Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #76
MTK
\m/

Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Rodgers needs to stop holding the ball so long at times, I wouldn't call him elite just yet. He's good though.

Rodgers also had the benefit of sitting and learning for a full 3 seasons and hasn't had to endure multiple system changes. His WRs are also one of the better groups in the league. He is an example of how to properly break a QB in to this league.

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #77
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Campbell is a very strong possibility for Arizona (and a good possibility for Seattle). And I would add Carolina.

As for Leinart, I'll just repeat what I've said before. If the Redskins land Shanahan there is no doubt he is going to make a big push for Leinart. He's a fan and has hinted he'd want to go after him given the right situation.
I sure hope not. Making a trade for Leinart is a horrible idea. Can't give away any more draft picks. If Shanahan comes here he needs to just coach up the guys we have.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #78
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Rodgers needs to stop holding the ball so long at times, I wouldn't call him elite just yet. He's good though.

Rodgers also had the benefit of sitting and learning for a full 3 seasons and hasn't had to endure multiple system changes. His WRs are also one of the better groups in the league.
I love how some people here think every QB is created equal, and the ones who have great O lines and great coaches and great WRs are the ones who go to the HOF. All the rest are just victims of their inferior circumstances.

It flies in the face of logic, but time and time again I see people qualifying why some QBs are better than others. Couldn't it be possible that some QBs are just smarter and more talented than others? I just don't understand why there's got to be some catch that explains why every QB is able to perform.

It reminds me of the same loser mentality people use to make excuses about why they're struggling in their job while the guy in the office next door consistently produces better results. Get off it already. Some people are just better. Period.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #79
over the mountain
Playmaker

^^ lol, yeah to some degree i agree with you that it seems any qb not named peyton manning or tom brady or drew brees is created equal with the disparity in W-Ls and stats being outside elements not attributable to the qb.

go skins!!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #80
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
I love how some people here think every QB is created equal, and the ones who have great O lines and great coaches and great WRs are the ones who go to the HOF. All the rest are just victims of their inferior circumstances.

It flies in the face of logic, but time and time again I see people qualifying why some QBs are better than others. Couldn't it be possible that some QBs are just smarter and more talented than others? I just don't understand why there's got to be some catch that explains why every QB is able to perform.

It reminds me of the same loser mentality people use to make excuses about why they're struggling in their job while the guy in the office next door consistently produces better results. Get off it already. Some people are just better. Period.
Relax chief. Of course some guys are simply better, but you also can't just ignore things like system changes and the coaches/players around that QB. All of that is critical to a player's development. A lot of a guys success is due to simply being in the right place at the right time. This team hasn't exactly been a great place for QB development over the course of the last 15+ years. That fact can't be denied. That's all I'm saying.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #81
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I sure hope not. Making a trade for Leinart is a horrible idea. Can't give away any more draft picks. If Shanahan comes here he needs to just coach up the guys we have.
I think we'll make a push for Leinart but fall short.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #82
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Who?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #83
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:

Because some people see medium-efficiency players like Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco and decide on a whim that they've now seen what real quarterback is supposed to look like, while discriminating against other medium-efficiency players such as Campbell. Your eyes, and my eyes, are pretty helpless to separate a good player from a bad player, with the exception of extreme situations such as JaMarcus Russell or Drew Brees.

And that's just the thing: not everyone in the middle of the league is created equal. But because they are in the middle of the league, they look, at times, like very similar players. And the players in that group that consistently look better tend to be surrounded by the best talent.

Your position simply cannot explain Marc Bulger, for example.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #84
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Talking Re: Why Are We So Divided On Jason Campbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think we'll make a push for Leinart but fall short.
so doing the same thing we did this past offseason

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #85
30gut
Playmaker

Bottom line?

Some people think you can evaluate a QB behind a bad OL and less then ideal situation i.e. FO courting other QBs, HC being stripped of playcalling duties

other think that a QB rated 16th in the NFL despite the circumstances mentioned above might be better with an adequate OL and competent playcalling

HTTR!
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #86
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:

I get what you're saying, but I think the point that is often made by JC supportes is that while he may not be a star qb, he can still win w/the right structure. It then becomes a question of what the team is willing to pay to replace him and upgrade the rest of the O. Maybe a fa qb can immediately turn it on, but if you invest a high pick on a qb it takes time & $.

The team has invested some time in JC but they've yet to fully invest in the offense. The 08 draft was a start, but we all agree the O line needs a major overhaul. I have been down on JC this year more so than the past, but I still would prefer to see him stay & see the high picks go to the o line & maybe rb. I wouldn't mind seeing a qb w/the 2nd or later round picks if the right guy is there, knowing that he'll likely not be ready for a couple of years if then.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote