Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 11-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #1531
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

my boss went and saw Skyfall and said it was just ok.I was,"what? everybodys saying how good it is" So me & the wife saw it sat nite,and I gotta say I (and my wife}agree with my boss,thought it was just so so.
Spoiler alert highlight to read
Thought the ending would have been much better if M would have shot herself and the bad guy at the same time like he asked

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #1532
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

The Hobbit was great. It started a bit slow, but I absolutely can't wait until next December. Also any fans of Star Trek planning to see The Hobbit need to see this on IMAX. The 9 minute preview provided was epic.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:39 AM   #1533
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Also two new trailers released for two awesome looking movies for next year:

Last edited by skinsfanthru&thru; 12-14-2012 at 03:47 AM.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #1534
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's the best trailer I've seen in years
This is a little old, but it's still my favorite trailer ever:
Old 12-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #1535
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
The Hobbit was great. It started a bit slow, but I absolutely can't wait until next December. Also any fans of Star Trek planning to see The Hobbit need to see this on IMAX. The 9 minute preview provided was epic.
Did you notice anything jarring with the image quality? Every review I've read points out that the hyper real looking 48 fps gives it a "stage" feel. They mentioned that you could really see the costumes and makeup... I'm a huge Tolkien fan so I'm holding out hope.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #1536
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Did you notice anything jarring with the image quality? Every review I've read points out that the hyper real looking 48 fps gives it a "stage" feel. They mentioned that you could really see the costumes and makeup... I'm a huge Tolkien fan so I'm holding out hope.
NOTES:
1) Peter Jackson shot the film in 3D HFR (48 frames per second)
2) You cannot see the film in 2D HFR.
3) The film was NOT shot in IMAX.

1) “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” – This is the old-fashioned 2D experience at 24 frames per second. A normal film is shot and projected in 24 frames per second. Peter Jackson shot “The Hobbit” in 48 frames per second but you can still see the film in 24 frames. Though that 24 frames version is a blended version of the 48 frames per second, which may be more on the blurry side. Evening ticket price – $12 (Tyson’s Corner)
2) “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – A 3D EXPERIENCE” – This is the 24 Frames Per Second of the film but shown in 3D. Evening ticket price at AMC Tyson’s Corner = $16
3) “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – AN IMAX EXPERIENCE” – According to Fandango, this does not open until December 21st and when I search for the DC are zip, the Air Bus IMAX theatre in Chantilly comes up. In Northern Virginia, that is the only TRUE IMAX theater because they use a 70mm projector versus the digital projectors used at all other theatres. Some people would say the other theatres are using a “fake” IMAX since the screens are NOWHERE near as big as your standard 70mm theatres. The Chantilly Air Bus theatre is six stories tall! There is no reason to see the film in this experience because it was not shot in IMAX.
4) “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – An IMAX 3D Experience” – This is the 24 Frames Per Second version in 3D and IMAX. Peter Jackson did NOT shoot the film in IMAX but the theaters are digitally enhancing it so it’s on a bigger screen and louder speaker system. Evening ticket price: $17 (AMC LOEWS RIO CINEMA 18)
5) “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – HFR 3D” – This is the 48 Frames Per second 3D version of the film. This is the way Peter Jackson SHOT the film and intended it to be seen. I’ve seen it in this way two times and it’s MIND-BLOWINGLY amazing. This is the way Peter Jackson shot the film and the way it’s intended to be seen. Evening ticket price – $15 (AMC Loews Rio Cinema 18)
6) “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – HFR IMAX 3D” – This is the 48 Frames Per Second 3D IMAX Version of the film. The film was NOT shot in IMAX but the IMAX screens are bigger and much louder. The major plus of this version is that you get a nine minute prologue (first nine minutes) of J.J. Abrams’ “Star Trek Into The Darkness”. Evening ticket price – $18 (AMC Tyson’s Corner) – This is essentially the same as number five but projected in fake digital IMAX.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #1537
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

mred- are those your notes? What did you think of the movie? Haven't read a really positive review yet.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #1538
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
mred- are those your notes? What did you think of the movie? Haven't read a really positive review yet.

Oh no they are Kevin McCarthy's from the junkies I thought it was in there saying his name. Guess not.

I like to see it the 48 per sec film suppose to be like watching real life.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #1539
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah my theater was just the 24 fps version, I think the 48 fps is only playing in a very select number of theaters but would like to see it as it was filmed.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #1540
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

The Hobbit was exceptionally good.

New trailer for Star Trek: Into Darkness

Star Trek Into Darkness - Movie Trailers - iTunes

(one listed at teaser)
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #1541
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Saw the Hobbit. Entertaining. Not as good as the LOTRs, but still good and worth seeing.

The thing I hate about the hobbit was the characters and the kiddyness compared to the more adulty LOTR.

But the thing I dislike about the whole series is the length (3-3:30 hours) and the large amounts of characters they expect you to remember (along with all the stories and backgrounds around characters)
Old 12-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #1542
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Tomorrow can't get here soon enough.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #1543
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Just watched Oldboy. Wow. There really isn't any words I can say that can give this movie justice. I'm at a loss for words here. And it's not even in a good or bad way. I just don't know. Mind****ed, to be sure. Not mind****ed in an "Inception" sort of way, more of mind****ed in a "wow someone, somewhere, came up with that idea. Gross" sort of way.
I hear they're remaking Oldboy. Coming out next year starring.............. Samuel L Jackson.

There's also Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olson and Michael Imperioli.

But..... Spike Lee is directing it.

This could be great or God awful.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #1544
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I hear they're remaking Oldboy. Coming out next year starring.............. Samuel L Jackson.

There's also Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olson and Michael Imperioli.

But..... Spike Lee is directing it.

This could be great or God awful.
Wait, Sam Jackson is in it? I wonder which role he's playing. At first I was mad they were going to remake it. But then I saw Spike's name attached and became intrigued. He even said the ending would be darker than the original.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #1545
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I really suggest everybody go see Django Unchained. Absolutely brilliant movie by Tarantino.

89% fresh rating so far on RT.

Django Unchained - Rotten Tomatoes
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote