Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins Viks Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #151
Evilgrin
The Starter

Re: Skins Viks Postgame

Great time to work more on pocket stuff, no more RO runs.

Redskins #2 In Revenue Per Year!
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #152
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Last three times we made the playoffs we went on runs. Two five in a rows and a seven. What sucks so bad about last nite is a win would have put us in a position where we really almost control our own destiny. Still with four division games left. Now seven in a row doesnt even make it a lock. Damn. Damn. And double damn.
I'm not counting us out. Shhh don't let anyone hear us.

But with how bad the D has been I'd be happy with 7-9 or 8-8.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #153
DirtBagZ
Special Teams

Listening to 106.7 The Fan, and the fire Shanahan bandwagon is picking up steam. I think the most damning indictment though are these telltale characteristics of bad team and bad coaching that have been around from Gibbs II, Zorn, to Shanny: poor clock management, undisciplined play (unsportsmanlike, late hit penalties), lack of preparation. The fake punt debacle in which they get bailed out by their own penalty is the sign of the later.
DirtBagZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #154
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm not talking strictly yardage. The offense is averaging 25.6 points per game (11th) while the D is giving up 31.9 (31st). That's a problem.

As far as running it another time, sure they could have tried it, but they were also working with no time outs and Morris get stuffed on his carry. If they run it again and get stuffed more time ticks off. Shouldn't have come down to those final plays anyways.
I'm talking at the beginning of the game. One run and then two stupid ass passes on the one yard line. Inexcusable to not either give it to Morris or have a read option play there.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #155
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
So when the offense is hummin' it's because of the players.

When they falter it's on Kyle.

Got it.

What if Paulsen hauls in that TD that hit him in the hands on the first drive, or if Reed catches the TD at the end that also hit him in the hands? Still Kyle's fault?
On both of those I would say RG3 threw the ball too damn hard.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #156
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
Great time to work more on pocket stuff, no more RO runs.
I'd disagree completely. On our first drive and our last drive, why didn't we move the pocket and give a run/pass read on a play.. Especially if they are bringing a double A gap blitz, if RG breaks contain we've got numbers on the edge to get it to Reed or Hankerson. Same as late 3rd, early 4th, don't have the QB sitting there as a target when the DL is teeing off.. Move the pocket, throw in some screens.

Griffin needs more reps as a pocket passer, true, but not at the expense of developing his overall game as a passer.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #157
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Bottom line is this staff needs to go. Tired of seeing the same old mistakes week in and week out. Sloppy stupid football doesn't cut it.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #158
donofriose
The Starter

The only problem I have with the offense is how the offensive line is currently performing, how it was developed, and how it was assembled.

They really need to stop filling in free agents on the line and try to draft some and develop them with the Redskins system.

Kyle S. has used Reed, Garcon, and Morris very well. He is not Sean Payton of play calling but let us not act like he is the main source of the problems.

I believe the Redskins are 3-6 because the OLine loses their battles, and the defensive front loses their battle.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #159
DirtBagZ
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Bottom line is this staff needs to go. Tired of seeing the same old mistakes week in and week out. Sloppy stupid football doesn't cut it.
Total agreement, it is year four, and we have the Same old Skins, enough already. Other teams can manage the clock, are disciplined, and gasp, the defense can tackle.
DirtBagZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #160
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I'm not counting us out. Shhh don't let anyone hear us.

But with how bad the D has been I'd be happy with 7-9 or 8-8.
Last year we were actually playing worse at 3-6. Carolina had one win i think and pitt was just the worst performance of the year.
Id imagine someone in our division had 5-6 wins also? Its really eerily similar.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #161
MTK
\m/

Quote:
On both of those I would say RG3 threw the ball too damn hard.
Yeah he had to make quick throws but they were accurate and those guys get paid to catch the ball.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #162
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

As i've said a bunch before, if we finish below .500 MS should go, that would mean 3 of 4 years he has finished w a bad record. That just doesn't cut it.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #163
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
The only problem I have with the offense is how the offensive line is currently performing, how it was developed, and how it was assembled.

They really need to stop filling in free agents on the line and try to draft some and develop them with the Redskins system.

Kyle S. has used Reed, Garcon, and Morris very well. He is not Sean Payton of play calling but let us not act like he is the main source of the problems.

I believe the Redskins are 3-6 because the OLine loses their battles, and the defensive front loses their battle.
Seriously?!?! The O-line, while not perfect was #5 in sacks allowed and the team is in the top 5 running the ball coming into last night.

So far the team has drafted almost an entire line (T. Williams, LeReibus, Gettis, Compton). Now development of those players can be discussed but using draft picks on O-linemen is about 15th on the list of what's wrong with this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSFAN69
As a poster before mentioned, these problems aren't new. These same problems have occurred since, honestly, Schottenheimer left. Those issues happened with Spurrier, Gibbs II, Zorn and Shanny. It's organizational. The issues stem from a cultural lack of accountability throughout the Redskins franchise.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #164
fanarchist
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
The fade to Moss was by design. Everyone knew that on 4th down at the goal line that there was going to be double coverage on Garcon and Reed. Moss had one catch all game and they knew he would be the only one in man coverage.
But there wasn't double coverage on Reed and Garcon on 4th down in that situation. In fact Reed was singled up with a LB, beat him immediately off the line, and was wide open in the middle of the endzone. If everyone knew it, everyone was wrong. That everyone including those who make the calls, and those who are paid to execute them. Moreover on the 3 previous plays the blitz was evident, every receiver was in single coverage, and the middle of the field was wide open every time. We tried to run one rub route on a slant to Garcon, but RG mistimed the pass and released the ball too early with no discernible pressure.

The offense and playcalling are as much to blame as the defense. And good teams score as many points as they need to win, and in most cases far exceed that.

This argument that some phantom number of points is enough to beat a particular team on a particular day therefore alleviating the offensive coaching staff of any accountability is a straw man fallacy.

Last edited by fanarchist; 11-08-2013 at 11:55 AM.
fanarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #165
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Was listening to ESPN DALLAS this morning and they basically were saying as long as Snyder owns the team it will always be a circus for instance now it's the name issue and RG3's knee , team never being able to consistently win under DS.. ETC.. Kinda hard to argue it though