Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Post game and what needs to be done going forward.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-17-2017, 09:40 AM   #121
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Post game and what needs to be done going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It's a well-thought-out analysis.

It basically highlights the difference between the Saints last year and the Saints this year. What's the difference? It's not Brees playing better - it's the run game and it's the defense. They've improved drastically.

So I have to ask the question: why does our running game still suck? And why is our defense still inconsistent?

It naturally leads to questions about our coaching. Manusky's been better than Barry. And we've been hurt a lot. But is 'better than Barry' the right bar? I'm left with the question as to whether Manusky is good enough, or is he just average?

And we've got Bill Callahan as our offensive line coach. He's great, no question about that. But why does our running game still suck?

I don't have too many questions about Cousins. I definitely have questions about Jay Gruden.
In regard to the running game, a serious lack of talent is a MAJOR problem. This was Rob Kelly or Perine year to bust out...both have been disappointing. We need talent their period.

Our defense has seemed to really slipped with the loss of starters multiple weeks...whether it’s Josh Norman out a couple weeks too losing our 2 best dlineman Allen and Matt I...too losing Monte Nicholson who has been an underrated player...these have been critical to the success. We need these guys on the field to appropriately really evaluate Manusky...just based on this year, I think the defense has been much improved, and I also think we are fresh off seeing maybe their worst performance of the year vs Minny, maybe a little recency biased going on and not a trend.

We really need to continue to build, just not there yet. I’d say adding a NT/DT to the defense, adding another Interior Oline man (Long has been bad, Luavo has been terrible) and for once adding a talent at RB i the offseason

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #122
MTK
\m/

Injures have seriously hindered the D, the injuries along the OL have been an issue but I agree it’s more of a talent issue at RB.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #123
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

New injuries every week.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:49 AM   #124
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Lol 2 weeks ago he led a comeback, game winning td drive in 30 seconds in Seattle of all places, but your confidence is fading because he couldn't put more than 30 against Minny? Bro.
Nah its the little things - sometimes i see greatness - other times im thinking he's never gonna win here - and we're never gonna win with him -- its more just worrisome feelings but the things i mentioned about his mechanics and skills still are a concern for me for sure... I get the circumstances, im just losing faith in his ability to win here. I hope he proves me wrong and the team does as well.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:27 AM   #125
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Jay is Norv 2.0. Great offensive coordinator, but a lax leader. Both headed teams that made just enough mistakes to beat themselves. Whether it's Gus Frerotte head-butting a wall and knocking himself out of the game, Michael Westbrook taking his helmet off and penalizing us out of winning FG range, or Josh Doctson inexplicably tripping on a "turf-monster" when he's wide open for a TD, I've seen this movie before. Not saying we should fire Jay, but his leadership (or lack thereof), and his team's inconsistencies reminds me of Norv's tenure as HC.
To those of you who disagreed with my Norv 2.0 analogy, if today's loss didn't remind you of a Norv-coached team beating itself, then nothing will.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #126
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
To those of you who disagreed with my Norv 2.0 analogy, if today's loss didn't remind you of a Norv-coached team beating itself, then nothing will.

Only thing I dont agree with in your original post is you saying we shouldn’t fire Jay. Id take Norv right now over this Arena league bitch.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote