Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Parking Lot

Old 12-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
JPPT1974
Special Teams

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Any kind of animal becomes like a good family member indeed! Sorry about Sandy!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Going to make a stencil of her paw print then use it to burn a copy into a slice of the cedar tree that we had to cut down from outside his window.
That sounds so much better than a video game. Maybe u could post a pic of it......
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #3
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

My pup...

R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Wow that's serious BS. I hope you got 100% of your money back. Because that's the kind of crap that deserves to be on the 6 oclock news.
I did not pursue my money back, and they are truely a very compassionate place and the same doctor that told me that was soooo sincere and compassionate when he was with me and performing the injections that im going to move on.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
mredskins
Gamebreaker

[QUOTE=punch it in;1050091]I did not pursue my money back, and they are truely a very compassionate place and the same doctor that told me that was soooo sincere and compassionate when he was with me and performing the injections that im going to move on.[/QUOTE

I am fairly positive a commonly cermation you don't get the ashes. I think they did it the right way but someone told you the wrong info.

God bless the people who do that job because it has to take a toll on them.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Tough when you have to make these decisions. The dog we just got was not a rescue animal but I fell we recued it from a bad home. We almost walked away because the seems afraid of people like maybe he had been hit. It will be two week this Saturday that we picked him up and he has really come out of his shell. He is still a little timid but I think giving some time that will go away.
Id say thats as good as a rescue. Good job.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

[QUOTE=mredskins;1050153]
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I did not pursue my money back, and they are truely a very compassionate place and the same doctor that told me that was soooo sincere and compassionate when he was with me and performing the injections that im going to move on.[/QUOTE

I am fairly positive a commonly cermation you don't get the ashes. I think they did it the right way but someone told you the wrong info.

God bless the people who do that job because it has to take a toll on them.
Oh yeah, you absolutely dont. And they absolutely did.
But I agree with you and the work they do. I couldnt do it.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

So my girlfriend went out to get us dinner last night, came back home with a dog-friend. Apparently he was wandering in the street in front of my house. I saw him standing by my car door and she got out of the car completely unafraid. I was nervous because it was a rottweiler and I'm familiar with most of the dogs in my neighborhood and had never see this one before. I figured he had just smelled the food and wouldn't leave her alone. But he followed her right up to the doorstep. She came in and put the food down and he was still standing there. I turned off all the lights outside assuming he would leave... He didn't. He stood there until my gf went back outside and he immediately started covering her in kisses. He was the sweetest dog. He wasn't a stray, as he had on a dog collar, but no tags. We really wanted to take him in but 1) I still live at home and my folks would've freaked out. 2) My gf has a dog and she was already with us at home so we couldn't have 2 dogs, one of them a random dog, romping around my folks house.

We ended up locking him in the front yard (it's gated) and I called animal control to come get him. My girlfriend spent about 2 hours outside on and off, spending time with him and letting him play with her dog.

He's an adorable, sweet rotty, couldn't have been older than a year or two. I'm going to post a found dog listing on craigslist and I hope someone goes to the Humane Society to find him.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
So my girlfriend went out to get us dinner last night, came back home with a dog-friend. Apparently he was wandering in the street in front of my house. I saw him standing by my car door and she got out of the car completely unafraid. I was nervous because it was a rottweiler and I'm familiar with most of the dogs in my neighborhood and had never see this one before. I figured he had just smelled the food and wouldn't leave her alone. But he followed her right up to the doorstep. She came in and put the food down and he was still standing there. I turned off all the lights outside assuming he would leave... He didn't. He stood there until my gf went back outside and he immediately started covering her in kisses. He was the sweetest dog. He wasn't a stray, as he had on a dog collar, but no tags. We really wanted to take him in but 1) I still live at home and my folks would've freaked out. 2) My gf has a dog and she was already with us at home so we couldn't have 2 dogs, one of them a random dog, romping around my folks house.

We ended up locking him in the front yard (it's gated) and I called animal control to come get him. My girlfriend spent about 2 hours outside on and off, spending time with him and letting him play with her dog.

He's an adorable, sweet rotty, couldn't have been older than a year or two. I'm going to post a found dog listing on craigslist and I hope someone goes to the Humane Society to find him.
Dog tags with a phone number and adress- so important. Every pet should have em. Any pet store has em.
Your girlfriend is braver than me! Lol
Hope he is found.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
firstdown
Living Legend

The dog we just got has a chip if the stupid as lady will ever send us the info on the dog chip.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
The dog we just got has a chip if the stupid as lady will ever send us the info on the dog chip.
So does one of ours. Glad you mentioned that i have to ask about it when we pick her up saturday.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Any vet or rescue should be able to scan the chip and give you the information.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #13
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Last edited by RedskinRat; 12-20-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #14
mredskins
Gamebreaker

So my dog drama continues.

If you read back a few post I had to return my rescue dog because he nips/bites if woken. It is not a huge problem but with having 2 kids 5 and under I could not keep him.

Well I am at work and get a strange call from 800 number. I pick it up and is 24 pet rescue and they say my dog Tucker has been turned into the Tri County animal shelter. I am like what the fuck we gave him back to the rescue people who don't put the dogs down; he is now in a kill shelter!

After some digging I find this arrival:
Calvert Animal Control Removes 55 Dogs from Home in Sunderland - Southern Maryland Headline News

The rescue lady was basically hoarding these dogs.

So my wife is just boarder line out of her mind at this point. I get Xmas bearing down with my kids and put down my 11 year old family dog down on Monday. My stress is through the roof.

I am going to get Tucker in the am from the shelter. He is awesome dog and if I didnt have small kids I had kept him. I will keep him in basement until I can find a home for home.

If anyone wants to help please let me know. I will drive him anywhere to give him a good home.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #15
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Good man, MRedskins, but have you considered putting a kennel outside or in a garage?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk