Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

What's up with the cops these days?

Debating with the enemy

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #151
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: What's up with the cops these days?

Off-Duty Winston-Salem, N.C. Police Officer Charles Ziegler's Good Deed Goes Viral

A Winston-Salem's off-duty police officer's good deed went viral last week.
Officer Charles Ziegler was working security for a local church on Feb. 26 when he spotted a mother pushing her child's stroller in the rain, according to TODAY.com.
He offered the woman a lift, and by that afternoon he was a bona fide Internet celebrity.
A photo of him helping the woman into his patrol car was posted on Twitter by the city's marketing and communications director and from there it took off.
WXII-TV picked up the story and after that, the story was passed around online.
Ziegler -- who was slammed with phone calls, texts and Facebook messages -- said that he still can't believe how far the story spread.
"My phone just blew up," he told TODAY.com. "Last night, I got a text message from someone I go to church with and she said I made the news in England."
He said the act was a regular occurrence as he's often at the church as parents are dropping their kids off at the daycare.
"It's me giving a lady and her child a ride. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal," he said. "Cops across the state and across the nation, they do stuff like this all the time."

Advertisements
Old 06-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #152
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Police officer does good deed before he dies moments later.

Police officer does good deed before he dies moments later. [VIDEO]
Old 06-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #153
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post

You knew that was going to happen.

Off-Duty Cop Charged With Murder in Road Rage Shooting | Video - ABC News
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #154
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Dustin Fetz, Police Officer, Makes Zoe Brugger Shake Her Bra In Search For 'Drugs'

We are scrapping the bottom of the barrel hiring cops these days.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #155
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

Pretty easy for you to sit and judge from your man cave behind a computer keyboard.

The good ones out weigh the bad ones by a mile as in any segment of life.
Joliet Cop Doing Good Deed Attacked: Police Blotter - Police & Fire - Joliet, IL Patch

Last edited by Giantone; 06-24-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #156
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Pretty sure you missed this one but then again it was a Cop doing something nice , why would you care?

Cop's curfew check becomes good deed for Phoenix teen
Old 06-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #157
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Some of you anti Police need to spend a day in their shoes......

http://silverunderground.com/2012/12...do-good-deeds/

TSA OPT OUT & FILM: DEPUTY SHERIFF PROTECTS 1ST AMENDMENT AT ALBANY AIRPORT - YouTube
Old 07-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #158
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Texas Trooper Shoves 74-Year-Old Then Arrests Her For Felony Assault When She Hits Him With Her Purse | Techdirt

Pieces of shit if you ask me.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #159
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Pretty easy for you to sit and judge from your man cave behind a computer keyboard.

First off, I judge based of the actions of a person. I realize that cops have a hard and thankless job. I also realize that many cops abuse their authority and often break the laws they are sworn to uphold. Lie on stand? Falsify evidence? Excessive force? I could go on and on down the list of the horrendous crimes by cops and their leaders that cover it up. This is the one place there should be absolutely no tolerance on this issues. The fact is, they allow it and continue to let these people on the force serve.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #160
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Police Shoot Dog, Gunshots Caught On Graphic Video (NSFW, UPDATES)
Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #161
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
It's not cool to appreciate police officers
Old 07-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #162
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
First off, I judge based of the actions of a person. I realize that cops have a hard and thankless job. I also realize that many cops abuse their authority and often break the laws they are sworn to uphold. Lie on stand? Falsify evidence? Excessive force? I could go on and on down the list of the horrendous crimes by cops and their leaders that cover it up. This is the one place there should be absolutely no tolerance on this issues. The fact is, they allow it and continue to let these people on the force serve.
It's really crazy that some will defend cops in general, and think those who are pointing out abuses are proclaiming all cops evil incarnate. Are there good cops, sure - the large percentage. BUT I was an MP for 5yrs (1 contract), not the same as local LE's for sure, and in my experience there were two personality types that signed up to be MP's; 1) those who saw the position as a power play, and 2) those who saw it as a serving others job. Out of those who see it as a power play, there was always a significant % that imo abused their position. It was that % that kept me from re-upping, and from going into LE in the civilian world.

Cops are given special trust and privilege, and G1 you can show all the good deed moments you want, that is part and parcel for what they signed up for. Sorry, no major kudos for those that in the course of their duty serve the public. That's their job. Those who violate the trust or abuse the privilege are far too common, (not the majority by any means), and a bright light deserves to be shined on their abuses.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #163
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

I always had that mentality as well until I started watching Bostons finest lol, no but really thats a great show.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #164
MTK
\m/

There are scumbags in every profession, that shouldn't tarnish the entire bunch as a whole though. Cops are definitely underrated.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #165
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think that's true. It's kind of like the old joke of a kid saying there's a mother's day and a father's day, but when is kid's day. Every day is kid's day.

Every day, and in many thousands of sporting events per year, LE and others who serve are acknowledged, appreciated and otherwise feted. But bad ones do exist, and simply because of their greater responsibility, they should be held to a higher scrutiny, not lesser.

It really has nothing to do with walking in one's shoes. They signed up to protect and serve. Those who don't should be called to the carpet.
Closed Thread