Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Along with RG3, who gets your game ball?
Garcon 11 10.09%
Morris 41 37.61%
A. Robinson 13 11.93%
Gomes 23 21.10%
C. Griffin 12 11.01%
other 9 8.26%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #286
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins at Saints Post Game Thoughts

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...e-week-week-1/

Props for Monty and Kerrigan

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #287
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Awesome work by both. Cant understand those Matt Schaub hatters.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #288
Gtothearry
The Starter

This game is airing on NFL network @ 3 pm EST today.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #289
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

hmmm interesting little statistic that I just found out which will probably put people even more in an uproar but here it goes...

On opening day games, the last time the redskins scored 40 or more points (and won) was against Detroit in 1991 the year we won our last super bowl
Old 09-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #290
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
hmmm interesting little statistic that I just found out which will probably put people even more in an uproar but here it goes...

On opening day games, the last time the redskins scored 40 or more points (and won) was against Detroit in 1991 the year we won our last super bowl
How fitting would it be for the redskins to start off a win in the first game of the season in New Orleans and then end it with a win in New Orleans?
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #291
MTK
\m/

Redskins - Saints Film Review: DEFENSE - Washington Times
Old 09-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #292
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

..........How long has it been since I have seen My Skins portrayed....positively in highlight films.....MAN, you gotta' love this.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #293
Defensewins
Playmaker

I watched the game again yesterday and I noticed Madieu Williams' play was not all bad. Yes he was mostly responsible for TE Jimmy Graham’s 20-yard touchdown and WR Lance Moore’s 33-yard touchdown and probably a few other mental mistakes.
However his very physical/head hunter style of play had and the Saints receivers after a while not wanting to stretch out over the middle anymore. After the big hits on Graham (illegal hit) and Devery Henderson (knocked unconscious) Brees was no longer throwing up the jump balls anymore over the middle to his tall receivers like Graham, as they normally love to do. While I do not condone dangerous play and head shots, the clean physical play and threat of big hits did serve to make the Saints adjust their offense. Hearing foot steps over the middle created alligator arms over the middle.
Over time if Raheem Morris can coach up Madieu and reduce the mental mistakes, he could possibly make for a big physical FS we need. Maybe.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #294
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I watched the game again yesterday and I noticed Madieu Williams' play was not all bad. Yes he was mostly responsible for TE Jimmy Graham’s 20-yard touchdown and WR Lance Moore’s 33-yard touchdown and probably a few other mental mistakes.
However his very physical/head hunter style of play had and the Saints receivers after a while not wanting to stretch out over the middle anymore. After the big hits on Graham (illegal hit) and Devery Henderson (knocked unconscious) Brees was no longer throwing up the jump balls anymore over the middle to his tall receivers like Graham, as they normally love to do. While I do not condone dangerous play and head shots, the clean physical play and threat of big hits did serve to make the Saints adjust their offense. Hearing foot steps over the middle created alligator arms over the middle.
Over time if Raheem Morris can coach up Madieu and reduce the mental mistakes, he could possibly make for a big physical FS we need. Maybe.
Agreed on all the above. Williams had one blown coverage as you mentioned. The TD to Graham is almost imossible to stop w/o pass interference. I don't understand some folks totally throwing Williams under the bus, because like you said he's a force back there we haven't had since Sean (Williams is half the FS Sean was but I mean at least Williams will put the hurt on guys).

I don't agree with the legal hit either, but kinda understand Williams' frustration which is why he did it. Graham is a nightmare to cover and you see him get huffy after a catch, and Williams couldn't resist ringing his bell when the chance came along lol. It's illegal, but I understand
Old 09-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #295
calia
Playmaker

On special teams, how could they have overlooked Sundberg with one of the gutsiest performances, well, ever? Playing a game with a broken arm is badass. I know no one thinks that the long snapper position is critical, but ask the Raiders how they feel about it this week.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #296
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Agreed on all the above. Williams had one blown coverage as you mentioned. The TD to Graham is almost imossible to stop w/o pass interference. I don't understand some folks totally throwing Williams under the bus, because like you said he's a force back there we haven't had since Sean (Williams is half the FS Sean was but I mean at least Williams will put the hurt on guys).

I don't agree with the legal hit either, but kinda understand Williams' frustration which is why he did it. Graham is a nightmare to cover and you see him get huffy after a catch, and Williams couldn't resist ringing his bell when the chance came along lol. It's illegal, but I understand
This might piss some folks off, but I also noticed Orakpo made a few mental mistakes as well and he was not singled out at all like M. Williams. The obvious one is the dropped interception, but there were two or three screen plays that he made some poor decisions on his angle of attack. There was one play that Orakpo thoroughly pissed me off where the screen play was really slow to develop and he was in perfect position, he had time to get around the huge offensive lineman that moved in front of him out in the flat. The play took so incredibly long to develop Orakpo could have easily side stepped the OL and broken up the pass or even picked it off. Instead he waited in front of the lineman for the catch to be made then he attacked. Fletcher and Kerrigan are much better at sniffing out a play like this and breaking it up. Orakpo is still a little slow at this. I love Orakpo and don't get me wrong, he has so much potential and physical skills, yet Kerrigan has passed him up. M. Williams was not the only one that had a few bad plays due the mental mistakes.

Last edited by Defensewins; 09-13-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #297
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

So I finally watched the game last night. Wow is all I can say about Robert. That was not all him I. The victory though, Cundiff going 4-4, the defense creating key pressures and turnovers on the Saints, and spectacular play by our WRs and the new RB all contributed to getting our big win. Total team effort led by a real QB.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #298
53Fan
Franchise Player

Sundberg: "He snapped 9 times with a broken left arm. Savage." Beautiful.