Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

So... The Government is Shut Down...

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #151
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: So... The Government is Shut Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ted Cruz’s Hometown Newspaper Regrets Endorsement - ABC News

Bye Ted Cruz, you failed and loss a ton of support. You probably found a home on the Palin speaking circuit for nuts.
Nothing like dumb F^%ks that say one thing then another when they feel its in their best interest. This is from your attachment

"“When we endorsed Ted Cruz in last November’s general election, we did so with many reservations and at least one specific recommendation"

Really, so you had resevations but you endorsed him anyways. Looks like that clip I have of Obama saying how bad extending the debt ceiling is one year and now is all for it. GROW BALLS and actually stand for something.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #152
dmek25
MVP

Anatomy of the GOP's epic, historic failure | Jay Bookman | www.ajc.com

maybe those wacko republicans can read
Old 10-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #153
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post

But for the moment at least, the larger constitutional issue has been decided: Those who threaten damage to the country in order to augment their own power will not be rewarded for such threats. When the history of the Obama presidency is written, the events of the last few weeks will constitute a major chapter.

I guess he wrote the same thing when Obama voted against extending the debt limit. Funny how that has been lost in all of this and the speach that he gave which I posted hear but the left seems to ignore. In 2006 it was un American by his standards but I guess 7 yrs later its the American thing to do. Lets keep kicking the can down the road.

Last edited by firstdown; 10-16-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #154
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I thought this was interesting and telling .

NBC/WSJ poll: Shutdown debate damages GOP - First Read

And one year until next fall’s midterm elections, American voters prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress to a Republican-controlled one by eight percentage points (47 percent to 39 percent), up from the Democrats’ three-point advantage last month (46 percent to 43 percent).
What’s more, Obama’s political standing has remained relatively stable since the shutdown, with his approval rating ticking up two points since last month, and with the Democratic Party’s favorability rating declining just three points (from 42 percent to 39 percent).
Old 10-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #155
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I thought this was interesting and telling .

NBC/WSJ poll: Shutdown debate damages GOP - First Read

And one year until next fall’s midterm elections, American voters prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress to a Republican-controlled one by eight percentage points (47 percent to 39 percent), up from the Democrats’ three-point advantage last month (46 percent to 43 percent).
What’s more, Obama’s political standing has remained relatively stable since the shutdown, with his approval rating ticking up two points since last month, and with the Democratic Party’s favorability rating declining just three points (from 42 percent to 39 percent).
NBC LMAO

44% voted for Obama
35% voted for Mitt
6% voted for someone else
5% Not sure WTF. Don't know who they voted for? Good guess is Obama.
10% Did not vote.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #156
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Either side your on, this was another embarrassment to our government. This crap needs to change. If there was every a chance to get a third party going.....

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #157
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Obama defeats the Republican Party in shutdown showdown - CBS News

President Obama said he wouldn't negotiate with Republicans over raising the debt limit and funding the government, and he never really needed to pick up the phone. The deal that passed both houses of Congress Wednesday achieves both goals, with minuscule concessions from the president's side. In the crude analogy of two cars playing chicken, the president's opponents pulled over. After 16 days of a government shutdown, the Republican Party has achieved its lowest approval ratings in recorded history, the president's health care plan is unscathed, and the GOP's civil war still roars. Proof was on the cable television split-screens. As Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell was announcing the bipartisan deal that ended the standoff, Sen. Ted Cruz was holding his own press conference denouncing the Senate establishment that had caved.

.......and unless these idiots learned from this (I doubt it) this will happen again in Jan .
Old 10-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #158
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Either side your on, this was another embarrassment to our government. This crap needs to change. If there was every a chance to get a third party going.....
Yes sir. The rest of the world has been laughing at us for our political dysfunction. The two-party system is broken.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #159
MTK
\m/

Good job Republicans. That sure was productive wasn't it?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #160
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

House Stenographer Dragged Off Floor Yelling About Freemasons And God

Speaking of wackos. This person has gone off the deep end. I guess being around all those morons would drive anybody crazy.

These are the type of morons voting for the Tea Party.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #161
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Like it or not we had a group trying to form a party and the left media attacked them from all sides. Maybe the Tea Party is not your cup of tea but we need more people like them that want to change the country.

What is more embarrassing then the shut down is the lack of people who care we are 17 trillion in debt. We spend 20% more then we take in but only a few people seem to care.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #162
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Maybe the Tea Party is not your cup of tea but we need more people like them that want to change the country.

The only thing they want to change is ship off all minorities, allow all types of guns, end all government, give more tax breaks, make laws based on their religion.

No...we don't need dumbasses like this changing our country.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #163
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Like it or not we had a group trying to form a party and the left media attacked them from all sides. Maybe the Tea Party is not your cup of tea but we need more people like them that want to change the country.

What is more embarrassing then the shut down is the lack of people who care we are 17 trillion in debt. We spend 20% more then we take in but only a few people seem to care.
yeah kinda get that, but the problem is they call themselves patriots but say anti american things. you cant hate muslims, immigrants and other races and call yourself patriots...being an american is about embracing all people of all different backgrounds. I cant take people like that seriously, the guy the other day told Obama to put the Quaran down. I have 2 problems with that statement, 1) Obama is not a muslim 2) What if he was? Freedom of Religion is an ideal that should be embraced by the tea party, yet they seem to hate muslims? Im lost on why?

One thing I really like is their stance on the term limits, Im a big fan of that idea.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #164
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

I care about the debt but a pointless shutdown of the government which costs the country $1.5 billion is not a fix.

The debt should be a concern for both parties because both parties are at fault. Some of the debt happened under Obama. Some of it happened as a result of the crash of the Bush economy. Some of it happened because Bush charged things like the Iraq war to our Chinese credit card. Everyone is to blame and everyone should be concerned.
We won more with Vinny
Old 10-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #165
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

We won more with Vinny