Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Washington vs Card Pre Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-08-2023, 12:45 PM   #151
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: Washington vs Card Pre Game

Placed Milne on IR, signed W. Bradley King to the 53 man roster to replace him, in the words of Ben Standig "This does not bode well for Chase Young's Week 1 status at a minimum/ (or there's another DL issue)"
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2023, 01:26 PM   #152
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Could be a 'just in case' depth addition. I thought things were trending up for CY.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 01:39 PM   #153
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Placed Milne on IR, signed W. Bradley King to the 53 man roster to replace him, in the words of Ben Standig "This does not bode well for Chase Young's Week 1 status at a minimum/ (or there's another DL issue)"
James Smith Williams was added to injury list with oblique issue, nothing to do with CY.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 03:42 PM   #154
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Yep, and those years Cam played at a Pro Bowl level, they did pretty well. When he didn't or when he was injured, not so much.
The lack of Quality QB is Rivera's fault as well. He is the defacto GM too, so who was brought in is all on him.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 04:45 PM   #155
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

It's pretty widely speculated that his hand was forced on most of those QB decisions by you know who. The only QBs he's likely responsible for bringing here are Heinicke, Allen, Howell and Brissett.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:52 PM   #156
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
It's pretty widely speculated that his hand was forced on most of those QB decisions by you know who. The only QBs he's likely responsible for bringing here are Heinicke, Allen, Howell and Brissett.
I believe that on Haskins as he was dumped with him . . . But he swore to God (very adamantly) on camera that Wentz was 100% his decision.

Source:

Quote:
Rivera strongly denied that the owner demanded they trade for Wentz. Rivera had compiled a list of analytics that showed Wentz's effectiveness and had him on a list of desired quarterbacks to possibly acquire entering the offseason. He has said they learned Wentz was available while at the scouting combine in Indianapolis last winter. The report also came out two days after Rivera had answered "quarterback" when asked the difference between his rebuilding team and the other three in the NFC East. Rivera later said he meant that those teams had quarterbacks who had been with their teams longer.

"Everybody keeps saying I didn't want anything to do with Carson, well, bulls---," Rivera said. "I'm the f---ing guy that pulled out the sheets of paper, looked at the analytics, watched the tape when we were at Indianapolis, OK? And that's what pisses me off, 'cause the young man doesn't deserve to have that all the time."

He then ended the news conference.

Wentz later said he was unaware of the ESPN story, but, he said, he appreciated Rivera's passion.

"Coach Rivera, he's awesome," Wentz said. "I've got a ton of respect for him, playing in this league for a while from afar, and getting to play for him is even better. He speaks his mind and he'll be direct and to the point, and in this business that means a lot. Guys love that about him, and he's going to be straight up and very motivational. Guys respond to him very well. I'm appreciative of him."
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 06:06 PM   #157
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Guess we'll just have to wait for the documentary to find out what really happened over the last 20+ years.

Anyway, if Howell works out, for me it makes up for any other "bad" QB decision RR may have made. It's tough to get the QB position right. Every team and every Head Coach in the NFL would attest to that.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:05 PM   #158
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Washington vs Card Pre Game

Quote:
Yep, and those years Cam played at a Pro Bowl level, they did pretty well. When he didn't or when he was injured, not so much.

So basically Ron needs a pro bowl caliber quarterback to even have a winning record? Over a 12 year span he had one for three years. Those other 9 years he managed just to get to .500 once. There is no way you can cut that where he doesn’t stink.

There certainly have been plenty of coaches who had at least one winning season in 9 years without a pro bowl quarterback. Doesn’t need to be more winning seasons than losing without said quarterback, but just a single one. It isn’t that much to ask.

Last edited by punch it in; 09-08-2023 at 07:28 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 07:46 PM   #159
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So basically Ron needs a pro bowl caliber quarterback to even have a winning record? Over a 12 year span he had one for three years. Those other 9 years he managed just to get to .500 once. There is no way you can cut that where he doesn’t stink.

There certainly have been plenty of coaches who had at least one winning season in 9 years without a pro bowl quarterback. Doesn’t need to be more winning seasons than losing without said quarterback, but just a single one. It isn’t that much to ask.
He was the "best of the worst" that would come here to work under DS and all of the bullshit coming in. Despite what Ron said about how he was brought in to change the culture and all that other shit, he has contributed greatly to the dysfunction and controversy. Some of it might be accidental but lots and probably most of it fell squarely on his shoulders from his own doing.

He had a stable owner in Jerry Richardson at Carolina up until his incident happened, and as others pointed out, in 13 years as a HC, he has had double digit wins three times. He is not all of a sudden going to change his stripes and turn into a world beater. I did not like when he was hired, but he has done the best he could under horrible circumstances and he at least deserves to finish this season and get fired at the end of the season with dignity, and not after they get eliminated from the playoffs. This is probably his last go round as HC. I think his ego / pride is too much to return to the sidelines as a DC...
Old 09-08-2023, 08:34 PM   #160
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
He was the "best of the worst" that would come here to work under DS and all of the bullshit coming in. Despite what Ron said about how he was brought in to change the culture and all that other shit, he has contributed greatly to the dysfunction and controversy. Some of it might be accidental but lots and probably most of it fell squarely on his shoulders from his own doing.

He had a stable owner in Jerry Richardson at Carolina up until his incident happened, and as others pointed out, in 13 years as a HC, he has had double digit wins three times. He is not all of a sudden going to change his stripes and turn into a world beater. I did not like when he was hired, but he has done the best he could under horrible circumstances and he at least deserves to finish this season and get fired at the end of the season with dignity, and not after they get eliminated from the playoffs. This is probably his last go round as HC. I think his ego / pride is too much to return to the sidelines as a DC...

I agree wholeheartedly with your first sentence. I do not think he has an ego or that he contributed to any dysfunction. I think the players like him and i think all in all he is a good dude. I just think he is an awful clock manager, an awful x’s and o’s guy and an awful preparer, and in game adjuster. Basically an awful all around coach. But as far as him as a person I have zero issues with. Id love Ron Rivera the man to be an excellent football coach. He just isn’t.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:27 PM   #161
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...on-legend-game

Interesting, the Dan Snyder effect is transparent now.

Champ, John Riggins, RG3 (no shocker there being the attention whore that he is) are all gonna be at the game on Sunday. Curious to see what other longtime Redskins greats show up.
Old 09-09-2023, 03:56 AM   #162
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Exactly. Short list...
so, I didn't do an exhaustive list. You could say terry bradshaw wasn't exactly great as well. And the raven's had decent records with hot garbage at QB for a while too.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 04:24 AM   #163
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
so, I didn't do an exhaustive list. You could say terry bradshaw wasn't exactly great as well. And the raven's had decent records with hot garbage at QB for a while too.

Ditka.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:13 AM   #164
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Inclement weather is brewing tomorrow around kickoff.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 10:22 AM   #165
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Ditka.
The often forgotten and underrated Chuck Knox.