably havent found a long term solution in the kicking game. Just an embarrassment
2. Stupid penalties continue. The Garcon cheap shot and the easy call 15 yard clip were drive stoppers. Dude WTF. This shit needs to end.
3. Niles Paul probably shouldnt have made the team
4. Secondary play continues to stuggle. Josh Wilson has given up some really bad plays the last couple weeks.

Whats your feedback?
Here was the difference today. I would rather these guys get beat by the offense having to actually MAKE throws and catches. Like we did week one. Make them earn it and that's what I saw today. Yeah TB made some plays but they had to earn it. That bullshit zone that they play doesn't make the opposing offense earn anything.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #164
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Agreed. If you you are walking around like a proud peacock because of yesterdays win you know little about the NFL. Yes I am happy we won but at this point in MS's tenure here we should be bulldozing the TB, and STL of the NFL world. Sadly we are not much better or on par with them.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #165
Meks
Pro Bowl

^ which is sad
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote