Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-19-2022, 12:54 PM   #136
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2022 off season thread part 1

Russell Wilson isn’t coming to Washington. I’d trade 2 ones for him right now but he ain’t coming

Advertisements
Old 01-19-2022, 01:07 PM   #137
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
People who say they wouldn't want Russell Wilson are absolutely insane.
i worry about his overall health and level of play as he keeps getting older with the play style. Arm is still there.. brain is still there.. but at what cost for someone who inevitablely going to decline in maybe 2-3 years? To me he shows up as a win now signing and i have zero confidence in this team Cureently having enough weapons, talent and coaching to win now.

Those are the reasons that hold me back from being hyped if we spent 2 1's on him.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:15 PM   #138
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Does anyone kick the tires on Wentz if Colts move on? That cost is steep and while better than what we have I don't think it gets us winning the division.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:31 PM   #139
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
i worry about his overall health and level of play as he keeps getting older with the play style. Arm is still there.. brain is still there.. but at what cost for someone who inevitablely going to decline in maybe 2-3 years? To me he shows up as a win now signing and i have zero confidence in this team Cureently having enough weapons, talent and coaching to win now.

Those are the reasons that hold me back from being hyped if we spent 2 1's on him.
Wilson is clearly evolving his game, now that he may not be as mobile as he used to be before. What people don't understand is how piss-poor the Seattle offensive line has been in Wilson's time.

And for people that don't think we can win with Russ, let's look at this past season. We had 6 games that we lost by a TD or less. You don't think we win those games with a huge upgrade at QB? That's a 13-4 record right there.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:48 PM   #140
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Russell Wilson should have been our QB instead of RGIII, if we can get him I’m all for it. Just don’t get ripped off.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:57 PM   #141
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Russell Wilson should have been our QB instead of RGIII, if we can get him I’m all for it. Just don’t get ripped off.
I'd rather overpay for a proven winning QB like Russ, than overpaying and getting burned by a Kirk Cousins-type QB.
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-19-2022, 02:01 PM   #142
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Wilson is clearly evolving his game, now that he may not be as mobile as he used to be before. What people don't understand is how piss-poor the Seattle offensive line has been in Wilson's time.

And for people that don't think we can win with Russ, let's look at this past season. We had 6 games that we lost by a TD or less. You don't think we win those games with a huge upgrade at QB? That's a 13-4 record right there.
Valid points as well - just always a risk when the ask is big and also saying hey insert guy a and we'd win 6 games is a nice thought just we'd have to see it believe it
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:36 PM   #143
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Even if we win 3 of those 6, that's 10-7 and playoffs.

He's a difference maker at QB. If there's any possibility at all they would deal him, you have to go all in.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:58 PM   #144
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I’d rather trade picks for Wilson than draft Corral or Pickett at 11. In fact I’d take Malik Willis over any of the other Rookies. Pickett has an average arm, corral is not going to last taking those hits..

Ridder is intriguing but is he accurate enough?

Too many ?s
Old 01-19-2022, 05:07 PM   #145
SunnySide
Playmaker

“I have some concerns about Garoppolo outside of the Kyle Shanahan offense, but Washington has some in-breaking stuff that would be similar,” the exec said. “It wouldn’t be as much of an issue if you can define throws for him.”

I don’t get the sense a return for Garoppolo would be that pricey, either. Some teams believe you shouldn’t have to give up a first-round pick for him because it’s known that San Francisco is probably ready to play Lance, thus hurting its leverage. Plus, his $24 million salary on the last year of his deal must be reworked. But Garoppolo has played well enough to garner at least a strong Day 2 pick.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/espn-pr...105725083.html

Hed be an upgrade over what weve had the past 2 years but Id just assume he gets injured within 4 games and were back to backups.

You are looking at dealing a 2nd or 3rd or a package of picks.

Idk .. off season last year I was fan thinking this D could be special, now this offseason we know that wont be the case.

Optimism is real low ... everything is meh
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:27 PM   #146
rocnrik
Playmaker

The best thing to do is stay at 11 and pick a QB …if there are none left worthy of that pick than pick BPA and it will be a sure fire winner pick !! In a year that is consider a weak QB draft I would hate to be sitting top 3 and need a QB … not one of these guys are worth that so if they get picked a stud drops … stay in place and wait .. unless we get Wilson,Carr I would not trade our first ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:49 PM   #147
jamf
Pro Bowl

Signing a veteran QB comes with a big cap hit.
This is a team with a lot of mediocre talent.
We are much better off trying our luck with a rookie contract and trying to stack as much talent around him as possible.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:32 PM   #148
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Signing a veteran QB comes with a big cap hit.
This is a team with a lot of mediocre talent.
We are much better off trying our luck with a rookie contract and trying to stack as much talent around him as possible.
This doesn't make sense. If we had gone 3-14 I'd agree with you. We were sniffing the playoffs with a mediocre QB, and had some winnable games throughout the season. Trying to rebuild again would be ridiculous.
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-19-2022, 11:39 PM   #149
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
This doesn't make sense. If we had gone 3-14 I'd agree with you. We were sniffing the playoffs with a mediocre QB, and had some winnable games throughout the season. Trying to rebuild again would be ridiculous.
Not to mention next year we aren't playing a schedule loaded with the top teams. Instead we have five games against the bottom of the league. A strong qb would be huge.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:40 AM   #150
AnonEmouse
The Starter

And if we do go after a veteran like Carr or Jimmy G, they'll be on the last year of their contract. Should be relatively easy to renegotiate them (not to mention Jimmy G's contract is only $24m, which isn't that bad).
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote