Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

North Carolina passes same-sex marriage ban

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #151
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Re: North Carolina passes same-sex marriage ban

Dan Savage Calls GOProud ‘House Faggots’ After Mitt Romney Endorsement | TheBlaze.com

Advertisements
Old 07-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #152
mlmpetert
Playmaker

UPDATE: Chick-fil-A Responds to Criticism Over Gay Marriage Opposition | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

I dont agree with Chic Fil a's views but im thinking this will have an overall benefit on business. If they were public i would be buying some futures. I got to think that this rallies just as many as it alienates, and perhaps ralies many more.

Coincedently I had some chicken minies this morning and they were awesome as usual. I may even get a chicken strips spicy dressing salad for dinner tonight, just because i cant stop thinking about how good it is now.

NCSkins are you boycotting Chic Fil a over this?
Old 07-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #153
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
UPDATE: Chick-fil-A Responds to Criticism Over Gay Marriage Opposition | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

I dont agree with Chic Fil a's views but im thinking this will have an overall benefit on business. If they were public i would be buying some futures. I got to think that this rallies just as many as it alienates, and perhaps ralies many more.

Coincedently I had some chicken minies this morning and they were awesome as usual. I may even get a chicken strips spicy dressing salad for dinner tonight, just because i cant stop thinking about how good it is now.

I am ,explain to me why Gays don't have rights?We'll take your money but your'e going straight to hell!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #154
MTK
\m/

I don't have any in my area, but if I did I'd sure as hell boycott them.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #155
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I am ,explain to me why Gays don't have rights?We'll take your money but your'e going straight to hell!
Someone has to go to hell, better the gays than good Christian folks....if enough people believe this to be true then it must be true.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #156
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Someone has to go to hell, better the gays than good Christian folks....if enough people believe this to be true then it must be true.

Im not a Christian or anything, but i dont beleive anyone has to go to hell in their religion. I feel a big part of the faith is that everyone can go to heaven if you live accordingly. Theres no assumed balance or ratio or anything.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #157
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I dont think Chic fil a said anything about H E double hocky sticks, but just that they support traditional marriage, invented the chicken sandwich (i guess with goverment's help), and make unbelievable milk shakes.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #158
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Even though I dont agree with Chic Fil a, I think they have their right to their opinion and dont have a problem with them expressing it. Funny, Oreo came out with their ad in support of gay rights, which I support, and watching the backlash was horrific. I think both these companies have the right to express views and find the hyprocracy in this country once again sickening. You have a choice people, dont buy it. I have didnt have a problem with what Oreo did and dont have a problem with this...Chick Fila chicken sandwiches go great with Oreo cookies as a desert.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #159
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Chick Fila chicken sandwiches go great with Oreo cookies as a desert.

Maybe a Oreo shake!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #160
mlmpetert
Playmaker

For those who havent had CFA before i got to say im so impressed every time. I hadnt tried their food until about 2 years ago and was blown away by how good it was. I always thought why in the world would i want to go to a new fast food place that doesnt have anything but chicken and not even fried chicken (like the KFC style). Then i tried it and was holy shit this is really good.

If you havent gone before i would suggest their chicken nuggets or chicken strips. I normally only get their chicken strips salad with spicy dressing, ocasionally their nuggets or classic chicken sandwhich. Also NOTHING is better than their Chic Fil A sauce. Nothing. Its delicious and goes with everything.

Also has anyone tried McDonald's Chicken McBites? Totally weak.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #161
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
This is very dificult topic/issue:

Study finds host of challenges for kids of gay parents | Fox News

But I think the author summed it up perfectly and basically states exactly how i feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
From what I read Fox had nothing to do with the survey they just reported the finding after they were published. The survey Fox used was current with thousands of people and the one you posted is much older and done with only 500 people.

Quote:
I think you need to overcome your biases.

And that is just what the Fox News opinion piece was about, impartialness in research and reporting. Its wasnt a summary of a study, like WebMD reported 6 years ago. It was about the ethical delima of researching, studying and reporting on uncommfortable and politically incorrect topics when relating to the well-being of our childern. Im not sure if you read it but the tune of his piece can be captured with this paragraph:

Look, I think The Gays (quoting gawker) are great. I really do. I think they are entitled to the exact same things as the non gays. But I think discretion should always be used to enforce the well being of a child who the state has taken control over. I hope one day everyone loves each other, theres peace in the Middle East, both gays and nongays cant get married and everything else that will make this world perfect, but in the meantime i think we should be realistic and use discretion.

Research shouldnt be silienced if it conflicts with political correctness. If Fair and Balanced actually means being fair and balanced than Fox News is by far the leader in presenting voices from all sides. If watching Fox News means a commitment to practice impartialality then count me in! Being open minded is a 2 way street.

Don't think for a moment I forgot about you two.

In regards to that bogus survey and research that was done, let me address this.

Gay Parents Study Suggesting Downside For Kids Draws Fire From Social Scientists

Quote:
But other scientists say the research is deeply flawed, and does not measure the effect of same-sex parenting at all. The study defined same-sex parenting by asking participants if their parents had ever had same-sex relationships, and whether they had lived with the parent at that time. That led to a "hodgepodge" group of people who Regnerus then compared with kids in stable, married homes, said Judith Stacey, a sociologist at New York University who was not involved in the research.

"He doesn't have an actual category of gay parents in the project that you can isolate and say the most important thing in this kid's childhood is that they were raised by gay parents," Stacey told LiveScience. "These are kids whose parents, maybe they divorced, maybe they separated, maybe they had a scandalous affair, we just don't know.

Not enough? Let's move to this. Let's let this title sink in.

Controversial UT study found inaccurate by publisher

Controversial UT study found inaccurate by publisher | The Daily Texan

Quote:
Social Science Research, the sociology journal who published Regnerus’ study, conducted the audit and found the peer-review process used to evaluate the study failed to identify “significant, disqualifying problems” with the study and highlights conflicts of interest between the study’s peer-reviewers, according to audit documents obtained by The Chronicle of Higher Education. James Wright, Social Science Journal editor, said he ordered the inquiry into the study to protect the journal’s credibility due to skepticism from academic professionals about the study’s validity.

“These are professionals in the field, people I know and respect,” Wright said in an interview with The Daily Texan. “It became obvious that to protect the credibility of myself and the journal, rather than me trying to answer these questions, I should simply ask somebody other then me to undertake an audit and issue a report.”
TAKE THAT BEMBRIDGE SCHOLARS!

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 07-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #162
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Conclusion. The bigots and fundies can continue their bogus research to propagate fallacies in regards to the LBGT community, but it doesn't make it accurate nor acceptable. Not to mention that his funding came from a conservative organization. Puts things into perspective. This clown should never be allowed to publish anything ever again. Period.

Edit: here is additional info on Mark Regnerus bogus "study".

From one of the comments on that article:

Quote:

I have been one of Dr. Regnerus' stiffest critics as I have been following this since Sunday June 10th the day before it became publicly available for free on line on Monday June 11th.

He e-mailed me that he didn't find but two respondents who said that they had been raised by mommy+mommy for 18 years. I believe I was the first and last member of the public Dr. Regnerus corresponded with via e-mail.
http://www.boxturtlebulletin.c...

One item in this article interest me and that is this quote,

"Wright said the audit will be published in the November issue of Social Science Research and expects to receive updated information on the study from Regnerus in response to recent criticism.

“He has done some re-analysis based on some of the various criticisms of how he handled the data on the first go around,” Wright said."

IF Dr. Regnerus collaborates with qualified Social Scientists with expertise in sexual minority research on his second go around I will be satisfied. What I want is for the first paper to be deleted and replaced by a second paper. I want that first paper GONE!

He has to scrub his data and get rid off all the records where the people answered that their mother was 80 years old when they were born, and that they had 22 abortions, and that they weigh under 80lbs, and other really weird answers.

He has to use a population of sexual minorities that match the 2010 census. What he did was overload the recordset with Sexual Minorities who are African American and Hispanic. The overloading of Hispanic Lesbians is particularity damaging because Hispanic Lesbians receive public assistance at 3 times the rate of other lesbains.

If he collaborates with a social science researcher that has expertise in sexual minority research, if he scrubs his data, if he has a survey population that matches the 2010 Census in race and ethnicity, and he retracts his GOLD STANDARD mommy+daddy comments, I will have no further issues with Dr. Regnerus.

Look in this Culture War we are not going to let you win by lying. If either side is going to win, it has to be a win based on the truth. That is all I have ever expected from Dr. Regnerus, the truth. And as a Professor at the University of Texas Austin that is what I expect from him, the truth. As long as he makes scientifically valid statements and conclusions based on research data, I have no problems.
So, are we done with this false mythology about gay parenting?
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 07-28-2012 at 01:14 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #163
mlmpetert
Playmaker

My brother was in town and the whole CFA thing came up. I completely forgot but my brother used to work there. It was a combo CFA and Pizza Hut in Virginia Tech when he went to school there. He said that he has never had Pizza Hut since working there and seeing first hand what went into pizzas, but continues to eat CFA because how well made the stuff was.

Nothing you order from CFA (not sure about fries though?) is older then 5 minutes. Everything has a timer put on it and if hits the 5 minute mark it goes in the trash. Fresh chicken is hand cut every day. Quality is the most important thing there.

Also i thought this was neat. My brother used to be an electrical engineer and his company was contracted to design some stuff for a CFA building. Written into the contract was that none of the engineering work can be done on Sundays. I think CFA employees get paid higher than most of ther fast food places. Its not open on those pesky Christian Holidays.

Again i never had CHA until about 2 years ago. If you havent had it before i would highly suggest giving it a shot. REALLY GOOD.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #164
firstdown
Living Legend

I'm not against gay parenting but for people to say they don't have additional challenges just goes beyond logic.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #165
firstdown
Living Legend

firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote