Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Marriage made in heaven?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #31
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Marriage made in heaven?

Why do people believe SLewis is staying? I love what he has done, but he is not staying on, he doesn't talk to the press, interact to the players and leads way to sheltered of a routine to think he is staying. If he wanted to jump back in, he would be putting himself out there and be an active visible part of the revised offense. He comes off to me as a man who saw an opportunity to get minimally involved, and help out, not as someone who saw an opportunity to get back into a career path.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Why do people believe SLewis is staying? I love what he has done, but he is not staying on, he doesn't talk to the press, interact to the players and leads way to sheltered of a routine to think he is staying. If he wanted to jump back in, he would be putting himself out there and be an active visible part of the revised offense. He comes off to me as a man who saw an opportunity to get minimally involved, and help out, not as someone who saw an opportunity to get back into a career path.
I really dont think so with Shanahan or Gruden coming in...Shanahan calls his own plays and think he will get back to retirement.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I really dont think so with Shanahan or Gruden coming in...Shanahan calls his own plays and think he will get back to retirement.
Exactly
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #34
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I know Sherman Lewis is not staying, but I wish he were. He's had the biggest immediate impact on redskins offense than any head coach or off. coord. that the redskins have had in the last decade or so.

Shanahan's and Gruden's egos won't allow Lewis to stay on. And while we're on Shanahan and Gruden, it doesn't matter who becomes the next hc because they're both elitist dicks anyway. I hope I'm wrong about this because I couldn't follow the team like I do now. But all this probably won't matter as long as the offense is putting numbers and they are winning.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #35
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Shahanan's ego wont allow Lewis to stay on, but im not so sure about Gruden. He worked under Sherm at GB, when Sherm was the O-Coordinator and Gurden was the receivers coach. They also have a pretty similar history in their starts in the nfl, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a close relationship.

Now does Lewis want to keep working for the Skins? Thats a whole other story. My guess would be is that he would be cool continuing to earn some cash to be a “Offensive Consultant”. But I think everyone is right, I doubt he would take on a o-coordinator.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #36
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Shannahan will bring in his son as the oc if he comes here.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:26 AM   #37
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

I wonder how Portis is going to feel once he's being coached by the same man who traded him. I'm sure he'll have a chip on his shoulder.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #38
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
I wonder how Portis is going to feel once he's being coached by the same man who traded him. I'm sure he'll have a chip on his shoulder.
I have a very strong feeling that's not going to be an issue come March.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #39
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

If we don't get Shanny, who's next on the list. I say go for the former Redskin Russ Grimm.