Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

The 2012 London Summer Olympics Thread

Other Sports

Old 08-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #136
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: The 2012 London Summer Olympics Thread

It's more of one than some other events like Ping Pong or Curling.

Advertisements
Old 08-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #137
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Wanted to go back and comment on this and add some stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I agree, but then we get Chinese girls who come out and beat a World Record by a full second and her personal-best by a full 5 SECONDS in the Olympics. That does not happen naturally.
No, no it doesn't. Not to mention, China has issues with doping swimmers back in the mid 90's, and already had one 16 year old swimmer expelled this year for doping so the chances of this girl doping is pretty high. Think about this. A 16 year old girl beating the world's top male swimmer in 50m. Yeahhhhh....lol

China's Li Zhesi to miss London Olympics, says official

Which goes back to my thing about sports and doping that I mentioned in the Redskins forum. It's prevalent and it's going to be as long as fame and fortune are rewards for winning. You actually think Usain Bolt is legit?....lol

A article back in 2008 after the Bejing Olympics where they talk about somebody like Phelps doping as compared to Bolt. It breaks down why ALL the swimmers in the 2008 Olympics were breaking records and not just Phelps, and noted that he nearly lost 2 of those races as well. The 100m race last night, Bolt was very slow at the start and still rushed by everybody to blow them away and STILL break a world record. Nobody natural gets off to that slow of a start only to break a WR and demolish the competition.

Usain Bolt Doping? It's Not So Far Fetched. | Olympics

Another article last year where Victor Conte acknowledges that the Jamaicans were in fact using. (but has no proof)

American Doping Expert Victor Conte Claims Usain Bolt & Other Jamaican Athletes Cheated During 2008 Olympics

Quote:
“I believe that before the Balco affair, 80 per cent of athletes were using steroids, today that figure stands at about 65 percent,” Conte said in a hard-hitting interview with La Gazetta dello Sport on Thursday.
All 8 finalists in the 2000 Olympics in the 100m were doping.

Quote:
Conte claims all eight finalists from the Sydney Olympics 100m final in 2000, won by American Maurice Greene ahead of Trinidad’s Ato Boldon and Obadele Thompson of Barbados, were also using banned products.

It's no coincidence the Jamaicans have burst onto the track and field scene, and it's not a big secret either as to their success. They saw what doping it did for the US Track and Field team all those years and followed suit.

In the end, this is why you dope.
How Usain Bolt Earns $20 Million A Year - Yahoo! Finance
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 08-06-2012 at 04:51 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #138
itvnetop
Playmaker

I don't think Bolt's juicing... dude's just a freak of nature. Somebody that tall with that kind of turnover- never seen it before.

The 4x100 is going to be bonkers.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #139
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Why is it when someone does something spectacular, they must be on the juice? If that's the case, why don't they test these people during qualifications?

Sometimes I feel like it's like the Caster Semenya witch hunt. I still feel bad for that woman.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #140
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Why is it when someone does something spectacular, they must be on the juice? If that's the case, why don't they test these people during qualifications?

You people are really naive. I mean big time.

You do realize that Marion Jones has NEVER tested positive for doping right? Just because you can pass a test, doesn't mean you aren't doping. Barry Bonds? Roger Clemens? Lance Armstrong? Never tested positive, but we all know the truth. I know in this fantasy world that we fans live in, it's nice, warm and fuzzy to think that these guys did it solely on hard work, talent and diet, but that shit just isn't the truth. Also, just because they dope doesn't diminish any of the hard work. You can't just take dope and be a world class athlete.

Maurice Green. Never tested positive once, yet here he is involved trying to buy performance enhancing drugs. Also a gold medal winner from the very race that Victor Conte says all of them were using. He should know, he was supplying most of the team with the drugs.

I.A.A.F. Seeks an Explanation From Greene About Drug Allegations - NYTimes.com

Not sure if any of you read the articles I posted, but Victor Conte is the man who made "The Clear" that propelled the USA track and field team to dominance back in the early and mid 2000's. He had clients from all sorts of sports and the reason they went to this man is because he had a undetectable drug. You'll forgive me if I'll believe the man that actually knows a thing or two about PED drugs, who has administered them, and has seen the type of results from them. When he says in that article that every single finalist in the 2000 Olympics was doping, then you can best believe that is probably the truth. When he says that it went from 80% doping to probably about 65% doping after Balco, you can probably bet on it. Just to put into perspective, the guy (Gatlin) who won the bronze yesterday in the 100m was banned for 8 years (reduced to 4) for doping in 2006, yet he still came in 3rd...lol

Also, when there is millions upon millions of dollars on the line, you can rest assure that people are going to do whatever it takes to be the one that collects it. Chances are you would do it, and I would do it as well. Not hating on the guy, but lets call a spade a spade.

Carry on with your fairy tale.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #141
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I feel like in your world NC, everything is sinister or a conspiracy. Nothing is genuine, no one is sincere. Sounds like a very bitter place to be
Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #142
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I feel like in your world NC, everything is sinister or a conspiracy. Nothing is genuine, no one is sincere. Sounds like a very bitter place to be
The world is a sinister place Smoot. One only needs to pick up a newspaper or tune into the news to see that. However, the world is also a inspiring place full of amazing feats of sportsmanship and humanity. Opening your eyes to the truth about humanity and embracing all aspects of it doesn't lead to a bitter world believe it or not, it actually has the opposite affect. It's allowed me to enjoy life considerably more as compared to when I was young and naive myself.

Also, that's not fair to characterize my beliefs that nobody is sincere or genuine. On the contrary, there are many people that fit this description and many of those people are on this very board. More often or not though, money has a way of making good people do bad(or questionable) things. Joe Paterno? Marion Jones? Politicians? .....and the list goes on.

Speaking of inspiring events. Here is a good story to a bad event. Hurdler is carried off by other athletes after he injures himself.

Liu Xiang injured again in Olympic qualifying - Yahoo! Sports

..and more incredible feats!

Perfect union: With boost from husband, U.S. pole vaulter Jenn Suhr takes gold in Olympic upset - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by NC_Skins; 08-07-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #143
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Serena Williams crip walk: You've been served! Champion celebrates Olympic gold at Wimbledon | Mail Online

Should Crip Walking be an Olympic sport?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #144
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post

Sometimes I feel like it's like the Caster Semenya witch hunt. I still feel bad for that woman.
I'm with you it gets pretty old. We all kno Phelps was doping because we sa the bong. This guy must be doping.

firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #145
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I'm with you it gets pretty old. We all kno Phelps was doping because we sa the bong. This guy must be doping.
Nobody ever claimed Phelps was doping. Like usual, you just bypassed it and assumed the articles claimed they were. In fact, it does the opposite and gives you reasons of why people like Phelps are most likely clean. The two main sports were doping is prevalent is cycling and track/field. This is reference to present day, back in the 80's and the cold war era, the Soviets were notorious for sending chemical byproducts to the Olympics in many areas.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #146
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Old 08-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #147
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Old 08-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #148
Monkeydad
Living Legend

One Gigapixel Olympic Photo (scroll to zoom, drag to move):

http://panorama.stirileprotv.ro/daca...a-de-100m.html

More:

http://panorama.stirileprotv.ro/regi...ba-regina.html
Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #149
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Old 08-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #150
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Stephan Feck and the most embarrassing dive of the London Games | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports

lol.