Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #121
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Giants)

Id like to see our current RB's and Wr's play behind a revamped line before cleaning house at those positions. I still think Portis and Moss have value on this team.

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #122
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Id like to see our current RB's and Wr's play behind a revamped line before cleaning house at those positions. I still think Portis and Moss have value on this team.
i would like to see them compete for their jobs next offseason, but i don't think they have any right to their jobs i say it's open season and the top preformer gets the job

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #123
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
All of the above. I don't know what to think about Jason coming back in. On one hand, no one can possibly say he's not a leader now. On the other, he definitely hurt his stock around the league in doing so. Or at least, I think he did.

The leader bit is far fetched Gtripp. Sorry, but when folks were on the game thread last night were fawning over how he came back after he got dinged up and saying oh what a leader he was almost made me puke. The guy got dinged up, and was basically reduced to a rag doll most of the game, but unless you get really hurt you would obviously come back in the game. Another thing, this kid is auditioning for Allen. Do you think Allen is going to want to retain a pussy at QB that uses a minor injury to slink out of the game? It is advisable to retain JC for the next couple seasons til the newbies get up to snuff, but his future as a starter is probably going to end in 2011, if not sooner. ANd his newfound status as a "leader" is questionable at best. The kid doesn't quit that is for sure, but it takes more than not quitting to be a leader. Not quitting means he just did his job.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:41 AM   #124
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
The leader bit is far fetched Gtripp. Sorry, but when folks were on the game thread last night were fawning over how he came back after he got dinged up and saying oh what a leader he was almost made me puke. The guy got dinged up, and was basically reduced to a rag doll most of the game, but unless you get really hurt you would obviously come back in the game. Another thing, this kid is auditioning for Allen. Do you think Allen is going to want to retain a pussy at QB that uses a minor injury to slink out of the game? It is advisable to retain JC for the next couple seasons til the newbies get up to snuff, but his future as a starter is probably going to end in 2011, if not sooner. ANd his newfound status as a "leader" is questionable at best. The kid doesn't quit that is for sure, but it takes more than not quitting to be a leader. Not quitting means he just did his job.
Don't know if I agree, but this is well stated.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:57 AM   #125
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
TC got hit every time he dropped back, even when he completed the pass to Moss.
Yeah, Collins had eons on that play relative what Campbell was getting, and there was STILL and unblocked rusher that drilled him after the release. Moss made that play by running a route for the first time in the first half, gave Collins like five yards of seperation.

Moss' effort over the course of a game is mind boggling. If he's not a primary part of the gameplan, he'll go and not get open for an entire half. Then out of nowhere, he'll run a sharp route and make a play. Then he mails it in for a quarter, and once the game is completely out of reach, he comes back and outworks everyone on the field.

I don't get it.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:05 AM   #126
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
TC got hit every time he dropped back, even when he completed the pass to Moss.
alright thanks for the clarification

seems like he still got the ball out though, right?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:07 AM   #127
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yeah, Collins had eons on that play relative what Campbell was getting, and there was STILL and unblocked rusher that drilled him after the release. Moss made that play by running a route for the first time in the first half, gave Collins like five yards of seperation.

Moss' effort over the course of a game is mind boggling. If he's not a primary part of the gameplan, he'll go and not get open for an entire half. Then out of nowhere, he'll run a sharp route and make a play. Then he mails it in for a quarter, and once the game is completely out of reach, he comes back and outworks everyone on the field.

I don't get it.
I'm just glad that people can see what's going on without being at the game. I think that I get too caught up in the excitement but I'm not really sure how you guys get a full picture when the camerawork is what it is.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:08 AM   #128
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
alright thanks for the clarification

seems like he still got the ball out though, right?
Once.

Collins came in, and got the requisite one decent route from Santana Moss. I thought he made a really nice throw to Davis in tight coverage, and I don't think Campbell makes that throw, but perhaps he should have moved through the progression to find someone more open.

Collins did some nice things in like four passes, but all he ever seemed to do was throw to the primary receiver. I guess that's all you can really ask from your backup.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:11 AM   #129
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
I'm just glad that people can see what's going on without being at the game. I think that I get too caught up in the excitement but I'm not really sure how you guys get a full picture when the camerawork is what it is.
I don't think I'm saying anything that can't be verified by the coaches tape. This is who Santana Moss is. This is who he has been since 2007. And this is who he is going to continue to be.

No one who watches the coaches tape is ever impressed by Santana Moss. He never "shows up" on film.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:21 AM   #130
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Once.

Collins came in, and got the requisite one decent route from Santana Moss. I thought he made a really nice throw to Davis in tight coverage, and I don't think Campbell makes that throw, but perhaps he should have moved through the progression to find someone more open.

Collins did some nice things in like four passes, but all he ever seemed to do was throw to the primary receiver. I guess that's all you can really ask from your backup.
Seems like those were decent options and maybe the playcalling wasn't a big issue? I don't think that you can say a guy should cycle and find someone more open when his downfield options catch it.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:21 AM   #131
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I don't think I'm saying anything that can't be verified by the coaches tape. This is who Santana Moss is. This is who he has been since 2007. And this is who he is going to continue to be.

No one who watches the coaches tape is ever impressed by Santana Moss. He never "shows up" on film.
I'll give you no doubt in that..

it seems like moss doesn't buy into our system or won't put the effort into it

then again it could just be that he doesn't have it anymore?
Old 12-23-2009, 02:23 AM   #132
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Seems like those were decent options and maybe the playcalling wasn't a big issue? I don't think that you can say a guy should cycle and find someone more open when his downfield options catch it.
It's also possible that the Giants were able to pick up on our play calling tendencies. It'll be interesting to see if this will be similar to when teams picked up on Zorns strategy, though I doubt Sherman Lewis is the type that will simpily stay pat.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #133
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Once.

isnt this one of the issues with Campbell? getting off of a receiver too quickly, not letting them get open?
Old 12-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #134
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Agreed. That pass to Davis was on the money and was nearly a TD. I wish Campbell did that more often, give the receivers a chance to make a play. There were more than a couple of times Monday night that Campbell's sacks were more the result of coverage sacks. And not so much great coverage, just Campbell not trusting his receivers.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #135
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
[/B]

It's going to take time. We've got to get a whole new o line and you can't rebuild a line in one year. I just hope he brings in some professionals and some leaders. We need more guys like London Fletcher.
I agree with you, and I trust the neccessary time will be alloted to do the things that need to be done. I say that because for whatever the reason may be, time is something the fans or the media here have time for. Whenever change is made instant results are expected, when immediate results aren't forthcoming the heat is on and another change is sought. We need to change that cycle. Professionals are something we can never get enough of.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote