Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Just a question for the Redskins diehard faithful....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #61
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Just a question for the Redskins diehard faithful....

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Thanks mbedner3420......I would not only be dissatisfied if Shanahan hangs on to his job but I would be outraged.....how can any head coach not only be 24-37 but have 3 double digit losing seasons in 4 years oon the rich contract has? Shanahan needs to take his ass back to the Colorado mountains where he came from.
This. Outraged I say.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #62
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Or keep them both and let the best man win.
Might as well let Rex compete too. Hell, he can get you 400 yards every other game too. You know damn well Cousins is not that good, Rex is better than Cousins.

Rex is better than Cousins.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #63
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Kirk didn't play good yesterday no doubt but I think he's got a good future as a starter for someone else, maybe like a Minnesota or even a JAX. He'll never be a great QB but there isn't many of those.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #64
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I was a Shanahan supporter/defender/apologist for 3.5 years, right up until about mid October this year but I cannot see how any reasonable person can justify wanting him to return under any circumstance.

The record speaks for itself. He's in the Spurrier/Zorn range with his winning percentage. Best case if we win next week, our record is 4-12, the same record of the coach (Zorn) that was fired and he replaced 4 years ago. Worst case, with a loss and some 'help' we've given up the #1 overall pick. This season was a disaster, no other way to put it.

He's made all of the decisions (players, coaching staff, schemes) and by-in-large, they've mostly been failures. Of his 34 draft picks, you can count 4 (T. Williams, Kerrigan, RG3, Morris) as impact player, just 8 (Riley, Jenkins, Hankerson, Helu, Paul, A. Robinson, Amerson, Reed) that are between mediocre and contributors and the rest are just roster fill or no longer on the team. 12 out of 34 is pretty weak. Add in the spotty free agent record outside of Garcon and Cofield, the roster management was poor.

Even the cap penalty, which was pretty much BS, still happened under his direction. He was involved in the process and as the man in charge, it's his responsibility. The 'noise' around the franchise was largely caused by him as well whether it was publicly feuding with Haynesworth, McNabb or RG3, the comments at 3-6 last year or the many, many, many 'sources' and leaks that seem to eminate from his camp.

How can anyone, ANYONE, consider bringing him back and think it will be any different?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #65
Skinz4eva
Camp Scrub

When he jeopardized the future of the organization by keeping RGIII in the Seattle play-off gane...at that pint I knew he did not have the key thing all grat leaders need to succeed....judgment. He must be sacked!
Skinz4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #66
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I think Shanahan is a big problem, but to me two bigger problems were the $36 mil cap and the RG3 injury happening at the same time. I'd like to see a team overcome these two problems happening at the same time, I doubt many can. Just like how the Saints were unable to overcome not having Sean Peyton on the sidelines when he was suspended.

That being said, things need to change with the team. While I believe this team has seen worst seasons (Spurrier/Zorn/Vinny), we still need to move on from the current coaching regime. I think it'd be really stupid to keep Shanahan; but I highly doubt it will happen. Plus, to me a healthy cap and RG3 will make a big difference, regardless of the coach.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #67
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Regardless of what all the fans think, many of the respected vets have lobbied for MS. Even Cooley has said very positive things about MS.
Eh, who cares. Players know that a coaching change puts their jobs on the line too.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #68
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think Shanahan is a big problem, but to me two bigger problems were the $36 mil cap and the RG3 injury happening at the same time. I'd like to see a team overcome these two problems happening at the same time, I doubt many can. Just like how the Saints were unable to overcome not having Sean Peyton on the sidelines when he was suspended.

That being said, things need to change with the team. While I believe this team has seen worst seasons (Spurrier/Zorn/Vinny), we still need to move on from the current coaching regime. I think it'd be really stupid to keep Shanahan; but I highly doubt it will happen. Plus, to me a healthy cap and RG3 will make a big difference, regardless of the coach.

They are Shanahan "problems," not separate. RG's injury is on Shanahan 100%, and the reporting on the cap situation is that Mike's decisions there resulted in the penalty as it stood.

I don't think you're alone though in misunderstanding what "total" control means i.e. every decision the Redskins have made these last four years ultimately are Mike's decisions. Period. You can get into conspiracy discussions about Snyder meddling, but there's no evidence there.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #69
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
They are Shanahan "problems," not separate. RG's injury is on Shanahan 100%, and the reporting on the cap situation is that Mike's decisions there resulted in the penalty as it stood.

I don't think you're alone though in misunderstanding what "total" control means i.e. every decision the Redskins have made these last four years ultimately are Mike's decisions. Period. You can get into conspiracy discussions about Snyder meddling, but there's no evidence there.
I don't want to get into the discussion of the cap situation, but to me the team got screwed. Then again, if you want to go deeper into "who is to blame" for the cap issue, then it would be the previous regime who gave Haynesworth and D. Hall a ton of money that tied up our future cap.

In terms of the RG3 injury, it was Haloti Ngata's hit on RG3's knee that created the whole mess. Shanahan's and/or RG3's decision from them on just made it worst.

My point is that in addition to the mistakes of the coaching staff (MS & Co.), which a lot of people have pointed out, there were these two events that made things a whole lot worse.

I think if there is no $36 million cap penalty and no RG3 injury, things may have been different this season. It may have possibly disguised a lot of the dysfunction that is coming to light this season.

My point in the end is that we need to move on from this coaching staff and not having an injured QB and our full cap will make a big different.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #70
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsmithgk View Post
Can you trust Mike Shanhan to bring in quality assistants?
Um probably not. However I also think Haslett was the conselation prize. Could we make a major move like Lovie Smith? Or is there a DC who's contract is up for us to steal them away? Or do we have to go with an assistant to a DC?

I can tell you I'm ready to pick from the Canadian League right now. Anyone has to be better then Haslett. Find a way to bring Kubiak on board and try try try to get Alex Smith for the OL. Sweet talk him, offer double shatter hes making now and try to get MS's final year to a playoff again.

They do that none of us will care about this years BS.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #71
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Fire Shanahan. Start Griffin. Retain Cousins as a quality backup.
People are sooooo sold on RG3. How about the QB who gives this team the best chance to win, whether it be RG3 or Cousins or someone else.

But I'm not one to say RG3 is it just because of one good year and one bad year. I for one have not forgotten the Jason Campbell Franchise QB expierment.

What I would like to know is how many Spread/Option Read QB's have done well in the NFL? What % of them pan out in the pros? And on average how many years does it take for one of them to developed into a Franchise QB?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #72
MTK
\m/

Cousins sure isn't doing much to bring any real competition to the table.