Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

North Carolina passes same-sex marriage ban

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #136
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: North Carolina passes same-sex marriage ban

Which homophobic poster on WP is this?

terrifyingly hilarious Nebraska woman gives the most amazingly bonkers anti-gay rant ever/
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #137
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Every city hall has a crazy person that attends all the meeting and ramble on when they speak.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #138
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

GOP Senate contender Marshall says being gay 'cuts your life by about 20 years' | Richmond Times-Dispatch

I thought at first this is just a headline, taken out of context. Then I read the article and he actually said this in a speech to people that "being gay cuts 20 years off your life". Its amazing people still actually think like this.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #139
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Which homophobic poster on WP is this?

Idiot makes news
Fixed it. I felt that article needed a better headline.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #140
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Fixed it. I felt that article needed a better headline.
Certainly more accurate. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #141
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I'm really surprised this guy hasn't been brought up yet.

North Carolina pastor calls for death of gays, lesbians by trapping them inside electric fenceÂ* - NY Daily News

Another one of his sermons pretty much thinks gays should be hanged like in the old days.

Baptist Pastor Charles Worley sermon gays lesbian viral video - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #142
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

You guys are going to enjoy this gem.

This deserves both the and emoticons.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 05-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #143
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Classic religious bigot.

Anderson Cooper: "I know it's been a difficult topic...."

I think any topic is difficult for that moron, I wonder if she even knew she was talking to a homersexuerl.

Thanks for posting it!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #144
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Court rejects appeal to overturn Proposition 8 ruling—case could head to Supreme Court | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Won't be long for NC to have theirs overturned as well.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #145
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post

You guys are going to enjoy this gem.

This deserves both the and emoticons.
"I mean yes he said that (in regards to putting LGBT behind electric fences until they die out) but of course he would never want that to be done."

Is this lady really hearing herself speak? Apparently having your name preceded by Pastor means you can do no wrong.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #146
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
It wouldn't have taken a computer this long to come to the right verdict.

<sulk>
Old 06-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #147
mlmpetert
Playmaker

This is very dificult topic/issue:

Study finds host of challenges for kids of gay parents | Fox News

But I think the author summed it up perfectly and basically states exactly how i feel.

I have a step brother and sister that are adopted and i feel like if the state becomes involved at any point (foster care) it has to take ownership in the well being of the child. Allowing a gay person or couple to adopt a kid in NYC is different than letting a gay male couple adopt a kid in NC_Skin's town of Greenville, no matter how unfortunate that may be. So i guess im trying to say discretion should be used.

If its a private adoption or international adoption i think the issue is a lot trickier. It becomes a civil rights issue vs a child welfare issue.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #148
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Get this stupid bullshit fox crap out of here. Until WebMD changes their tune, the results shall remain accurate from this.

Study: Same-Sex Parents Raise Well-Adjusted Kids

One associate professor (not even a full fledge professor) claiming the data is insufficient? Yeah, give me a break. It's almost a shame that Faux news goes out of their way for the right wing crew so they can have something to hang their bigotry on.

WebMD > Faux News

All day. Any day.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #149
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Get this stupid bullshit fox crap out of here. Until WebMD changes their tune, the results shall remain accurate from this.

One associate professor (not even a full fledge professor) claiming the data is insufficient? Yeah, give me a break. It's almost a shame that Faux news goes out of their way for the right wing crew so they can have something to hang their bigotry on.

WebMD > Faux News

All day. Any day.
From what I read Fox had nothing to do with the survey they just reported the finding after they were published. The survey Fox used was current with thousands of people and the one you posted is much older and done with only 500 people.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #150
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:

WebMD > Faux News

All day. Any day.
I think you need to overcome your biases.

WebMD and Fox News are in different businesses, any comparison makes for a poor one. And WebMD isnt offering a "tune" (or at least shouldnt be), what you posted was merely a review/sumamry of a study by WebMD. I would hope they offer a review/summary of the study i posted, if not we should question their impartialness as a health news provider.

And that is just what the Fox News opinion piece was about, impartialness in research and reporting. Its wasnt a summary of a study, like WebMD reported 6 years ago. It was about the ethical delima of researching, studying and reporting on uncommfortable and politically incorrect topics when relating to the well-being of our childern. Im not sure if you read it but the tune of his piece can be captured with this paragraph:

Quote:
What we should avoid at all costs is silencing such research and such discussion because it is seen by some as politically incorrect. Where optimizing the well-being of children is involved, no stone should be left unturned.
Thats what i was posting about and thats what the Fox News op-ed writer was writing about.

Let me ask you something personally. In your opinion would a male teen raised by 2 dads in one of the most uneducated, ignorant and bigoted parts of NC, say Greenville*, be subject to more or less adversity than an otherwise similar kid with no gay parents? Same situation but in SoCal?

Look, I think The Gays (quoting gawker) are great. I really do. I think they are entitled to the exact same things as the non gays. But I think discretion should always be used to enforce the well being of a child who the state has taken control over. I hope one day everyone loves each other, theres peace in the Middle East, both gays and nongays cant get married and everything else that will make this world perfect, but in the meantime i think we should be realistic and use discretion.

Research shouldnt be silienced if it conflicts with political correctness. If Fair and Balanced actually means being fair and balanced than Fox News is by far the leader in presenting voices from all sides. If watching Fox News means a commitment to practice impartialality then count me in! Being open minded is a 2 way street.

* Im just teasing you about that Greenville stuff.