Police Execution?

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #61
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Police Execution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I bet the judge stacks the other ten years on top. I did not sit through the trial so I really cannot comment. The thing that gets me is blacks kill blacks all day long all year long and there is little to no outrage from the community (just look at the Michael Vick birthday shooting as an example) but this happens ever so many years and there is outrage and riots. Maybe if they showed the same outrage at all the killings day in and day out it might save more young black children from dying. They also go to the effort to not help police when a black kill a black and I just wonder when will the outrage over this ever come.
You have said this several times here, but I think you are wrong, or atleast hype it up in your own mind more than the facts bear out. I lived in the south side of Chicago for several months, and attended a black Baptist church where many young black men's lives had been lost/ruined/destroyed, and that community weeped for every one. Does it make nightly news - no, do riots start when injustice is done - no (mainly because it's not the "man" doing it, but the realization that it is within the community), but they sure as heck mourn, and are outraged at the destruction of a heritage.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #62
saden1
MVP

We will never know if there was actual intent to murder...as long as he servers the max I'm cool with the verdict.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #63
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
You have said this several times here, but I think you are wrong, or atleast hype it up in your own mind more than the facts bear out. I lived in the south side of Chicago for several months, and attended a black Baptist church where many young black men's lives had been lost/ruined/destroyed, and that community weeped for every one. Does it make nightly news - no, do riots start when injustice is done - no (mainly because it's not the "man" doing it, but the realization that it is within the community), but they sure as heck mourn, and are outraged at the destruction of a heritage.
I bet that weeping is very local and within the community that the killing took place. I'm talking more of a national voice of rage for the continued killing of black young men everyday. The black leaders are fast to jump up when these cop things happen but they don't seem to have that rage and desire to stop the real problem that cause 1000's of more deaths.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #64
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I bet that weeping is very local and within the community that the killing took place. I'm talking more of a national voice of rage for the continued killing of black young men everyday. The black leaders are fast to jump up when these cop things happen but they don't seem to have that rage and desire to stop the real problem that cause 1000's of more deaths.
You are just wrong FD, the national black leadership does have roots in every community, with active chapters that strive to turn the black youth away from destructive lifestyles. Doesn't mean I agree with the national black leadership, but to dismiss their efforts in urban communities, and to demean the rage frustration and sadness that is a real part of urban living, misses a whole understanding of where the cultural gap comes from and begins.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #65
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

He wears the badge, he wants respect, he executes in cold blood on video. It is still not enough evidence for some people. Some people just don't care because it was was a white cop and a black guy. No matter, it balances out Karma wise. It always does.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #66
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Man, where did JTF and TTE go???

The officer was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to 2 years.
Ex-BART officer Mehserle sentenced to two years in prison for fatal shooting of unarmed man | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
Fair or not???
WHAT SAYETH THE MOB?
Old 11-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #67
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Man, where did JTF and TTE go???

The officer was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to 2 years.
Ex-BART officer Mehserle sentenced to two years in prison for fatal shooting of unarmed man | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
Fair or not???
WHAT SAYETH THE MOB?
It does not seem fair but I was not at the trial and don't have a clue what went down.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #68
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

The officer better be thanking his lucky stars. I would say he deserved 5 at the minimum.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #69
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

p.s.

I'll answer for TTE.. What he might've said.. since he can't speak for himself: This is bullshit. The police officer didn't do anything wrong. He was exercising his right as an American to shoot the bejesus out of anyone defying the law. Blah blah conspiracy. Blah blah government. Blah blah illuminati.

That sounds about right eh?

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #70
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

he'll end up serving 7 more months... that's got to be hard for the family of the victim to deal with. If this were my brother/son, I guarantee I'd be paying this ass a visit as soon as he was released.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #71
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
He wears the badge, he wants respect, he executes in cold blood on video. It is still not enough evidence for some people. Some people just don't care because it was was a white cop and a black guy. No matter, it balances out Karma wise. It always does.
Yea thats it because he was white and the guy was black who really cares.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #72
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
p.s.

I'll answer for TTE.. What he might've said.. since he can't speak for himself: This is bullshit. The police officer didn't do anything wrong. He was exercising his right as an American to shoot the bejesus out of anyone defying the law. Blah blah conspiracy. Blah blah government. Blah blah illuminati.

That sounds about right eh?
You forgot, blah blah blah collapse of society and blah blah blah safe in my bunker with my rice, guns & religion.

As for the substance, not having been at the trial hard to contradict but, I am with BB, if this had been one of my loved ones, it would be hard to take.