Report: Shanahan in Talks with Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 12:56 AM   #166
Pocket$ $traight

Re: Report: Shanahan in Talks with Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Well reports are the Texans are not doing well and the owner is not happy with the situation there either.

I think we can all agree Shanahan would bring in his son who is currently working for the Texans as their OC.

If the Texans deside to let Kubiac go cause they are not happy with his performance, which is what I keep hearing, Kubiac would be available. He might not want to take a step down but if he was happy working with Shanahan previously then I could see him coming in.

As far as Alex Gibbs, I'm not sure if or when his contract ends or if he can even say he resigns his position and can come to the Skins. But if the Texans blow up what they have and look to hire a new HC then I would like to think Shanahan will make a play for him.

Reports are Shanahan has been calling around trying to essemble a coaching staff. I wonder who he's talked to as his positions coach's. Has he made contact with any of his old staff, his son, Kubiac, Alex Gibbs?
I would think we could get any of them that want to come here. Give them some big title and more $. This isn't $nyder's first rodeo.

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #167
SBXVII
Franchise Player

This came from NFP National Football Post;

Quote:
5. From my sources in Houston, I’m told there’s a prevailing feeling that owner Bob McNair will not make any changes if the Texans can finish strong in their remaining four games.

6. But there’s no doubt that Texans offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan will join his father Mike, probably in Washington when he returns to coaching next year. Kyle is a very bright coach who will be his father’s offensive coordinator.
So if the team which is 6-7 has a bad finish, perhaps the owner fires the HC which makes him available for Shanahan and the Skins.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #168
TenandSix:Unacceptable
Special Teams

Are some people seriously suggesting that a fired head coach come back to the same team as a quarterbacks coach? You have got to be fucking shitting me.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:13 AM   #169
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
This came from NFP National Football Post;

So if the team which is 6-7 has a bad finish, perhaps the owner fires the HC which makes him available for Shanahan and the Skins.
I really like Kyle Shanahan. He's an excellent play caller and I'm sure he'll be in Washington If Mike is our new coach. The future is looking very bright for the Skins.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #170
SBXVII
Franchise Player

This was from NFL.com in regards to Kubiac's future. Notice the team was 5-7 when it was written so they've won a game.

Texans coach Kubiak's job could be at stake down the stretch

I read he was hired in 2006. Presuming he coached the 2006 season he's been there 3 yrs. I wonder when his current contract ends? Other then that he could simply say I resign and walk away to most likely get a better pay day with the Skins as OC.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:50 AM   #171
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I think this was posted elsewhere but I found some things interesting:

Redskins start their search for a new head coach; Gray interviews

1)
Quote:
numerous coaches and executives expect Mike Shanahan to take over for Jim Zorn as head coach shortly after the season ends. Shanahan has been working out of an office in Denver, reviewing film and contacting potential staff members for weeks, according to sources, and Snyder is focused on the former Broncos coach taking the reins in Washington.
2)
Quote:
Shanahan could look to hire several members of the Houston Texans' staff should coach Gary Kubiak be let go, with Shanahan's son, Kyle, among those targeted. Bob Slowik, Shanahan's former coordinator in Denver, is virtually certain to have a role on defense, according to league sources, and Jim and Jeff Goodman, who worked on personnel with the Broncos, remain closely aligned with the coach as well.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:13 AM   #172
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I know, I know this from PFT;

Quote:
Another team enters the Shanahan chase
Posted by Mike Florio on December 19, 2009 4:39 PM ET
With the Redskins trying to reel in Mike Shanahan, we're told that another team has commenced the pursuit of the free-agent coach.

The identity of the team currently isn't known, but it's our understanding that the team in question is battling for a playoff berth, and that the team is concerned that, if the team waits until its season ends, it will be too late to make a serious play for Shanahan.

Two playoff contenders that immediately come to mind are the Texans and the Cowboys. The rumor mill has linked Shanahan to both teams.
I wonder if the other team/teams realize the lock was Shanahan told Buffalo that he and Allen were to be a package deal. We locked up Allen.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:34 AM   #173
dmek25
MVP

could be a ploy to get what he wants? more money/ more control
Old 12-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #174
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'm going to lock this thread. Not because there's anything wrong with it. But because we have two almost identical threads going here and it's probably easier to just shut one down. So I've randomly chosen this one