Old 01-09-2020, 08:20 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: trump Inpeachment...............

Absolutely the Iranian backed down.

Not only that...back check this out:

Top Iraqi Shia cleric calls for his militias to stand down

From CNN's Mitchell McCluskey and Salma Abdelaziz

Iraq’s leading Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr called for his militias to stand down on Wednesday night, following President Trump’s address in which he urged for de-escalation in the region. “This crisis is over, especially after Trump's speech and the Islamic Republic's speech,” al-Sadr said in a statement posted on Twitter.

On Jan. 3, al-Sadr ordered his previously dismantled militia, the Mehdi Army, to regroup to “protect Iraq” after the death of Qasem Soleimani. In his statement on Wednesday, al-Sadr asked his militias not to take action.

“I call on the Iraqi factions to be patient, not to start military action, and to silence the voice of militancy from some of the disciples until all political, parliamentary and international methods are exhausted,” al-Sadr said.

G1...look the Obama "appeasement strategy" towards Iran didn't work. Iran has been for the last 8 months committing multiple aggressive acts: attack on Saudis, capturing British ship in strait, rocket attacks on base, killing of US contractor....they know they went too far. Trump inserted a Deterrence strategy move...basically a line has been cross, quit it now with an aggressive move. Iran has backed down.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:03 AM   #2
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
G1...look the Obama "appeasement strategy" towards Iran didn't work. Iran has been for the last 8 months committing multiple aggressive acts:

It did work and it was working. Our own intelligence agency said it was working. Even the Republicans that were against it were wary of pulling out of the treaty. You keep saying the past 8 months Iran has been doing X and Y. NO shit sherlock. That's right when President Dumbass pulled out of the treaty. Iran is acting the way they're acting because dickless just wants to undo Obama's legacy. He didn't care the repercussions of it. He just wanted to claim it was a bad deal (much like he did NAFTA) not really knowing shit about it. Hell, in 2015, the idiot didn't even know who that general he killed was.

Starts at the 8min mark.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #3
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
It did work and it was working. Our own intelligence agency said it was working. Even the Republicans that were against it were wary of pulling out of the treaty. You keep saying the past 8 months Iran has been doing X and Y. NO shit sherlock. That's right when President Dumbass pulled out of the treaty. Iran is acting the way they're acting because dickless just wants to undo Obama's legacy. He didn't care the repercussions of it. He just wanted to claim it was a bad deal (much like he did NAFTA) not really knowing shit about it. Hell, in 2015, the idiot didn't even know who that general he killed was.

Starts at the 8min mark.

How was it working when they were still developing a nuke? It is sad how ignorant people are nowadays.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:37 PM   #4
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
How was it working when they were still developing a nuke? It is sad how ignorant people are nowadays.
They weren't. To say they were is a huge lie and bullshit.

https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2019...g-nuclear-deal

Quote:
The IAEA quarterly report on Iran’s nuclear program, released publicly just days after Amano’s statement, contains additional details demonstrating that Iran is abiding by the deal’s terms. It notes that Iran’s stockpile of enriched uranium is below the 300-kilogram cap set by the JCPOA and that Iran has not enriched uranium above the limit of 3.67 percent uranium-235, far below the 90 percent level considered useful for weapons purposes.

The report notes that the agency has had access to “all the sites and locations in Iran which it needed to visit.”

From our own military command:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-str...y-nuclear-deal

Quote:
Iran is abiding by the terms of the historic nuclear agreement reached under President Obama, the head of U.S. Strategic Command said on Wednesday. “The facts are that Iran is operating under the agreements the we signed up for under the [deal],” Gen. John Hyten said at an event at the Hudson Institute

Now, what they were doing is updating their research on ballistic missiles. That isn't part of the nuclear deal though.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 01-10-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
They weren't. To say they were is a huge lie and bullshit.

https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2019...g-nuclear-deal

From our own military command:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-str...y-nuclear-deal

Now, what they were doing is updating their research on ballistic missiles. That isn't part of the nuclear deal though.
I don't think it was a lie. The Iranians have every intention on getting their hands on a nuclear missile. The Iran deal was nothing more than a mirage to give the illusion of a political win for Barack Obama. What sad is that leftists in this country will believe anything that comes out of the left no matter how irrational it might be. This is the problem I have with the Iran deal. First, the UN has to give Iran 23 day notice before they can perform a "random" inspection. That's like telling someone who's suspected of dealing drugs you're going to give them a few days notice before getting a search warrant. Would that make any sense to you? Second, the UN is not even allowed to inspect all of Iran's nuclear facilities. How in the hell does that make sense? On top of that Barack Obama gives them 150 billion dollars? What is so bad is that even after the deal Iran is still funding terrorist and waging proxy wars all across the Middle East. Not only that they have been firing at US ships throughout the Obama presidency. The deal hasn't stopped them from doing any of these things what's to stop them from developing a nuke immediately after the Iran deal expires? Donald Trump wants real random expectations, he wants access to all of their facilities, and he wants a permanent deal. I totally agree with him on that..
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:57 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

NC, go back to my original post where twice out of a timeline I pointed out issues of ballistic missiles which were in violation of un res and the discovery Iran was researching for the development of advanced centrifuges technology which would allow for them to enrich faster in to build a nuclear weapon once the provisions this short term deal was over.

The Iranians were only out of compliance a couple times in the agreement which they quickly came back within guidelines of holding heavy water and other things...so yes, from the perimeters of the deal, Iran was abiding by it.

That's not the argument...the argument is the deal was bad, the cash we gave them combined with sanctions lifted was used to by arms, develop there military and then used to fund violent proxy wars in Yemen, Isreal, and Saudi Arabia. Also the Sunset clauses in research and development put Iran in position to restart their Nuclear plan in the future.

It just wasn't tough enough and like Ive said, its been proven since the deal has been in place. Iran has ramped up the violence in the region.

Please don't act like Iran is some good actor in the Middle East, they are not. The deal allowed them to become more violent and even expand operations.

We disagree on how things should be and have been handled in the past..i get it.

He Gets Us
Old 01-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #7
Schneed10
A Dude

This needs to be understood: the difference between what the Iranian government forces their people to say and do vs how those citizens actually feel. Everyone in this thread who is commenting needs to understand this as fundamental context, or you really can't form an educated opinion that passes as relevant or worth discussing.

Old 01-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #8
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
This needs to be understood: the difference between what the Iranian government forces their people to say and do vs how those citizens actually feel. Everyone in this thread who is commenting needs to understand this as fundamental context, or you really can't form an educated opinion that passes as relevant or worth discussing.

Every person I know that is Iranian has similar view points I think Mooby had posted a few pages back about the disconnect between the state of Iran and the people in terms of what each wants. It is important to know and understand the ramifications of our actions on actual people.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

yes...this made the rounds on social media the other day. Its worth watching.

He Gets Us
Old 01-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #10
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

The fact you're posting the same shit my Trumpster mom is is terrifying. Why you say? Because she gets her news from Facebook.

Now, onto the video. I just want to know who in the fuck is glorifying Soleimani? Nobody has besides about 50% of Iran's people and some of their proxies. Outside of that, the rest of the world thinks the guy is a shithead who got what he deserved. Questioning the repercussions of an execution isn't glorifying him.

The people it should hit home to are the morons spouting LOOK THEY ARE SHOUTING DEATH TO AMERICA! LETS BOMB THEM!!

Last edited by NC_Skins; 01-10-2020 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #11
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-...ke-11578619195

Quote:
"Mr. Trump, after the strike, told associates he was under pressure to deal with Gen. Soleimani from GOP senators he views as important supporters in his coming impeachment trial in the Senate, associates said"
This isn't good at all.

You have an administration that continues to lie daily, and continues to be incompetent on the most important matters. These idiots really are winging it when it comes to foreign policy. They have no plan whatsoever.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:06 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-...ke-11578619195

This isn't good at all.

You have an administration that continues to lie daily, and continues to be incompetent on the most important matters. These idiots really are winging it when it comes to foreign policy. They have no plan whatsoever.
The great puppet master Trump.

He Gets Us
Old 01-10-2020, 08:38 PM   #13
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The great puppet master Trump.
BS, that makes you one of his.................

Old 01-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #14
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

A 23 day warning is a one second warning with radioactive half-life there is zilch they could do to cover up which is why they got busted in one of the inspections. You can’t hide radioactive decay in the tens of thousands to millions of years on the half-life.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:01 PM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Who, what, where, when, why, was anyone protesting the death of Soleimani on the grounds of his innocence, aside from Soleimani supporters?

Because I have yet to see any Democrat say Soleimani didn't deserve to die because he was innocent. It's the timing of the act. It's the complete lack of evidence the Trump administration presented to Congress regarding the "imminent" terrorist attacks he was plotting. It's the fact that Trump is trying to distract from his impeachment proceedings, and it's totally working because everybody completely forgot about that shit as soon as he started escalating shit with Iran. It's the fact that Iran was abiding by terms of the treaty (by the word of our military, intelligence community, and the international inspectors) and Trump still decided to back out anyways, and then raise sanctions on Iran, forcing their response, and then escalating it yet again by killing a high-ranking leader. Literally one man was this close to finding a way past all the god damn safeguards our constitutional founders wrote to make sure a president needed the approval of Congress to go to war with someone.

The only conclusion I can make is that Soleimani would still be alive today if he had some dirt on Biden to offer Trump. In fact, Trump would probably be singing his praises given his wide admiration for other despots.