Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-23-2020, 02:01 AM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

When is Enough ,Enough?

Obama is the one who lifted the ban on crude exports in 2015. So alot like the economy Trump is there for all the hip hip hoorays. Lol. Im too tired to fact check the rest of this now. See you tomorrow lol
As for the first paragraph trust me when i say it wasn’t the left that started the damn name calling. Suddenly we all became snowflakes because we weren’t Trump supporters.
Ok one more....

http://www.internationalaffairs.org....nce-of-the-us/
Isis is not out of play

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...f-endless-wars

Last edited by punch it in; 02-23-2020 at 02:26 AM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:36 AM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

It's an Opinion piece but it 's right on the money.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-da...100014486.html

Trump justice: He's using his office to reward friends, punish enemies and tarnish America

I was concerned when the punchline “Donald Trump” came to be preceded by the title “president.” But my beloved DOJ was filled with career prosecutors whose dedication and integrity would keep the ship on course — even if the storm lasted four years.

I was confident that the traditions that made the Justice Department the most respected law enforcement organization in the world would surely allow it to weather any attorney general Trump could install.

But Trump has commandeered the department and sent a clear message: “Investigate me or people close to me and I will undercut years of your hard work, trash your reputation on Twitter, and create a Hobson’s choice between your integrity and your ability to earn a living. And if you pick the former, I will issue a pardon and undo all you worked for anyway

Since Republican senators refused to remove Trump from office, there’s nothing in his path. Trump is certainly getting no push back from Attorney General William Barr, who has revealed himself to be the second coming of Roy Cohn — Trump’s former personal attorney who was disbarred due to his sleazy legal tactics.

Destructive Trump-Barr alliance

Barr’s first order of business was to release a misleading summary of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report — effectively urinating on what should have been a bonfire that burned Trump’s presidency to the ground. Then, Barr stonewalled congressional efforts to do what an honest reading of Mueller’s report should have done.

Things have only gotten worse since Trump survived his Senate impeachment trial. For a start, Barr has said he must personally approve any investigation into corruption by a presidential candidate or campaign. That’s the DOJ equivalent of a GPS warning: "Red light camera ahead."

But it was mission accomplished for Trump and Barr. On Thursday, Stone was sentenced to 40 months in prison, substantially less than the seven to nine years requested by the Stone prosecutors.

A similar sequence occurred after Trump expressed unhappiness with the prosecution of his former national security adviser, Michael Flynn. Prosecutors who had recommended up to six months in prison later said probation would be appropriate. And Barr has now ordered a “re-investigation” of Flynn’s case, presumably to undermine Flynn’s guilty plea.

Failing institutions: Stone prison term: Will courts hold Trump accountable after Congress, Mueller fall short?

Pardoning the swamp, not draining it
Trump does not always need Barr. When he can manipulate justice alone, he does, as he showed last week when he issued 11 pardons and commutations. Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, convicted of trying to sell Barack Obama’s Senate seat, was immediately released from prison. Trump also pardoned one of Rudy Giuliani’s former business partners, whose family happened to donate $85,000 to a Trump Victory fund and $150,000 to the Republican National Committee.

Every person reading this should be angry that they would still be sitting in prison if they committed the same crimes as the people Trump pardoned. That’s because Trump has created a separate system of justice for his friends, political allies, and wealthy donors. Trump didn’t drain the swamp, he pardoned it.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

i will agree:

Trump has not solved the middle east and there are still potential fires there. Again no other president since 1948 has ever either.

Obama did things, such as start a period of growth, or lift the crude oil ban, which Trump's policies have continued and built upon.

The term snowflake is equivalent to trumpette and namecalling is childish. And Trump uses that childishness aggressively

As for the russian footprint in the middle east, the world will never allow a vacuum. Most of the US, and I think most liberal activists, wanted the US to not get embroiled in any more mideast wars over oil, so there is this mixed goal of getting out of the never ending war cycle and maintaining influence. I will concede that Trump hasn't found the perfect balance of maintaining influence vs extractating US from embroilment, anymore than any other president since 1948.

My point was, and is, that the claim that Trump is destroying the US is overreactive and fueled mostly by innuendo. I did not say we now live in a bubble wrapped world where only unicorns and rainbows exist. We all know that is not the case

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:33 PM   #4
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
i will agree:

Trump has not solved the middle east and there are still potential fires there. Again no other president since 1948 has ever either.

Obama did things, such as start a period of growth, or lift the crude oil ban, which Trump's policies have continued and built upon.

The term snowflake is equivalent to trumpette and namecalling is childish. And Trump uses that childishness aggressively

As for the russian footprint in the middle east, the world will never allow a vacuum. Most of the US, and I think most liberal activists, wanted the US to not get embroiled in any more mideast wars over oil, so there is this mixed goal of getting out of the never ending war cycle and maintaining influence. I will concede that Trump hasn't found the perfect balance of maintaining influence vs extractating US from embroilment, anymore than any other president since 1948.

My point was, and is, that the claim that Trump is destroying the US is overreactive and fueled mostly by innuendo. I did not say we now live in a bubble wrapped world where only unicorns and rainbows exist. We all know that is not the case

When the POTUS doubts the IA’s information and does so publicly it destroys the faith they, and their contacts have in us. When someone doubts, even slightly, our word (trump represents our country) that can be devastating. I think you are underestimating the power of tweets/words of the POTUS can have on our standing in the world.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #5
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
When the POTUS doubts the IA’s information and does so publicly it destroys the faith they, and their contacts have in us. When someone doubts, even slightly, our word (trump represents our country) that can be devastating. I think you are underestimating the power of tweets/words of the POTUS can have on our standing in the world.
It would have been good if someone had questioned our findings of WMD's in Iraq.

It would have been good if someone had questioned our IA's structure of sharing information before 9-11

It would have been good if someone had questioned the running of the FISA court before abuses became a political weapon.

It's hypocritical in fact to claim that you can't doubt our IA's conclusions even slightly, but support a NSA officer who testified against the head of our executive branch about a private conversation, even though he acknowledged it was primarily a policy disagreement.

It's hypocritical and laughable to go woe is us over that the president tweets and their affect at the same time the democrats and media cohorts attack his standing every day and every action.

Our IA aren't James Bond superspies, some may be, mostly they are bureaucrats with a love of country, and all the same passions and fires you and I bring to these discussions. And in this hyper partisan time, brought on since Bush II and exacerbated by Obama, then Trump, by Republicans and Democrats, some in those agencies have let beliefs like those that G1 and you have expressed give them cause to create insurance policies and rigged FISA warrants to tear this president down. You don't think that has an effect on how our adversaries view us?
Old 03-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Our IA aren't James Bond superspies, some may be, mostly they are bureaucrats with a love of country, and all the same passions and fires you and I bring to these discussions. And in this hyper partisan time, brought on since Bush II and exacerbated by Obama, then Trump, by Republicans and Democrats, some in those agencies have let beliefs like those that G1 and you have expressed give them cause to create insurance policies and rigged FISA warrants to tear this president down. You don't think that has an effect on how our adversaries view us?

Seriously some of the biggest bullshit you or chico have ever posted. Trump has affected how our "adversaries view us" .......as sheep the will lie down . Trump sides with Russia , North korea and now the fucking taliban. Our friends and our Adversaries all view us the same way .........as a country lost with a fucking clown as president,......basicly a country without a leader.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #7
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Give this a read

https://outline.com/8Vr37R

Old 02-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #8
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Give this a read

https://outline.com/8Vr37R

Well written and yes, I agree worst case scenarios have not come to fruition. I guess the Dems (and many republicans) apology would be "Thanks for not killing us Donald Trump ... yet". Thats the tone I got.

Iran -- I dont think their response is over ... at all. Iran will almost always be an asymetrical proxy war. I did think things would have escalated more overtly than they did so far. As the writer did acknowledge .. "The calamitous war they envisioned, however, has not come to pass. They were right, though, that there would be devastating consequences. Iran retaliated by firing missiles at a U.S. base in Iraq, leaving at least 109 American troops with traumatic brain injuries. The Iranians mistakenly downed a civilian airliner, killing its 176 passengers, and hostilities between Iran and the U.S. remain dangerously high."

N Korea - we are no closer to a real resolution today then the day Trump took office. And the same could be said for every president ever. Republicans will say at least Trump tried to open up dialogue and it didnt work. Dems will say Trump got played for a photo shoot that benefits Kim greatly for propaganda and they didnt have to give up a single thing.

-------------------

Article asks - should the dems admit that Trump's foreign policy actions have not led to worst case scenarios? I dont know, seems odd. Everyone was thinking and saying the killing of Sol was a dangerous escalation and COULD lead to war w Iran. Because it was a dangerous escalation that could led to war. That it increased the chances a "mistake" could be made. And a mistake was made, Iran shot down a civilian airplane bc they thought it was US.

Should I thank my dog for not getting into the trash or shitting in my house?

Trumps unpredictability I do think has benefits after decades of foreign diplomacy defined as appeasement and de-escalation. But I dont think Trump has accomplished anything with N Korea and if Obama tried that, hannity would have been incensed an American president is giving respectability/acknowldgement to a dictator etc ..

Trump is negotiating with the freaking Taliban and was set to have them come to Camp David? wtf was that? taliban just killed like 8 us troops this month, taliban is killing US troops regularly and we are now negotiating with them. Could you imagine Hannity if Obama was secretly going to have the freaking Taliban come onto US soil at camp david for tea and negotiations?

---------------------

Trumps biggest foreign policy win where his detractors (graham, repubs and dems) may apologize ... is just getting out of the civil war in Syria. I wish we could have helped more but we had to get out of there imo. Let russia, turkey, iran, syria fight it out.

Also China, I do not mind taking on China. Actually, I like it. There was bipartisan support to challenge china for IP stealing, cyber theft and forcing companies who do biz in china to share intelligence. The only diffirence of opinion was how strong or weak to address it. Anything less than strong would not work imo and trump went strong. And Trump didnt have to. he could have avoided dealing w China, not taking a hit to his economy, not having farmers need subsidies .. basically taking on china was bad for his re-election but good for the US.

Phase 1 of the deal does not address any of that (in earnest from what I read, it duplicates what is already on paper in terms of stealing).

trump second term - probably the only thing he would do that I would be happy about is doubling down on china. I think China was slow playing this to see if he wins 2020. If he wins 2020, China may need to make some real concessions .. but any deal with china is just writing on paper, its the enforcement and confirmation that is the hard part to ensure.

----

I think Trump's abrupt foreign policy has been helpful in some ways in some situations ... i think the writer could have found 2 better examples honestly. Irans response has just begun and NK is a dud.

Syria and China are the better examples but one deals w leaving an allie for dead and the other made our economy take a hit so there is lots of room for a reasonable counter argument i suppose.

/ranting
Old 03-03-2020, 09:42 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The fed’s manipulation of the interest rate is horseshit. Let’s be completely honest, the stock market drop is because of the coronavirus is the definition of a black swan event. Fear induce selling based on the sickness has taken place. So as it takes place, indirect supply chain impact will now blunt the economy as a result..that’s just how it’s gonna happen because of where it is hittin the most, middle, industrial China. Nothing we can do about that. Other industries will be hit like travel. But overall we have to let it play out...but the fed sweeping in is a bad call. Don’t prop the market, it was running too hot anyway.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:13 PM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

So what was everyone's take on Schumer's speech

Quote:
"I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price!" Schumer warned. "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."
Old 03-04-2020, 08:05 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Media and libs just look the other way per the usual

He Gets Us
Old 03-04-2020, 08:15 PM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Media and libs just look the other way per the usual
LOL, or the ignorant right wing nuts want blood ,.......like always.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:16 PM   #13
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Good , what's wrong with it?If you're going to fill the SC with political appointees then this is what you're going to get.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:26 PM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Good , what's wrong with it?If you're going to fill the SC with political appointees then this is what you're going to get.
Just wow.

Just to recap, if you are a political appointee threats suddenly come with the job. This is the left folks

He Gets Us
Old 03-04-2020, 08:29 PM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Just wow.

Just to recap, if you are a political appointee threats suddenly come with the job. This is the left folks
Where was your outrage when Moscow mitch held up the SC nominees of Obama??? You're a hypocrite chico.