Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-19-2022, 09:25 AM   #1576
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
By a person appointed by trump that had been an "attorney" for 8 years, never tried a case and was never a judge before being put on the lifetime federal bench.

Justice kagan also never tried a case or was a judge for fairness sake.

Justice Coney barrett also was never a real practicing attorney.

This country is a fucking joke.
https://rollcall.com/2022/03/15/sena...lanes-transit/

The Senate on Tuesday voted 57-40 to overturn a federal requirement that passengers on U.S. airplanes and other modes of public transportation wear masks.

There was bipartisanship agreement in this vote tho

Enjoy seeing options over mandates.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2022, 10:14 AM   #1577
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

The Senate on Tuesday voted 57-40 to overturn a federal requirement that passengers on U.S. airplanes and other modes of public transportation wear masks.

So do the women who thought they had a right to reasonable access to abortion in this country .....

my original post was more a lament of unqualified young people being rushed to lifetime judicial appointments so each party can "stack" the court with loyal political lapdogs.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 03:13 PM   #1578
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If you don't see why a mask on a plane is still probably a good idea, I don't know what to tell you. This stupid drama over putting a piece of cloth on your face during a fucking pandemic will never cease to amaze me. We'll be truly fucked in the future if a more deadly virus hits.
One can argue that wearing a mask on a plane was (long before COVID), is and will always be a good idea. Forcing people to wear masks is a different argument all together and given current conditions a very weak argument at that. I get the impression from some that they would never want the mask mandate lifted and they gnash their teeth whenever a community or government entity lifts those mandates (I'm sure many of the same people griping about the airline mandate being lifted will scream when/if courts throw out Philadelphia's newly reinstated in door masking mandates).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 04:50 PM   #1579
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

JHC chico the mandate was up May 1st anyway. I wonder what that move coast the republicans?
Old 04-19-2022, 07:45 PM   #1580
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
JHC chico the mandate was up May 1st anyway. I wonder what that move coast the republicans?

Do you actually think was a political loser for the GOP??? ......... But upon further reflection I think you may have a point. The longer the mandate had stayed in place the more damage it was doing the Dems.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 08:22 PM   #1581
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think I heard someone say in the video,” this airspace is maga country.”

Shocking,…if true.

He Gets Us
Old 04-19-2022, 08:35 PM   #1582
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Do you actually think was a political loser for the GOP??? ......... But upon further reflection I think you may have a point. The longer the mandate had stayed in place the more damage it was doing the Dems.
I think it was an act of major desperation. The mandate would have been lifted on May 1st. You mean the more lives it was saving but hey trump republican's don't give a shit about American lives ,why be surprised?
Old 04-19-2022, 09:34 PM   #1583
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
I think it was an act of major desperation. The mandate would have been lifted on May 1st. You mean the more lives it was saving but hey trump republican's don't give a shit about American lives ,why be surprised?
As a republican, you must have some complaints about the democratic party, liberal judges, etc. I'd love to hear about a couple of those. You complain ad nauseum about republicans, we're all aware of your absolute disdain for your own party.

Humor me, if you would. I'm sure even some democrats would like to hear some of your complaints about their party. If you're still a republican, you must have some, otherwise why are you still registered as a republican? You are totally allowed to switch parties.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 04-19-2022 at 09:53 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:48 AM   #1584
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
As a republican, you must have some complaints about the democratic party, liberal judges, etc. I'd love to hear about a couple of those. You complain ad nauseum about republicans, we're all aware of your absolute disdain for your own party.

Humor me, if you would. I'm sure even some democrats would like to hear some of your complaints about their party. If you're still a republican, you must have some, otherwise why are you still registered as a republican? You are totally allowed to switch parties.
I do and we have gone through them and this shit before but for now republicans are the party that is actually truing to kill off the democracy we live in. Go back and look through who I said would be a good team of Republican's for 2024 instead of Putin's ass buddy trump.

John Kasich For President 2024,him an Hogan.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:46 AM   #1585
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I have a follow up with my doctor today, I'm pondering whether I should lead with "why do you wear a mask during surgery doc, don't you know the only thing that does is make it harder to breathe? This surgical center is maga territory" Yay or nay?
Old 04-20-2022, 08:25 AM   #1586
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I have a follow up with my doctor today, I'm pondering whether I should lead with "why do you wear a mask during surgery doc, don't you know the only thing that does is make it harder to breathe? This surgical center is maga territory" Yay or nay?
Be careful with that Mooby:

'He had to get stuck twice' after gender ID comments, she posted.

https://greensboro.com/community/roc...f19af98a2.html

He Gets Us
Old 04-20-2022, 08:38 AM   #1587
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Ask the Dr why the masks only seem to trap oxygen and carbon dioxide but not the virus
Old 04-20-2022, 08:55 AM   #1588
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
I hope your appointment goes well!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:55 AM   #1589
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Ask the Dr why the masks only seem to trap oxygen and carbon dioxide but not the virus
Also, is pee stored in balls?

He Gets Us
Old 04-20-2022, 11:34 AM   #1590
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trump-Appointed Judge Deemed ‘Not Qualified’ by Bar Association Voids Mask Mandate on Planes, Other Travel

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-appoint...212748685.html

A Trump-appointed Federal judge in Florida has voided a national mask mandate for airplanes and other transportation. “Wearing a mask cleans nothing,” U.S. District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle wrote in her decision on Monday. “At most, it traps virus droplets. But it neither ‘sanitizes’ the person wearing the mask nor ‘sanitizes’ the conveyance.”

Mizelle, 35, was only eight years out of law school at University of Florida when Trump appointed her to the lifetime position in 2020. The Daily Beast noted at the time that her only trial experience was as an intern, and that she held four clerkships, including one for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. Mizelle was rated “not qualified” by the American Bar Association prior to her appointment, citing her lack of experience.