Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

does tom brady have his own rules?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #31
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Re: does tom brady have his own rules?

Funny how Brady is first to shake the opposing QB's hand after he throws for 4td's and beats them by 20 yet he ran off the field as soon as time expired last Monday. I wasnt paying attention but my friends wife said he left without shaking.

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #32
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
by is you mean "I want him to be"

the evidence from spygate was destroyed instead of tucked away in nfl headquarters

I doubt anybody ever comes forward and if it does happen it will be a Donaghy type situation
did anyone else see the video footage that they showed, jay glazer had like 45 secs of it somehow, that guy gets his hands on everything, but it was a camera that zoomed in on the play caller giving siginals, then panned up to the down and distance and time. the fact the he is still allowed to be a head coach is a joke, it was blatant cheating.

and the fact that it was destrroyed is rediculious, why would you destroy it instead of keeping it for further investigations, or even for records

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #33
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
did anyone else see the video footage that they showed, jay glazer had like 45 secs of it somehow, that guy gets his hands on everything, but it was a camera that zoomed in on the play caller giving siginals, then panned up to the down and distance and time. the fact the he is still allowed to be a head coach is a joke, it was blatant cheating.

and the fact that it was destrroyed is rediculious, why would you destroy it instead of keeping it for further investigations, or even for records
Because in the end it only makes the NFL look bad. Better to sweep it under the rug and move on ASAP.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #34
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Funny how Brady is first to shake the opposing QB's hand after he throws for 4td's and beats them by 20 yet he ran off the field as soon as time expired last Monday. I wasnt paying attention but my friends wife said he left without shaking.
I don't think thats correct. I know for a fact that Belichick went over and stoped Brees and shook his hand and I'm almost 100% that Brady shook his hand before that. I was actually surprised to see Belichick tracked down Brees as he was running off the field to shake his hand.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #35
mlmdub130
Playmaker

i think pft hit the nail on the head here

Rule book sends mixed signals on Jason Campbell hit | ProFootballTalk.com

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #36
Chevy13
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
There's a difference between winning big and running up a score. It always amazes me when people don't/can't see the difference.
I don't see what the use is of crying about a team beating us 38-0 and still playing football and trying to score. not a big difference imo but I guess I'm not as sympathetic for the losing team (I won't complain if we do it and I wont cry if it's done to us) but it's ok with me if it makes ppl feel better to have a team release the pedal on you or play "less aggressive" after being on top by double digits in the 4th qtr it doesn't really bother me as much as other ppl, an ass whooping is an ass whooping if they choose to run up a score or not. but like I said i'm just not as sympathetic whether it be us or another team doing it to us. That's just my opinion and the Patriots running up the score on us didn't make the loss any harder for me and it wouldn't of been any better for me had they not "ran up the score". For whoever thinks it's a big deal well what goes around comes around they'll have to suffer while another team ignores the "unwritten rule" against them someday but for me if we lose I won't cry or complain that they scored more points than they needed to or went for it on 4th down in the 4th qtr up by double digits like if that was the problem... Maybe the problem is that we're losing 38-0
Chevy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #37
MTK
\m/

It's just the simple issue of sportsmanship for me. Going for it on 4th and 2 when you are up 38-0 is simply bad sportsmanship.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #38
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

When the Pats killed the Redskins, the thing that killed me was them going for it on 4th and short even when they were like three TDs ahead. Which was a standard Belichick practice, along with keeping your starters well into the 4th quarter after building double-digit leads.
That still doesn't bother me. You've gotta be at least 3 TDs up before you let up. Look at when the Saints came back after losing to the Dolphins, down 24-3 wasn't it?

You have to practice 4th and short situations in game and that was a good chance to see what they could do. Sure they probably knew that they had it, but whatever.

It's a competitive game, compete or don't.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #39
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
That's funny because I've seen a QB get landed on with all of the weight but not thrown down in any sort of way. It surely doesn't support the "and" portion of that rule.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #40
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
Go back and look at the game play-by-play for that game where the Pats "ran it up" on the Redskins. Late in the game the Skins scored a TD and then they tried an on-side kick down about 5 TDs at the time.

If you are going to try that kind of nonsense with a game out of hand, then get ready to play defense. What the Skins did then was take a stick and try to poke at a beast that was able to torment them - - and was in the process of doing it.

If you want the other team to take their foot off the gas, you can't continue to try to pretend that this is still a winnable game.
Great post and very true.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote