Trades of the Shanahan era

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #46
freddyg12
Playmaker

Re: Trades of the Shanahan era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Rams are missing WR's now.. I bet we could make a move with Stallworth to them.
I had the exact same thought! The fact that we've traded w/them since Allen & Shanny arrived, makes that more of a possibility.

I watched the rams game & if Bradford could've had his wr's catch 3-4 of those drops they were right in it, final score was misleading. Their wr's at this point look like one of the worst corps in nfl, if not the worst.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #47
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

You gotta think that is a move the organization has considered, especially if us peons are pondering it.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #48
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
How about the biggest Shanny trade that sent Champ Bailey to Denver for Portis and we gave Denver a 2nd rd pick. It was a win for both teams but damn why give up a 2nd rd pick. Even then Shanny was getting the better of player trades.
Even a st. up trade Bailey for Portis was a steal for Denver IMO. Look who's still playing. Shanny knew the value of a shut-down CB (best in NFL at time) and how relatively easy the RB position is to fill. Gibbs was not yet up to speed in personnel at the time, but in his defense Portis at his best took on a lot & gave us some memories.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #49
Stuck in TX
Impact Rookie

I hope the McNabb trade is soon forgotten. We needed a short term fix while we figured out our QB problem. We as fans did something we rarely do, and thats stand by our coach and GM and sure enough they got us 12 picks this year and according to the article, some key contributers in this still developing system. On paper, McNabb had a chance to get us to the playoffs and his success in Philly fooled us. After his opening performance in Minny, its obvious he was simply a product of the system. I think as long as Snyder lays off, one or two more off seasons like we had this year will lead to us being major contenders in the league.

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies
Stuck in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #50
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Your post is ho-hum.

I've never seen a bigger pessimist in my life. ALL of these trades were huge upgrades, excellent value, all of the possible positive descriptions you hear about any trade. Even if Beck does not start, he's a backup that we have faith in and could start. Dutch isn't even PS-worthy. Jarmon had talent but not in a 3-4. Gaffney has been a consistent contributor his entire career and has a history with Rex. Helu will be great. Kerrigan already is.
Kerrigan is "ALREADY GREAT"?? He played ONE game and is ALREADY GREAT.

I have seen few optimists as great as you in my life.

BTW, I like Kerrigan and think he may show - - one of these days - - that he is a really good NFL player. So, don't try to label me as some kind of hater here. It's just that no one deserves "GREAT" after one game. Is Cam Newton already GREAT? I don't think so...

As to Helu, you have him as GREAT and he has yet to do anything in a real NFL game.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #51
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post

BTW, I like Kerrigan and think he may show - - one of these days - - that he is a really good NFL player. So, don't try to label me as some kind of hater here. It's just that no one deserves "GREAT" after one game. Is Cam Newton already GREAT? I don't think so...

As to Helu, you have him as GREAT and he has yet to do anything in a real NFL game.
Exactly. 1 win and then everybody thinks every player that played good or Great that game is going to be the next best thing. Chris Horton. Does good his first couple of rookie year games, and where is he now? Exactly. Hold off on the Great titles people.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #52
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Exactly. 1 win and then everybody thinks every player that played good or Great that game is going to be the next best thing. Chris Horton. Does good his first couple of rookie year games, and where is he now? Exactly. Hold off on the Great titles people.
Chris Horton is a great example. I thought we had a keeper after he picked 2 passes off Brees in the Saints game in 2008, and then he showed pretty much nothing in pretty much every game since. He was good for occasional special teams plays, but boy did he fade quickly.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #53
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Maybe some of you knew this already, maybe some of you just didn't put it all together but someone on another message board posted this info which honestly shocked me cause I never thought about it. Maybe because just about every game of the Skins the announcers find a way to slip in the fact the Skins have had numorous HC's and QB's through the years and have not been to a championship game in so long due to it. But they never mention that there is another team out there with the same almost exact stats, numbers, or whatever. Take a look.....

Quote:
Strange similarities between the Cowboys and Redskins.
The Cowboys are the NFL's most valuable franchise, according to Forbes' latest rankings. The Redskins are right behind at 2nd place.

The Cowboys have won only one playoff game over the past 14 seasons. The Redskins have won two playoff games in that same timeframe.

Neither team has advanced beyond the Divisional Playoffs since 1995.

The Cowboys have had five different head coaches since 1998. The Redskins have had six different head coaches in that same timeframe.

The Redskins have the NFL's 2nd-largest stadium by seating capacity. The Cowboys have the 3rd-largest.

The Cowboys and Redskins have two of the NFL's most despised and discussed/newsworthy owners, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder.

The Cowboys have had 15 different quarterbacks start games for them since the 1997 season. The Redskins have also had 15 different quarterbacks starting games for them in that same timeframe as well.
Feel free to rub this info in the face of you favorite Dallas friend whenever possible. lol. Namely during Redksins vs. Dallas week.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #54
luvthemskins1975
Camp Scrub

Reports former Pro Bowl RB Clinton Portis is among the players working out for the Tennessee Titans on Tuesday.
luvthemskins1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #55
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemskins1975 View Post
Reports former Pro Bowl RB Clinton Portis is among the players working out for the Tennessee Titans on Tuesday.
hence my custom user title

that said, Tuesday's are a common day to work out players. So we'll see if it amounts to anything
Old 09-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #56
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemskins1975 View Post
I also hear that Fat AL is working out for .... lazy Boy ( Chairs ) . Maybe the ad will sound something like " When you are tired of rolling around on the ground like a beached whale " , try Lazy Boy for a relaxing evening at home
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:47 PM   #57
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post

Actually, now after TWO games both Kerrigan and Cam Newton still look great. Time will tell.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #58
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Kerrigan is making plays despite having a ****ton of information to digest and process. Imagine what he'll be like when it becomes second nature to him. I told ya'll, having TWO big name pass rushers in a 3-4 is actually not that common. At the very least, I saw Kerrigan as a #1b to the #1a(Rak)

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #59
redskin90
Camp Scrub

I really like what Shanny has done!
redskin90 is offline   Reply With Quote