Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Miami or Dallas?

Other Sports

View Poll Results: NBA Finals winner? (sponsored by saden1)
Dallas 11 52.38%
Miami 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #16
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: Miami or Dallas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz
Dallas handed it to Miami twice this season. But, who knows, Miami has so many players who have come close to winning championships but have fallen short in the past, so they'll probably play out of their minds. This should be fun.
Miami became a different team towards the end of the season, and those losses agaisnt Dallas do not carry that much weight. Miami and Wade have def stepped it up in the playoffs, but Dallas has played some tough opponents. We will see, but I think Miami in 6.

Advertisements
Old 06-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #17
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Dallas.

I can't stand Shaq.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #18
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster
Dallas.

I can't stand Shaq.
thats no reason to pick dallas
i too hate shaq but dallas is gonna have a hard time covering him
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #19
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Redskins.com is telling me to root for Darrell Armstrong and the Mavs because he's a big Redskins fan. So i guess i will be rooting for Dallas in this one. Thank you Redskins.com for giving me some guidance as to who to root for in the NBA Finals. Althought i never thought the Redskins would be telling me to root for a team from Dallas.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #20
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod
thats no reason to pick dallas
i too hate shaq but dallas is gonna have a hard time covering him
Sure it is. When Karl Malone, Kobe and Shaq all played on the same team, I would've picked the Timberwolves to beat them if I had to.

I do think that Dirk has become a real leader on that team, he can single-handedly take over and win a game if needed, like he did against the Suns. They have great defenders, assist men, Howard is a monster on the boards, plenty of three-point shooters that will be open when Dirk is double-teamed, they're good in transition and most importantly they play as a team. Miami is like an overaged All-Star team. They have too much talent, more specifically too many egos. If you can limit Wade in any way, which the flu is currently doing for the Mavs, you can beat them. Dallas just has too many capable players while Miami has too many guys who all want the last shot. Before the season even started, I predicted that Miami wouldn't win it all because their roster has too many individual stars.

Remember Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders and the expensive roster we tried? Same deal...
Old 06-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #21
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
Redskins.com is telling me to root for Darrell Armstrong and the Mavs because he's a big Redskins fan. So i guess i will be rooting for Dallas in this one. Thank you Redskins.com for giving me some guidance as to who to root for in the NBA Finals. Althought i never thought the Redskins would be telling me to root for a team from Dallas.
It's not the city's fault that the Cowboys have been arrogant drug users.

Besides, there's plenty in Dallas to make up for the Cowboys...like chili.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #22
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
That's right! Remember last year after the Redskins sweept Dalls Armstrong grabbed the mike before the game and said with a huge grin "HOW ABOUT THEM REDSKINS!!" And that was at a Dallas home game! That took some balls. And it sure made me laugh for a few minutes. They have my vote.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:23 AM   #23
itvnetop
Playmaker

while dallas has no one to really guard Shaq, nobody on miami can really stop the way nowitzki's playing right now either. dirk has great range and if shaq has to step out to help haslem, the mavs are gonna find the open man. dirk has also learned how to board like a 4 should during the playoffs. wade is going to do his thing, but i think dallas has the edge at both the starting 5 and the bench. they've learned how to rotate on defense, which is something i never thought i'd see in a mavs system. i also think ft's are gonna play a big part in this series- both teams are polar opposites from the stripe.

b/c of the 2-3-2 format, i'm going with mavs in 6.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote