Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Kirk cousins = dime a dozen

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #61
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

KC had a horrible game today, but my God on a team full of quitters led by a head coach who is only worried about his 7 million dollars, and an oline that couldnt keep a thirty foot statue made of steel and anchored to the field with 1000 lb weights uprite im not sure what qb would have looked better.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #62
Bucket
Playmaker

Re: Kirk cousins = dime a dozen

Although RG3 is immune to all that and single handily was the result to his ineffectiveness this year.

Love these threads
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #63
tc2deuce
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
KC had a horrible game today, but my God on a team full of quitters led by a head coach who is only worried about his 7 million dollars, and an oline that couldnt keep a thirty foot statue made of steel and anchored to the field with 1000 lb weights uprite im not sure what qb would have looked better.
and we wonder why RGIII couldn't do his magic this year!!?
tc2deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #64
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 70 chip View Post
Why wouldn't they? Dan Snyder created the ridiculous circus here and stirred the pot by trying to shove the Washington post around and force them to be Larry Michaels (AKA lickspittle toady Dan Snyder Yes men).

Hurt the franchise? I would say Danny boy has done 100% of that to himself by being a massive D-bag that does everything the wrong way.

I agree that Cousin's is looking awful Jay Cutler like... and I;'d be the first to point out that MANY great QB's looked bad/mediocre/horrible in their first starts... Just usually not after grooming/practicing for year.

Sadly RGIII was looking worse. Not sure how they recover from this disaster, but I am sure that it will take at least a year or two to sort it out and get to some semblance of stability if they can manage even that.
RG3 never looked that bad.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #65
Gary84Clark

Thomas Boswell :

"Make me and Kyle look good, kid" sure didn't work out the way it was planned.

Cousins ended up with the lowest QB rating this season of anybody in the entire NFL who had 100 pass attempts. (He had 155.)

There was nothing wrong with starting a different QB the last three weeks. But anybody who thinks Shanahan did it for the the reasons he said -- and no other reasons --would believe anything.

Got to say that Shanahan's exodus is the shabbiest I have ever seen from a pro coach in Washington, certainly in the last 35 years. Whatever his problems with Snyder and whatever his resentments toward Griffin, how do you accept $35-million of anybody's money then try to undermine his business as you leave?

I feel bad for Cousins. But all you can ask for in the NFL is a chance and he got one. He started in a dome against one of the worst defenses in the league (Atlanta), then at home against THE worst defense in the league (Dallas). To balance out those easy games, he had tough conditions on the road on Sunday in the cold rain against a medicore Giants defense (15th in yards allowed).

The results, please.

Cousins finished the year with the lowest quaterback rating of anybody in the NFL who attempted 100 passes -- a 58.4 rating. The next lowest wasn't even close -- Geno Smith 66.3.

Cousins had the worst completion percentage of any NFL QB (min 100 passes) at 52.3 below Brandon Weedon at 52.8. And Cousins had the lowest yards-per-attempt of any QB in the NFL at 5.5 yards-per-pass, almost a full yard behind Mike Glennon.

That doesn't include his lost fumbles or all the passes that were nearly intercepted or should have been intercepted that were dropped. Cousins was in a bad situation. BUT he had a 1,200-yard running back and a 1,300-yard wide receiver. Plenty of Skins QB's over the years never had either to take pressure off them. The offense was as healthy as anybody is in Weeks 15-16-17 of an NFL season.

Cousins came into the league as the 101st pick, a 4th-rounder. That's probably about what you could get for him now. IOW, the Skins probably wasted that useful draft pick, too, since Cousins now seems like a decent but run-of-the-mill backup quarterback. And he may need time to become that. He's had some very good moments -- like the 381-yards in Atlanta. But the worst thing a QB can do is turn the ball over. And he appears to be an absolute turnover machine. He's young, but that was also one of his traits in college.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #66
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
Thomas Boswell :

"Make me and Kyle look good, kid" sure didn't work out the way it was planned.

Cousins ended up with the lowest QB rating this season of anybody in the entire NFL who had 100 pass attempts. (He had 155.)

There was nothing wrong with starting a different QB the last three weeks. But anybody who thinks Shanahan did it for the the reasons he said -- and no other reasons --would believe anything.

Got to say that Shanahan's exodus is the shabbiest I have ever seen from a pro coach in Washington, certainly in the last 35 years. Whatever his problems with Snyder and whatever his resentments toward Griffin, how do you accept $35-million of anybody's money then try to undermine his business as you leave?

I feel bad for Cousins. But all you can ask for in the NFL is a chance and he got one. He started in a dome against one of the worst defenses in the league (Atlanta), then at home against THE worst defense in the league (Dallas). To balance out those easy games, he had tough conditions on the road on Sunday in the cold rain against a medicore Giants defense (15th in yards allowed).

The results, please.

Cousins finished the year with the lowest quaterback rating of anybody in the NFL who attempted 100 passes -- a 58.4 rating. The next lowest wasn't even close -- Geno Smith 66.3.

Cousins had the worst completion percentage of any NFL QB (min 100 passes) at 52.3 below Brandon Weedon at 52.8. And Cousins had the lowest yards-per-attempt of any QB in the NFL at 5.5 yards-per-pass, almost a full yard behind Mike Glennon.

That doesn't include his lost fumbles or all the passes that were nearly intercepted or should have been intercepted that were dropped. Cousins was in a bad situation. BUT he had a 1,200-yard running back and a 1,300-yard wide receiver. Plenty of Skins QB's over the years never had either to take pressure off them. The offense was as healthy as anybody is in Weeks 15-16-17 of an NFL season.

Cousins came into the league as the 101st pick, a 4th-rounder. That's probably about what you could get for him now. IOW, the Skins probably wasted that useful draft pick, too, since Cousins now seems like a decent but run-of-the-mill backup quarterback. And he may need time to become that. He's had some very good moments -- like the 381-yards in Atlanta. But the worst thing a QB can do is turn the ball over. And he appears to be an absolute turnover machine. He's young, but that was also one of his traits in college.
Kirk looked bad in a year that RG3 (ROY last season) looked average. We know now that considering draft position, Russel Wilson was a better deal than RG3, we don't know if Cousins was a better deal than RG3 yet.

Last season... without Cousins, we don't make the playoffs.

I'm wondering why you have such a hate boner for Cousins at the end of a miserable season for the team. Maybe this will help: Don't be scared, nobody's seriously talked of replacing RG3 with KC as an actual fix for one of many problems we have. Maybe have a little perspective that KC could still turn out to be a good QB, and be glad he's on our team.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #67
SkinzWin
Playmaker

For all those saying rg3 is a diva.

Griffin tiptoes around Shanahan firing | ProFootballTalk
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #68
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post

Handled very well on his part.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #69
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Don't worry, someone already pointed out that it looks bad that because several other players endorsed Shanny, since RG3 didn't, he's a dick. (Okay, they didn't say "dick" but I'm paraphrasing here)

Can't please anyone.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:16 AM   #70
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I agree. My concern is with his passing game - will he be a more accurate passer? A better decision maker? I think his mechanics were bothered by the brace, (throwing off his back foot, etc), but his inability to read the field is what has me concerned.
couldnt have said it better myself. seemed very hesitant at moments when he did have time i wondered exactly what he saw alot. could have been poor route running. no playaction to create seperation this year and most of his early picks were bobbled and botches by wrs maybe caused him to lay off the trigger later on.

toms river i see me too