A Felon in the White House?

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #76
12thMan
MVP

Re: A Felon in the White House?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I wouldn't go that far. Gibbs is getting peppered with questions about it daily. Most likely it's not as serious as some are saying, but I don't think it's the "nothing to see here, move along" afterthought that the White House claims it to be.
Gibbs is referring to the memo because he/they want to stay on message and not give the media a sound bite and keep this thing going for another week. Why create a story when there isn't one? When the president was asked during the his oil spill presser about the "deal", he essentially dodged the question. Smart move. I think Joe Sestak is the best person to answer all the questions and he's doing that.

The mistake that was made, if any, was involving Bill Clinton. He's just an easy target. But from what I understand Bill Clinton and Joe Sestak have been close friends for years, so it makes sense that he was the messenger.

As far as arm twisting goes, I would say it's organizing your political party to maintain power and advance your agenda. Each party has that right to do that and should position themselves to be as powerful and effective as possible to serve their interests and the people they must answer to. As long as everything is done above board, let's play chess. There's nothing unethical, unusual, or as far as I can see, any impropriety occurred. The irony in all of this is that Sestak is probably more in line with Obama's views than Arlen Specter ever was, so it's still a win for the White House.

Anyway, 'nuff of that.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #77
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Come on Saden thats not even a very good example.
Why?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #78
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Why?
Because we know your boss would not offer you a raise. LOL
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #79
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Why?
Because your boss isn't trying to thwart/circumvent a country's election process of public officials.

To me the whole meat of the matter is the fact the WH must have thought that Sestak had a good shot at winning the majority of the people's vote. They wanted their guy (Specter) to be the voice of the people instead. So, they tell Sestak not to run because we think you may win which means the majority of voters in your district wanted you to win, not the other guy. Does this happen all of the time? Without a doubt. Is it wrong? Without a doubt.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #80
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
Because your boss isn't trying to thwart/circumvent a country's election process of public officials.

To me the whole meat of the matter is the fact the WH must have thought that Sestak had a good shot at winning the majority of the people's vote. They wanted their guy (Specter) to be the voice of the people instead. So, they tell Sestak not to run because we think you may win which means the majority of voters in your district wanted you to win, not the other guy. Does this happen all of the time? Without a doubt. Is it wrong? Without a doubt.
If this happens all the time without a doubt how is Lord Obama thwarting/circumventing the country's political process of public officials?

All of this is he said she said at best.

-Jenkins
Old 06-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #81
MTK
\m/

More business as usual in the political world

Ex-GOP official accused of 6 felonies in Florida - CNN.com
Old 06-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #82
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

Now that's a first class felony. Let's hope Greer's children have been indoctrinated by Obama.

-Jenkins
Old 06-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #83
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

If he is guilty , aside from being a dumb ass ... the state < or Fed > should seize his assests and punish his sorry """ . Maybe politicians should have to wear stripes and have numbers issued as soon as they take office .... very sad
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #84
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Well I'm a bit late but I'd have to say that the White House probably has a damn good track record of having felons working there. Whether or not charged/deemed guilty or not is a whole different issue.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #85
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post

Also, where in the Constitution are private businesses' hiring rules spelled out? For public officials...they are. For you...not.

Have some more Starbucks, Sadden, you're slipping.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #86
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Also, where in the Constitution are private businesses' hiring rules spelled out? For public officials...they are. For you...not.

Have some more Starbucks, Sadden, you're slipping.
You're right Buster, it isn't spelled out in the Constitution. It however grant congress the power to create laws and so they did. The chamber tasked by the Constitution to create laws spelled out through various Employment/Labor Acts what the hiring rules are for private businesses.

I'm not slipping, I'm sipping. Check this out, I stopped going to Starbucks and instead purchased a Bosch Tassimo Bosch Tassimo. I can brew Starbucks right at home for a $1.30 a cup. That shit is awesome yo...tell your friends about it.

p.s. Keep sniffing around, you'll discover my piss under a tree somewhere sooner or later.

-Jenkins
Old 06-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #87
GMScud
Swearinger

Here we go again.

AP Sources: Admin talked jobs with Romanoff - Yahoo! News