Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Vick wins Eagles' courage award

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
mlmdub130
Playmaker

this is a joke, this award is for players who show courage and sportsmanship, the redskins awarded theirs to philip daniels for playing through an injury, like most other teams. the eagles decided to give it to vick.

i'm sorry i guess i'm in the minority of people but i am tired of seeing any praise to vick, i feel like this could have been awarded to brian westbrook who has been fighting to get back on the field after have a concussion, instead it is given to vick because he hasn't screwed up yet. what has he done since he has come back? nothing, he has thrown and rushed for less than 100 each and scored one td. i really don't understand the infatuation with a guy who was a decent qb but decided to throw it all away and run a dog fighting and gambling ring. in the real world anyone who was charged with a felony and sent to jail would not have much luck getting their job back.

again maybe it's just me but i am sick of the media and the nfl glorifying michael vick, if he turns it all around and is still being productive a couple years from now that is understandable, but he has been out of jail barely more than 6 months, i think the eagles are jumping the gun on this one.

The Associated Press: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Nomad

Re: Vick wins Eagles' courage award

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
this is a joke, this award is for players who show courage and sportsmanship, the redskins awarded theirs to philip daniels for playing through an injury, like most other teams. the eagles decided to give it to vick.

i'm sorry i guess i'm in the minority of people but i am tired of seeing any praise to vick, i feel like this could have been awarded to brian westbrook who has been fighting to get back on the field after have a concussion, instead it is given to vick because he hasn't screwed up yet. what has he done since he has come back? nothing, he has thrown and rushed for less than 100 each and scored one td. i really don't understand the infatuation with a guy who was a decent qb but decided to throw it all away and run a dog fighting and gambling ring. in the real world anyone who was charged with a felony and sent to jail would not have much luck getting their job back.

again maybe it's just me but i am sick of the media and the nfl glorifying michael vick, if he turns it all around and is still being productive a couple years from now that is understandable, but he has been out of jail barely more than 6 months, i think the eagles are jumping the gun on this one.

The Associated Press: Vick wins Eagles' courage award
Anyway??? Congrats to you Vick, Isn't that Philly's choice?????
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Longtimefan
Playmaker

It's an atempt to polish up his image a bit. Is that award something the team votes on or is it an administrative award? If not a team vote it would be interesting to note how they feel about it. I don't think Vick will be in Philly after this season anyway.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

What next?????? The Nobel?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
It's an atempt to polish up his image a bit. Is that award something the team votes on or is it an administrative award? If not a team vote it would be interesting to note how they feel about it. I don't think Vick will be in Philly after this season anyway.

By ROB MAADDI (AP) – 5 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA — Michael Vick's peers appreciate his tough journey back to the NFL.

Vick won the Ed Block Courage Award, voted on by his teammates on the Philadelphia Eagles.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

The Eagles Courage award is a team voted award.

He likely won't be in Philadelphia next year, but it still baffles me how many people think that Vick deserved a lifetime ban, when other people who committed way worse crimes against HUMAN BEINGS came back and played again.

I look foreward to us all moving past the Michael Vick thing.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:08 AM   #7
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post

By ROB MAADDI (AP) – 5 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA — Michael Vick's peers appreciate his tough journey back to the NFL.

Vick won the Ed Block Courage Award, voted on by his teammates on the Philadelphia Eagles.
Thanks....I wasn't aware of everything that went into the process of awarding the award. I think it was Phillip Daniels who won the award for us, I just didn't know if it was an award that was voted upon.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
davy
Impact Rookie

When did courage become a synonym for self interest?
Old 12-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #9
wolfeskins
The Starter

by giving vick the award, it discredits it's meaning and purpose. just like awarding the nobel peace prize to obama. it's a huge crock of sh*t.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #10
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
When did courage become a synonym for self interest?
Good question.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #11
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Hey Longtime whats up man? On this topic the team actually voted on this and it was unanimous if I read it right.
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote