Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Give it up for Patrick Ramsey (merged)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-25-2005, 03:11 PM   #46
Kevikazi
Special Teams

Re: Give it up for Patrick Ramsey (merged)

Patrick Ramsey's first comment during post-game interview on the field was his concerns for Mark Brunell's injury and hoped that he starts against Philly. To be so team-oriented after what he's been through with the organization says a lot about his character. I'm sure Patrick wants another chance as a starter, and I don't think that's going to happen as a Redskin, so I wish him the best.
Kevikazi is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-25-2005, 03:17 PM   #47
wbecker999
Camp Scrub

Looks like Ramsey has a much quiker release this year
I wonder if the couches have been working on that?
wbecker999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 03:53 PM   #48
redrock-skins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishsSkins
Patrick did a great job managing the game and not making the mistakes we have seen him make in the past. I admit I was going crazy after those two blown timeouts in a row when it looked like we were falling apart but he never lost his composure and played great after that. We might need him against philly if brunell can't go so lets give him all our support!
The timeouts made me crazy, but the old Ramsey would have snapped the ball and tried to pull a play out of his ass. We got a TD after the 2nd timeout, which made them well spent. His dump off pass (after seeing no WRs open) impressed me as well. Ramsey will be needed indeed and glad Gibbs hung on to him despite his trade requests. Look at Philly. They really don't know who to put in at QB. I guarntee Reid will be shopping for a backup this offseason.
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 05:44 PM   #49
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

I'm glad the Skins didn't panic and trade Ramsey without another proven backup quarterback. It looks like Ramsey is going to have to start against the Eagles and I'm confident he can get the job done. If he manages the team and takes the shots that are given to him, he will do fine. Actually he has a better chance of hitting Moss deep.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:38 PM   #50
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbecker999
Looks like Ramsey has a much quiker release this year
I wonder if the couches have been working on that?
I wonder about the couches too...and the coffee tables have been helping Portis with his blocking
Old 12-25-2005, 06:43 PM   #51
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Give it up for Patrick Ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
Manage the game? Any QB has to manage a game, it was Ramseys arm that opened things back up for us, not Portis's legs, it was his playmaking ability that kept the Giants in the rearview, pass to betts, then Moss.
What I meant was he didn't have to come in and suddenly start launching bombs like he had to last year to come back from a huge deficit. Just stick to the game plan. And he did it. And he did a great job. So good for him.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #52
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

i was a big ramsey backer last yr and thought he got messed over this year by gibbs by switching to brunell so fast,but brunell has played well and i'd like to see him finish the season,{if he's healthy}ramsey was okay yesterday,I thought his pass to moss wasnt thrown well,a great adjustment and play by moss to get the td.I really wish gibbs would have let him throw more passes in the game to get him ready for next week if he has to play,but the turnover risk was too high for gibbs I guess and he wanted to run time off the clock,which is smart football,but I wish ramsey would have got a chance to throw a couple more deep routes
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 07:31 PM   #53
GoSkins!
The Starter

With Ramsey and a good solid running game, I think that we will do just fine. Ramsey should be solid as a starter against Philly if needed.

Man, it's good to have solid depth at QB.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:44 PM   #54
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan
i was a big ramsey backer last yr and thought he got messed over this year by gibbs by switching to brunell so fast,but brunell has played well and i'd like to see him finish the season,{if he's healthy}ramsey was okay yesterday,I thought his pass to moss wasnt thrown well,a great adjustment and play by moss to get the td.I really wish gibbs would have let him throw more passes in the game to get him ready for next week if he has to play,but the turnover risk was too high for gibbs I guess and he wanted to run time off the clock,which is smart football,but I wish ramsey would have got a chance to throw a couple more deep routes
its funny too see people say ramsey's pass wasnt thrown well he made a pass brunell couldnt get close to making ...brunell has thrown alot of bad passes ... in fact moss made incredible adjustments on everyone of his long passes.... ramsey's passes looked crisp...hey the guy came off the bench cold...and watching the films ...and listening to gibbs and ramsey u can see on both cases he took the timeouts we would have gotten an improper formation penalties...he showed leadership and he calmed down and played well .... i can promise you ao the long passes he moss would have had to stop and make a terrific catch.... that ball brunell threw for the long td .if that was shawn or any decent cb it should have been intercepted.. more importantly he showed class and a willingness to throw intermediate passes that brunell cant throw.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:21 PM   #55
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56@comcast.net
its funny too see people say ramsey's pass wasnt thrown well he made a pass brunell couldnt get close to making ...brunell has thrown alot of bad passes ... in fact moss made incredible adjustments on everyone of his long passes.... ramsey's passes looked crisp...hey the guy came off the bench cold...and watching the films ...and listening to gibbs and ramsey u can see on both cases he took the timeouts we would have gotten an improper formation penalties...he showed leadership and he calmed down and played well .... i can promise you ao the long passes he moss would have had to stop and make a terrific catch.... that ball brunell threw for the long td .if that was shawn or any decent cb it should have been intercepted.. more importantly he showed class and a willingness to throw intermediate passes that brunell cant throw.
I wasnt hating on ramsey,I've been a big ramsey backer,,I just didnt think that pass was that good,but you are absolutely correct about some of the passes that brunell has thrown that moss made great adjustments to,but right now at this stage of the season I want brunell in there,his adlibs and occasional runs,and his experience is what we need in my humble opinion,{if he's healthy,which right now is a big question mark}
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:31 AM   #56
offiss

Re: Give it up for Patrick Ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
What I meant was he didn't have to come in and suddenly start launching bombs like he had to last year to come back from a huge deficit. Just stick to the game plan. And he did it. And he did a great job. So good for him.

Gottcha, I was saying the same thing in another post as well.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:37 AM   #57
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan

Pretty much agree with everything Htown, I really agree with you on the fact that we may have thrown a little more to get Ramsey as many reps as possible in case Brunell can't go next week, but Gibbs did the right thing, by the 4th quarter our ground game was eating up the G-men, Gibbs did the right thing by sticking with what was working it's smart football, Ramsey will get a lot of reps this week I believe he will be fine. He is also very familiar with the Eagles defense, he's probably faced that particular defense more often in his young carreer than any other, he won't see to many surprises come sunday.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote