Marty Hurney Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-23-2021, 03:30 PM   #136
Number44
Special Teams

Re: Marty Hurney Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Stafford is the bomb, but will they trade for him? It’s going to take a RG3 monster-type trade to get him out of Detroit. Giving up two-three first round draft picks and a very good player like Allen of Payne is a huge price for Stafford. Worth it? I think so. But that’s the MINIMUM it will take to get him.

Except for the Cooper attempt, the WFT did not really go for any major players in FA. They went for medium players on 1-year cheap contracts. Some worked out and some did not. It was an OUTSTANDIBG strategy. Now they have to bid and go for the ones who worked out, like Thomas. I even think it’s POSSIBLE that Rivera just bid up Cooper, just so Dallas would overpay for him. It worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just commented in the other thread on your post there with this price for Stafford. I really believe that you are overestimating what it would take to get Stafford by a lot. Out of curiosity, where are you getting the idea that it would cost so much? I'm not seeing that kind of price estimate for Stafford anywhere. If the Lions are saying that's what it would take, I'm pretty sure that Stafford will just stay in Detroit.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-25-2021, 11:02 AM   #137
SunnySide
Playmaker

Reading articles and the Lions fan forum ... expectation is it will take a 1st plus something else. Colts, 9ers are the most talked about likely partners.

Our 1st plus a 3rd or so might do it.

im fine either way. But I would like to know what the Watson demand is so we could compare.

Stafford - 1st and 3rd?
Watson - two 1sts and a 3rd?

I think Watson fits our scheme more than Stafford. Plus age. Plus ability to extend broken plays.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:15 AM   #138
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Reading articles and the Lions fan forum ... expectation is it will take a 1st plus something else. Colts, 9ers are the most talked about likely partners.

im fine either way. But I would like to know what the Watson demand is so we could compare.

Stafford - 1st and 3rd?

I think Watson fits our scheme more than Stafford. Plus age. Plus ability to extend broken plays.
Keim said 19 and Payne or Allen would do it
Old 01-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #139
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

Stafford - 1st and 3rd?

I would totally do this. But I think this will take more ammo to get Watson. I also hope we are considered a target team for Watson, because if he doesn't want to come to our team, we're not getting him.

Aside from the Colts, I think we are probably the 2nd best team option for a QB.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:40 AM   #140
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
For Watson? Id consider that but honestly I havent watched a lot of Watson (or Stafford). but 5k yards on that team this past year is impressive.

no. 19 and payne/allen for Stafford? - thats a no from me. 1st and 3rd is my fan arm chair GM limit.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:41 AM   #141
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I would totally do this. But I think this will take more ammo to get Watson. I also hope we are considered a target team for Watson, because if he doesn't want to come to our team, we're not getting him.

Aside from the Colts, I think we are probably the 2nd best team option for a QB.
Well, he wants to leave his current team because the organization is screwed up and the WFT is the nadir of screwed up organizations, so I doubt we're on his favorites list.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:47 AM   #142
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
No way! That's the equivalent of two #1's, plus we lose a key player. Maybe we'd stretch a little by offering #19, one of our 3rd rounders, and a 4th or 5th round pick next year.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:47 AM   #143
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Well, he wants to leave his current team because the organization is screwed up and the WFT is the nadir of screwed up organizations, so I doubt we're on his favorites list.
Why wouldn't we be on his list?

We have a respected head coach in charge of all football matters.

We have young weapons on offense and could add more through free agency.

We have a near elite defense.

Adding him to the team would put us as an instant favorite to win the division.

People are talking about the Jets and Dolphins as options for Watson, solely based on their ability to provide picks for a trade. But are they any better than us as an organization?
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-25-2021, 11:56 AM   #144
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
For Watson? Id consider that but honestly I havent watched a lot of Watson (or Stafford). but 5k yards on that team this past year is impressive.

no. 19 and payne/allen for Stafford? - thats a no from me. 1st and 3rd is my fan arm chair GM limit.
Payne or Allen.

I hate to do it, but yes our first plus 1 or the other would do it. You need a franchise qb.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:05 PM   #145
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Why wouldn't we be on his list?

We have a respected head coach in charge of all football matters.

We have young weapons on offense and could add more through free agency.

We have a near elite defense.

Adding him to the team would put us as an instant favorite to win the division.

People are talking about the Jets and Dolphins as options for Watson, solely based on their ability to provide picks for a trade. But are they any better than us as an organization?
Two words: Dan Snyder.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:17 PM   #146
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
But the JETS are one of his favourites???? It would hardly be consistent if he rejected WFT for the JETS.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:18 PM   #147
SunnySide
Playmaker

MD income tax is 5.75%
Watsons contract is 156M
156,000,000*.0575 = $8,970,000 million dollars more he would make in 4 years playing for Miami vs Skins.

Watson playing in Texas has personally seen and enjoyed the no income tax state of Texas and wants to go to Miami, also a no income tax state.

(i think whether you pay tax on a game check is based on where the game was played so I dont think all 156M is subject to no income tax but im not 100% sure -- what happens if a player misses a few away games, he still gets paid anyway under what state's tax law? idk)

-----------------

Seahawks, all the florida and texas teams, Vegas raiders, titans to a degree enjoy a big competitive advantage in FA.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:44 PM   #148
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

MD income tax is 5.75%

Watsons contract is 156M

156,000,000*.0575 = $8,970,000 million dollars more he would make in 4 years playing for Miami vs Skins.

Watson playing in Texas has personally seen and enjoyed the no income tax state of Texas and wants to go to Miami, also a no income tax state.

(i think whether you pay tax on a game check is based on where the game was played so I dont think all 156M is subject to no income tax but im not 100% sure -- what happens if a player misses a few away games, he still gets paid anyway under what state's tax law? idk)

-----------------

Seahawks, all the florida and texas teams, Vegas raiders, titans to a degree enjoy a big competitive advantage in FA.
That makes sense but he has said NY as well which is the opposite end of the tax spectrum. Ultimately, we need a guy (Chase or Terry maybe) to pitch him on Rivera and coming to our team, IF the FO wants to invest what it would take to get him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:50 PM   #149
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Watson's beef with his team has to do with the football operations and how basically Bill O'Brien pulled a Josh McDaniels and ran the team into the ground. I doubt Snyder comes into the equation, but even then, having the team run by a respected coach like Rivera should easily overcome this.
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-25-2021, 02:29 PM   #150
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
I'd rather send a 1st and one of our 3rd's.