Advertisements
Old 07-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #152
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So now health insurance will reduce crime and homelessness. LMAO
We don't know, we've never had full coverage for everyone until now. Maybe it will.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #153
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So now health insurance will reduce crime and homelessness. LMAO
great point about Christian values. lotta hypocracy on the right when it comes to that.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #154
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Maybe they just realized it was a bad idea.
No, it's not a bad idea.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #155
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Maybe they just realized it was a bad idea.
The role of a government is to solve problems faced by its people. Sometimes solutions are less than optimal and sometimes they aren't solutions at all. Rarely is it possible to have a perfect solution or do nothing as a solution. Obamacare solves a problem faced by a great deal of Americans and if you have a better idea you are welcome to share it. Saying it's a bad idea and pointing to faults here and there without having an alternative solution to the problem won't cut it.

This is something "conservatives" use to understand when they conceived of Obamacare but now they have to pander to goofy people who refuse to think.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #156
12thMan
MVP

Well said.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #157
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
great point about Christian values. lotta hypocracy on the right when it comes to that.
His points were pretty stupid if you ask me. I see churches helping people all the time out of kindness not being forced to by a federal gov. I guess the left needs to be forced to help the poor by taking money from other people.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #158
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
The role of a government is to solve problems faced by its people. Sometimes solutions are less than optimal and sometimes they aren't solutions at all. Rarely is it possible to have a perfect solution or do nothing as a solution. Obamacare solves a problem faced by a great deal of Americans and if you have a better idea you are welcome to share it. Saying it's a bad idea and pointing to faults here and there without having an alternative solution to the problem won't cut it.

This is something "conservatives" use to understand when they conceived of Obamacare but now they have to pander to goofy people who refuse to think.
That's what the left thinks.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #159
saden1
MVP

Quote:
When did you become a degenerate old man? Or have you yet to realize what you have become?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #160
12thMan
MVP

It's weird that people have this absolutist thinking when it comes to government. It's scary and, frankly, destructive.

We don't throw out capitalism when corporations fail or turn out to be corrupt and inefficient. The same should be true of government. No program or agency is without flaw or room for improvement.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #161
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Unchecked private enterprise took this country to shit during the turn of the 20th century and its well on its way again.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #162
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Unchecked private enterprise took this country to shit during the turn of the 20th century and its well on its way again.

...one thing that help back then and I know I'll get crap for this was Unions,funny how the decline of Unions has brought private enterprise back into the crapper.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #163
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
It's weird that people have this absolutist thinking when it comes to government. It's scary and, frankly, destructive.

We don't throw out capitalism when corporations fail or turn out to be corrupt and inefficient. The same should be true of government. No program or agency is without flaw or room for improvement.
I'm not against goverment I just think we are heading down a road of everyone expecting goverment to solve their problems. It does not work and we see what its leading to across the Atlantic. You say its scary and destructive but I feel what your wanting the goverment to do for you and others is scary and destructive. Why does the left always come up with these plans to fix something they say is broken and force everyone into their programs. If they were so great why force people into them?
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #164
mlmpetert
Playmaker

12th – I always enjoy reading your political posts. Out of all the liberals here i feel like your posts and arguments are normally always based in logic with forward fiscal thinking, and most pleasantly of all, without that traditional liberal condescending tone. Im not saying that this isnt also true with other liberal posters here but some come across as just walking out of a Zeitgeist premiere ready to inflict their views on others….

So with that said would you mind commenting on what you don’t like about Obamacare and the supreme court’s ruling.

Obviously you are in favor of the bill, and im guessing its primarily because of the supposed cost savings of having an entire nation with health insurance. But do you like the expanding nanny state, social justice or redistribution of wealth sides of it? Do you think its good or bad that congress can force us to buy anything by taxing us if we don’t? Do you think giving free health insurance to those who cant afford, an expansion of medicade, is a good idea? Is forcing others to pay for those who cant afford it good only if it means preventive costs are lower in the long run for those footing the bill?

I guess im trying to figure out if youre pro-Obamacare for cost reasons ahead of social reasons or vice versa. Or what simple things would make the bill better in your eyes?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #165
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
12th – I always enjoy reading your political posts. Out of all the liberals here i feel like your posts and arguments are normally always based in logic with forward fiscal thinking, and most pleasantly of all, without that traditional liberal condescending tone. Im not saying that this isnt also true with other liberal posters here but some come across as just walking out of a Zeitgeist premiere ready to inflict their views on others….

So with that said would you mind commenting on what you don’t like about Obamacare and the supreme court’s ruling.

Obviously you are in favor of the bill, and im guessing its primarily because of the supposed cost savings of having an entire nation with health insurance. But do you like the expanding nanny state, social justice or redistribution of wealth sides of it? Do you think its good or bad that congress can force us to buy anything by taxing us if we don’t? Do you think giving free health insurance to those who cant afford, an expansion of medicade, is a good idea? Is forcing others to pay for those who cant afford it good only if it means preventive costs are lower in the long run for those footing the bill?

I guess im trying to figure out if youre pro-Obamacare for cost reasons ahead of social reasons or vice versa. Or what simple things would make the bill better in your eyes?
12th I also agree with this 100%.