Playbook

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #16
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Public Forums and Personal Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
I can't say I've read every thread either of you have responded to, but lately it has honestly been a very annoying thing to see in almost every thread where hess makes a comment Schneed is there with an opposing view point and vice versa with hess responding to Schneed's posts until it becomes snide & sometimes crude comments back and forth. As someone who's been coming to the Warpath for Redskins discussion from back in the days of it being on yahoo, lately there are times I wonder if I really want to log on and see these personal jabs going back and forth because it's a detriment to those of us who just want to talk football & other random topics. I'm not saying either one is right or wrong, but it's clear their issues with each other have gotten out of hand. I'm all about everyone having the right to voice their opinion, but only to the point where it actually adds to the value of the discussion. My for what it's worth, but this has been a topic that's needed a discussion for a while now.
Disputes between me and her take place in the off-topic forums. I make it a point not to clutter any locker room threads with stuff like that.

Advertisements
Old 07-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #17
BrudLee
Playmaker

Probably most tragic is that you wasted your 4000th post on this issue.

Was hesscl34 a little full of herself? Probably. Could you have taken her down a peg without mention of "saddlebags"? Easily. You chose to be harsh, and have received harshness in return. What ye reap, ye also sow. Or something.

What's messed up is I was going to sit you two at the same table for my big Warpath party, and now I've got to redo the whole goddamned seating chart.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #18
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I think tact is something that could have prevented this whole issue. Kind of an "unwritten rule".

While Schneed was expressing his opinion within forum rules, I'm sure he knew what he was getting into.

There's no sense being a martyr in poetic justice fashion when simple tact could have avoided this mess. It probably would have been a much more constructive decision.
Yeah, but the comment was intended to cut her down off her high horse. So to an extent, it was meant to be distasteful and without tact, while at the same time at the core being an expression of opinion within the framework of the forum guidelines.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #19
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee View Post

Was hesscl34 a little full of herself? Probably. Could you have taken her down a peg without mention of "saddlebags"? Easily. You chose to be harsh, and have received harshness in return. What ye reap, ye also sow. Or something.

What's messed up is I was going to sit you two at the same table for my big Warpath party, and now I've got to redo the whole goddamned seating chart.
LOL

I'm fine with getting harshness back. I can take it. If she wants to fire away and discuss whether or not I have issues with women as she started to do, I'm all for a debate on the subject. But I know the mods aren't interested in that, so if the discussion progresses further on the subject, I'd gladly take it to an exchange of PMs with her to spare the public.

Basically, she bragged, I knocked her down a peg, and that's pretty much the end of it. I don't have anything else to say to her really; I wasn't interested in seeing the thread spiral further downward. And I recognize the mods' desire to lock threads to keep it from happening, that part is understandable.

Anyway, at this point, I'm making a bigger deal of this than there really needs to be, so I'm prepared to drop it. The point of this thread was mainly just to say I felt I was in the right; despite the fact that she was obviously pissed by my comments.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:05 PM   #20
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
LOL

I'm fine with getting harshness back. I can take it. If she wants to fire away and discuss whether or not I have issues with women as she started to do, I'm all for a debate on the subject. But I know the mods aren't interested in that, so if the discussion progresses further on the subject, I'd gladly take it to an exchange of PMs with her to spare the public.

Basically, she bragged, I knocked her down a peg, and that's pretty much the end of it. I don't have anything else to say to her really; I wasn't interested in seeing the thread spiral further downward. And I recognize the mods' desire to lock threads to keep it from happening, that part is understandable.

Anyway, at this point, I'm making a bigger deal of this than there really needs to be, so I'm prepared to drop it. The point of this thread was mainly just to say I felt I was in the right; despite the fact that she was obviously pissed by my comments.
Not only are you beating a dead horse, You have beaten every horse that has ever died!
Move on...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:07 PM   #21
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Not only are you beating a dead horse, You have beaten every horse that has ever died!
Move on...
Yeah that's basically what I was saying in the last paragraph of the very post you quoted.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #22
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Speaking of moving on, I think we should all take that advice...

Come on now, it's TRAINING CAMP. If you're not directly involved in this conflict, let's move along...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #23
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee View Post

You just hate Schneed because he is a woman-hater. I bet you have issues with woman-haters and you try to keep them down.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #24
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Yeah, but the comment was intended to cut her down off her high horse. So to an extent, it was meant to be distasteful and without tact, while at the same time at the core being an expression of opinion within the framework of the forum guidelines.
It was off topic as well...

Let me play devils advocate for a second..

okay.. that was fun.

While I understand you were taking someone off their "high horse" in a public forum isn't against any kind of rules or policy. I'm just saying it's not constructive to the site in any way to attack her like you did. Do you really think it's going to change her behavior?

It's just kind of a waste of breath...err... finger energy, to make it an issue.

I'm not saying you didn't have the right too, I'm just saying you should use better judgment when confronting someone. You may have been annoyed by her "shameful flirting", but it takes less energy to ignore her, than it does to attack, defend, and start a thread to open public discussion.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:13 PM   #25
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Yeah that's basically what I was saying in the last paragraph of the very post you quoted.
Yet you keep replying...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #26
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Speaking of moving on, I think we should all take that advice...

Come on now, it's TRAINING CAMP. If you're not directly involved in this conflict, let's move along...
Good call....

So what do you guys think about the possibility of moving MW to DE, and Phillip Daniels to DT. Would this imply GW has since lost confidence in his miracle picks Golston and Montgomery, or does this say something about his increase of confidence in his linebackers; specifically Rocky.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #27
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think all that needs to be said has been said here. Any further decisions on this matter will be dealt with privately

Thread locked