Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

So, turning the title around, I am curious to everyone on here,

When is enough - enough. I mean in terms of the daily outrage of the cnn's and msnbc's of the world as it relates to the democratic base. At any point does the constant clarion call for investigations that lead to minor successes at best ever wear thin? or does the democratic base feed off them?

The equivalent is true for when Obama was in office and the republican base screamed Benghazi or during the election the chants of Lock Her Up and Fox news' complicity.

Will we as a nation ever move beyond that, or is that where we are now.

The bar is so low that a mere tweet can spark a 24 hour news cycle and the hatred so strong on both sides that a misplaced sneeze can lead to calls of senate hearings or house staged walkouts.

It is both sides, and it is phony to the nth degree, but it is how they work up both bases, knowing nothing will ever come from them...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #2
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

When is enough - enough. I mean in terms of the daily outrage of the cnn's and msnbc's of the world as it relates to the democratic base. At any point does the constant clarion call for investigations that lead to minor successes at best ever wear thin? or does the democratic base feed off them?

The equivalent is true for when Obama was in office and the republican base screamed Benghazi or during the election the chants of Lock Her Up and Fox news' complicity.

The bar is so low that a mere tweet can spark a 24 hour news cycle and the hatred so strong on both sides that a misplaced sneeze can lead to calls of senate hearings or house staged walkouts.

It is both sides, and it is phony to the nth degree, but it is how they work up both bases, knowing nothing will ever come from them...
Perhaps when we stop letting the 20% crazies on the extreme left and right control the narrative.

I think there is like 60% of this country that is normal and moderate but just doesnt have the time or interest in engaging with crazy people. To busy going to work, hanging with family, enjoying the weekend etc.

We should have to decide between moderate candidates like Kasich, Biden, Obama, Paul Ryan, Romney etc ... instead we get to choose between dumb ass Trump or crazy ass Bernie.

Squeeky wheel gets the oil.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:50 PM   #3
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Perhaps when we stop letting the 20% crazies on the extreme left and right control the narrative.

I think there is like 60% of this country that is normal and moderate but just doesnt have the time or interest in engaging with crazy people. To busy going to work, hanging with family, enjoying the weekend etc.

We should have to decide between moderate candidates like Kasich, Biden, Obama, Paul Ryan, Romney etc ... instead we get to choose between dumb ass Trump or crazy ass Bernie.

Pretty great post. Agree all around.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:16 AM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

I think there is like 60% of this country that is normal and moderate but just doesnt have the time or interest in engaging with crazy people.
To busy going to work, hanging with family, enjoying the weekend etc.

The % of crazies keeps growing though, especially now. The 20% use to be like 10% at absolutely most on both sides, not that long ago. I'm pretty conservative, so I might actually qualify as a crazy myself. But I'm only a diehard conservative on fiscal issues. Mainly because I believe the more government we have the worst off we all are. But you're right though, its to the point where its not worth spending too much time on. At the end of the day, my life has not changed much, if at all, when Obama became President, or since Trump has become President. Still have to wake up and put my pants on one leg at a time and go to work. HTTR!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:41 AM   #5
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
At the end of the day, my life has not changed much, if at all, when Obama became President, or since Trump has become President. Still have to wake up and put my pants on one leg at a time and go to work. HTTR!
I first voted for president in 1980 for Ronald Reagan. Not till those last two did any of them effect my life. The threat of Obamacare caused my health insurance to almost quadruple, and Trump's tariffs caused havoc for me trying to source steel and aluminum and I try to buy domestic.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:00 PM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Well at least he isn't making money for his companies while president,.........oh wait ?

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump...001531310.html

Trump’s 29th Trip To Mar-a-Lago Brings Golf Tab To 334 Years Of Presidential Salary
S.V. Date
HuffPostFebruary 14, 2020, 7:15 PM EST
President Donald Trump returned to Mar-a-Lago on Friday evening for the 29th golf-related trip of his presidency to his for-profit Palm Beach, Florida, resort, raising his total taxpayer golf tab to $133.8 million.

That figure translates to 334 years of the presidential salary that Trump and his supporters frequently boast he is not taking.

During Barack Obama’s presidency, Trump frequently claimed he was playing golf too much and at too great an expense to taxpayers.

“I play golf to relax. My company is in great shape. @BarackObama plays golf to escape work while America goes down the drain,” Trump tweeted in December 2011.

“Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf. Worse than Carter,” he wrote three years later.

As he began his own run for the White House, candidate Trump repeatedly promised that golf would never make it onto a President Trump’s schedule. “I love golf, but if I were in the White House, I don’t think I’d ever see Turnberry again. I don’t think I’d ever see Doral again,” he told a rally audience in February 2016, referring to his courses in Scotland and Miami. “I don’t ever think I’d see anything. I just want to stay in the White House and work my ass off.”

Yet after three years in office, Trump has spent two-and-a-half times as many days on a golf course as Obama had done at the same point in his first term. If Trump plays golf both Saturday and Sunday, he will have played 248 times. Obama by his 1,123rd day in office had played 92 times.

President Donald Trump departs from the White House for a weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago on Jan. 31, 2020. (Photo: Sarah Silbiger via Getty Images)
President Donald Trump departs from the White House for a weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago on Jan. 31, 2020. (Photo: Sarah Silbiger via Getty Images)
And because Trump insists on playing at courses he owns, the cost to taxpayers has been nearly four times as high as it was for Obama. More than two-thirds of Trump’s golf outings involve seven-figure trips aboard Air Force One, mainly to Florida and New Jersey, but also to Los Angeles, Ireland and Scotland. Obama, in contrast, played most of his golf on courses at military bases within a short drive of the White House.

What’s more, Trump’s insistence on playing at courses he owns and profits from has put at least a few million taxpayer dollars into Trump’s cash registers in the form of hotel room and restaurant charges for the White House staff and Secret Service agents who accompany him.

The Washington Post found recently that Trump’s business has charged the Secret Service as much as $650 a room per night at Mar-a-Lago ― more than three times the normal rate that federal employees are supposed to spend in South Florida ― and $17,000 a month for a cottage at Trump’s Bedminster, New Jersey, resort. During an early Mar-a-Lago visit, White House employees ran up a $1,006 bar tab, which taxpayers also paid.

How many taxpayer dollars precisely are flowing into Trump’s pocket is not known because the White House refuses to detail how many executive branch employees stay at Trump properties and how much they are being billed. The White House on Friday did not respond to HuffPost’s queries on the matter for this weekend’s trip.

The president is the sole beneficiary of the trust that now owns his family business. He promised during his campaign that he would separate himself from the Trump Organization should he win, but reneged on that pledge even before taking office.

Trump similarly promised he would release his tax returns when he ran for president, but he has refused to do that as well.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:34 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Investigations are useless, I mean Trump is basically saying right now the freedom he has as POTUS should allow him to influence any branch of gov't, even the ones that have historically tried to be partisan-free. And yet even the Republican senators that disagree with that basically say "well I hope he learns his lesson, he needs to stay off Twitter." It's a cop out, and it works. Nothing changes, the earliest opportunity we get to remove him from office is in November. Unless he does some drastic shit like escalate tensions with Iran again, I'm over what he says. I'm trying to tune out until election day.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:25 PM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:

Im sorry man but do not try n make it a both sides are wrong thing. Trump is so much worse than anything this country has ever seen in the WH and it isn’t remotely close. He is a constant threat to our National security. I just hope the damage he is doing is fixable. Im not going to go in circles here bringing up all the things he does or doesn’t do that threaten our democracy because it is an exercise in futility. Just wanna go on record saying he is 100% the problem.
There is a reason this thread exists now, and didn’t 4 years ago. There is a reason that the country is divided like never before. There is a reason most everyone the guy gets around is locked up. There is a reason why suddenly everyone sees everyone else in red or blue. There is a reason why all this crazy bullshit is festering and its name is fuckin Donald Trump. Him and his loud mouth need to take a long fuckin walk far the fuck away.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:48 PM   #9
MTK
\m/

I’ve tuned out. Other than watching the nightly news I don’t pay much attention. When I read the paper I skip most anything political.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2020, 03:56 PM   #10
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I’ve tuned out. Other than watching the nightly news I don’t pay much attention. When I read the paper I skip most anything political.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish I could. The trump presidency is like watching a train wreck in slow motion, you should turn away but you just can't.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:51 AM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Yesterday Mr Corruption Fighter (as if anyone on either side actually believed that bullshit) freed any corrupt mother fucker who either, committed similar crimes, was sympathized with on Fox news, or spoke highly of him. Blagojevich? Are you shitting me? He withheld money from a fucking children’s hospital for a senate seat. He is literally normalizing his own swampy behavior in real time and in plain sight.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:11 PM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yesterday Mr Corruption Fighter (as if anyone on either side actually believed that bullshit) freed any corrupt mother fucker who either, committed similar crimes, was sympathized with on Fox news, or spoke highly of him. Blagojevich? Are you shitting me? He withheld money from a fucking children’s hospital for a senate seat. He is literally normalizing his own swampy behavior in real time and in plain sight.
.......yup, and he is going to keep on doing it ,Roger Stone is next .I bet trump thinks Charles Manson was treated unfairly also!
Old 02-19-2020, 09:50 PM   #13
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Y u so jelly of our prez punch?
Old 02-19-2020, 11:47 PM   #14
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I don't agree with the pardons/commutations, clearly done for 2 reasons
1) lay the groundwork for stone, flynn, and papadopoulos.

2) strategic for re-election. 3 major players in 3 democratic strongholds
Blago saying he is a Trumpocrat strikes into an urban base that is seeing minorities being used as pawns by the leading dem candidates
Dibartelo is a major player in california
Kerik is a nyc guy.
Trump wont win those states but i guarantee he wants desperately to win the popular vote AND electoral college vote for legacy purposes

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:08 AM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I don't agree with the pardons/commutations, clearly done for 2 reasons
1) lay the groundwork for stone, flynn, and papadopoulos.

2) strategic for re-election. 3 major players in 3 democratic strongholds
Blago saying he is a Trumpocrat strikes into an urban base that is seeing minorities being used as pawns by the leading dem candidates
Dibartelo is a major player in california
Kerik is a nyc guy.
Trump wont win those states but i guarantee he wants desperately to win the popular vote AND electoral college vote for legacy purposes

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
........................he is a lying ass hack impeached clown, that is his "legacy".