Congress wraps up session

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #16
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Congress wraps up session

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Ive never voted before and doubt i ever will... In my opinion if you vote republican or democrat youre enabling everything you hate about US politics.
I've held my nose and voted a bunch of times but the other choice was even worse. Picked the best of the two evils. I think a bunch of people go to DC with the right intentions but they get skewed somewhere on the way.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #17
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I really think this BS keeps people away from the polls. It's a huge turn off for me and really has me not giving a F about the upcoming elections. I'm not even sure I'm going to bother voting. It's always SSDD no matter who's in office.
The sad part is that these guys are on the verge of breaking all records by spending 3 billion on ads this year...I saw an ad the other day telling me to "Vote No On 1098" and it's paid for by "Vote No On 1098."

Lots of crap to weed through but at the end of the day you as a voter have to do your homework and if you truly don't like any candidate then don't vote.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #18
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
The sad part is that these guys are on the verge of breaking all records by spending 3 billion on ads this year...I saw an ad the other day telling me to "Vote No On 1098" and it's paid for by "Vote No On 1098."

Lots of crap to weed through but at the end of the day you as a voter have to do your homework and if you truly don't like any candidate then don't vote.
You have never voted for a guy you did not like just because you thought he was the less of the two evils? I'm sorry to say I have. The good part about Va. is that our dems are more to the right than in other areas. I have actualy voted for a dem or two over the years here in Va.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #19
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Anyone else tired of the smear ads both sides run?
CA GOP Candidate Mails Scratch-and-Sniff Attack Ad That Smells Like Trash | The Blaze

This is pretty hilarious, i mean how could you take someone serious that does something like that.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #20
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
You have never voted for a guy you did not like just because you thought he was the less of the two evils? I'm sorry to say I have. The good part about Va. is that our dems are more to the right than in other areas. I have actualy voted for a dem or two over the years here in Va.
No I have not because it goes against my nature. There are degrees of lesser of two evils. If they are equally shady, I won't vote. I mean, if I agree with one candidate 12% of the time and the other 11% the time I'm not voting. If on the other hand I agree with one candidate 50% of the time and the other 11% of the time I will vote for the candidate I agree with 50% of the time.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #21
MTK
\m/

Quote:
CA GOP Candidate Mails Scratch-and-Sniff Attack Ad That Smells Like Trash | The Blaze

This is pretty hilarious, i mean how could you take someone serious that does something like that.
Paladino did that in NY a while ago
Old 10-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #22
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:

Now that's funny.