Cooley put on IR

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #136
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Cooley put on IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Several writers have already called Davis a top 5 TE this season. Sometimes, I think you just like to get a rise outta people haha.
I do. lol. Especially the Davis fans. No seriously I go to work for the last few yrs and hear nothing from a coworker but Davis, Davis, Davis..... but Davis doesn't see the field. Davis see's the field and doesn't produce much. Last year Cooley gets hurt and Davis entered the game and looked ok, not outstanding, not better then Cooley but he looked ok. and all I heard was Davis, Davis, Davis.

This year Davis is the starter for the most part and I see more dropped balls out of him then catches. I'm still just amazed at the fans who say trade Cooley. Cooley came out on the radio (I think Fri. morning) and said he spoke with GM Allen about not being able to be with the team, Cooley suggested the team cut him, give him an injury settlement, then rehire him as a coach for the remaining part of this season. Because he knows he can't be with the team but he knows he's valuable to Davis and Paulson on the sideline. He even suggested he'd take a lesser contract because he just wants to stay with the Skins.

On a side note.... my coworker this year was all about Beck, Beck, Beck..... it's sooo irritating. I'm truly sorry to the rest of you if I come off as hating Davis and Beck, but it does have something to do with my coworker simply walking around just saying ... Beck, Beck, Beck..... every time he see's me. :frusty:
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #137
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
the last time cooley went down, davis stayed late, worked harder and produced in his absence. Unless you're really working two TEs into your offense though, it's kind of a waste of money. NE does it pretty well, but with cooley hurt, it's hard to judge how it'd work here.

I guess we shall see soon enough. They played both Davis and Paulson last week and I think Paulson caught a decent pass for a 1st down.

But during the week they picked up D.Byrd who played on the same college team as Davis. Both are pass catching TE's so we might start seeing more of the two TE sets starting to work out.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #138
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I do. lol. Especially the Davis fans. No seriously I go to work for the last few yrs and hear nothing from a coworker but Davis, Davis, Davis..... but Davis doesn't see the field. Davis see's the field and doesn't produce much. Last year Cooley gets hurt and Davis entered the game and looked ok, not outstanding, not better then Cooley but he looked ok. and all I heard was Davis, Davis, Davis.

This year Davis is the starter for the most part and I see more dropped balls out of him then catches. I'm still just amazed at the fans who say trade Cooley. Cooley came out on the radio (I think Fri. morning) and said he spoke with GM Allen about not being able to be with the team, Cooley suggested the team cut him, give him an injury settlement, then rehire him as a coach for the remaining part of this season. Because he knows he can't be with the team but he knows he's valuable to Davis and Paulson on the sideline. He even suggested he'd take a lesser contract because he just wants to stay with the Skins.

On a side note.... my coworker this year was all about Beck, Beck, Beck..... it's sooo irritating. I'm truly sorry to the rest of you if I come off as hating Davis and Beck, but it does have something to do with my coworker simply walking around just saying ... Beck, Beck, Beck..... every time he see's me. :frusty:
STATS Hosted Solution | Leaders - Pass Dropped - NFL - Football
Fred Davis only has two drops on the entire year, not 29 drops. Hell, I don't know if he's even been targeted 57 times.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #139
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
got it, you'll be off crack by then

good luck
Right...... Lol
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #140
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Fred Davis only has two drops on the entire year, not 29 drops. Hell, I don't know if he's even been targeted 57 times.
hatters gonna hatt no matter whatt
Old 10-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #141
MTK
\m/

Quote:

You're clearly under the influence of something while watching the games, or you're simply not watching.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #142
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You're clearly under the influence of something while watching the games, or you're simply not watching.
He is a slave to his own mind.

Von Restorff Effect
Description
We remember things that stand out.

Von Restorff Effect

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #143
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
#1 I don't recall giving any specific number, but having said that I would have guessed he had atleast 2 drops a game, about 2 catches for 1st downs, and atleast 1 or 2 tipped passes for interceptions.

But thats just my drugs..... right Matty?
Old 10-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #144
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
People may have forgotten Cooley was playing FB for a few games. Another reason why he may not have been in on the action as much.
Those Shannahans do the oddest things sometimes I tell ya.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #145
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
Those Shannahans do the oddest things sometimes I tell ya.
Yeah like having a TE (Cooley) playing FB, and a FB (Sellers) playing TE.

Go figure.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #146
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:

But during the week they picked up D.Byrd who played on the same college team as Davis. Both are pass catching TE's so we might start seeing more of the two TE sets starting to work out.
Byrd made some ridiculous catches while he was at SC... interesting seeing Shanny pick up a similar TE to Davis.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #147
MTK
\m/

Quote:
#1 I don't recall giving any specific number, but having said that I would have guessed he had atleast 2 drops a game, about 2 catches for 1st downs, and atleast 1 or 2 tipped passes for interceptions.

You said he has "more drops than catches", well he has 28 catches so I'll let you figure out the rest.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #148
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Catches are a countable stat. Hence, even if not specified, we know there is a discrete number of catches a player has reeled in. You said you have seen more drops than catches from Fred Davis. Hence, you have seen n catches from Fred Davis and n+1 or more drops from Fred Davis. Since Freddy only has two drops on the season, that means you saw only 0 or 1 catch from Freddy all season.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #149
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Nope, didn't know he had 28 catches. but as I said I'd have "guessed" more drops then catches. So.... I guess he has been thrown to 57 times. lol.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #150
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Nope, didn't know he had 28 catches. but as I said I'd have "guessed" more drops then catches. So.... I guess he has been thrown to 57 times. lol.
You didn't care to know. You simply don't like the guy for whatever reason and are a huge Cooley fan boy so you base your judgments off delusional facts you conjure up in your head.

Kinda like the D. Hall fans. :cheeky-sm

Davis > Cooley.........7 days a week and twice on Sundays.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote