The "I Can't Deal With This Right Now" Thread

Parking Lot

Old 02-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #16
metalskins
The Starter

Re: The "I Can't Deal With This Right Now" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
grats on the first guy not charging you $800 to not fix it. that's actually pretty good news (until the dealership makes up for it).
I agree!

Chico, don't get the small bottle of Vaseline!

Advertisements
Old 02-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #17
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
This might be closely related to the bad news thread, but I figured we needed a thread that deals specifically with those "Not now" type of things that always seem to happen at the wrong time (not that there is ever a right time!) So, here's mine:

So I just had my 40th birthday. Prior to my birthday, my wife had given me a choice of a big birthday party, or a big gift. Well, of course I chose the gift. Now, the gift was going to be a brand new riding lawn mower, because the one my dad gave to me is about 30 years old and it doesn't work. I have a lot of grass to mow, and push mowing it is killer! But, I digress.....

She also knew that I had wanted a Playstation 4. Now as you guys know from one of my other threads, the PS4 she surprised me with came bricked, so we sent it back.

OK, well, over the weekend, we discovered that a hole that was in our front yard turned out to be at least 20+ feet deep! Apparently, the well used to be there and was moved, but the hole was never filled in. I knew the hole was there, but it never seemed that deep and wasn't a very big hole. Well, apparently, the hole is growing and this past weekend was the first time we were able to tell just how deep the hole really is!

Secondly, my friend who's renting my house in VA informs me last night that he has no water. I got him to check the breaker, check the facet outside, seeing if there were any leaks. He couldn't find anything and the breaker was not tripped. So, either the well has went dry, or the pump has failed on it - which by the way, the pump at the well was replaced five years ago.

Sooooooo.....how does all of that tie in? Well, the money that was going to be used for the Playstation will have to be used to fix the growing hole in our front yard. It's a priority, because when my son gets his feet under him, he could fall into that hole! Secondly, if the job at my rental house turns out to be what I am thinking it is, then that's going to wipe out the money we were going to use to get the new law mower.

So, to sum up, Skinsguy winds up getting no big birthday party and no big present for his 40th! Yes, I'm pouting a little bit!
I know this is an old post, but skinsdude, a PS4 is a POS compared to keeping your little one safe.

As for your lawn, you might want to check with area landscaping companies and just see how much it would cost you to have them take care of your yard, verses paying for a mower. Might wind up being the same difference. And you can just sit out on your front porch with a beer in hand watching someone else do all the work.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:38 AM   #18
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Car messed up on the way to work yesterday...got it to my mechanic same day.

Got a call from him..who is top notch mechanic, but a better person...said "Chico, Im sorry but your car is f*cking up...diagnostic are saying stuff he'd never seen"

Said if he could replaced to the fuel pump, but that might not fix it. Said a dealership probably could tell you better. Also said warrenty clause might could cover it. He also charged me nothing for looking and researching it.

Driving it down to the dealership today afterwork. Gotta stop by and get some Vaseline before I do.

I cant deal with this shit right now!
Good luck Chico. I can't speak for other dealers but if you find a good service writer and you are honest with them they might help you. I'm not trying to praise my writers but we'll cut anyone a break if they truly need it. The key is finding one that isn't an asshole, which seems to have even odds given all the ones I've seen come and go over the years.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Good luck Chico. I can't speak for other dealers but if you find a good service writer and you are honest with them they might help you. I'm not trying to praise my writers but we'll cut anyone a break if they truly need it. The key is finding one that isn't an asshole, which seems to have even odds given all the ones I've seen come and go over the years.
Trying to pick a Chevy dealership is crucial...I chose the one I bought a car from around 10 years ago. Also recommended by a coworker. Still waiting hear from them, they are backed up because dumb people who like to drive around in snow and ice. I've talked to them and have been cool. So hopeful they reciprocate that.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:46 PM   #20
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Trying to pick a Chevy dealership is crucial...I chose the one I bought a car from around 10 years ago. Also recommended by a coworker. Still waiting hear from them, they are backed up because dumb people who like to drive around in snow and ice. I've talked to them and have been cool. So hopeful they reciprocate that.
If they are anything like my dealer, they are probably slammed right now. Saturdays are the busiest day of the week because everyone comes in to get oil changes and basic maintenance done. If you're still waiting on a call back you'll probably hear from them by Monday afternoon.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:04 PM   #21
That Guy
Living Legend

for anyone in nova, i used to go to hrm, but the good mechanic left and they ended up charging a lot to not fix things, so now i go to exline, and they've been absolutely great.

problems get fixed, and i know how much it'll cost and when it'll be done when i drop it off.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote