B 47 65.28%
C 6 8.33%
D 0 0%
F 1 1.39%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2004, 02:36 PM   #16
spanishomelette
Camp Scrub

I say B...I like going after new Hogs. Getting those behemoths was a great idea. DL is something that I think will need to be addressed creatively...say with on field tactics that minimize the weakness.
spanishomelette is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2004, 02:46 PM   #17
memphisskin
Impact Rookie

B, again we traded our picks for vets and gave away a 2nd to get Portis. A+ if including Portis in the draft, I'd rather have him than any of the other backs in the draft. Taylor immediately upgrades our d, i'm buying his jersey as soon as it's available.
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 08:42 PM   #18
Riggo44
The Starter

I gave them a B. S.T is worthy of an A but I think the jury is out on the others for the next few years.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:57 PM   #19
Cush
Impact Rookie

B, failed to address the needs on the DL (there's always the June 1st cuts) & for trading away next years 2nd round pick

Last edited by Cush; 04-26-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:35 PM   #20
skins009
Impact Rookie

F once again we have begin to piss away our picks for next year. We have up a second rounder next year?????? Plus our two day 2 picks were a waste. We need d-line. The FO should get credit for picking Sean tayler. Though i do think that was the right move, over Windslow. FO make their money in the later rounds and once again they failed there, any gave up to much for Cooley.
skins009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:57 PM   #21
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

A faithful B because I hope the FO and JG know what they are doing.
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:42 AM   #22
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

i may be the only one but i disagree with the possible samuels trade he will return to a dominat tackle under bugle, i think we just need one playoff season for all the players to realize it's worth it to be on this team
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:55 AM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'm not sold on the offensive linemen that we drafted. Chris Cooley could be a cheap alternative at H-Back. And Sean Taylor....well, I'm busy scultping his Canton bust. Curmudgeon is working on the portrait.

But the redskins have made it clear that they're going to leverage their deep pockets and primarily build their team through free agency and trades. Portis, Springs, Griffin, Washington, Brunel. That's not bad at all

But since I'm looking at their entired offseason, I have to bump them up to an A/A- because they have added an unbelievable coaching staff and I think that will pay huge dividends
Old 04-27-2004, 05:05 AM   #24
kingerock
Special Teams

I give a reluctant B- wanting to go more C to D'ish. I just think it's a mistake not doing anything else on the defensive line. Griffin was great but I don't think the move for Daniels (1st free agent signing i believe) was any type of block buster move to bolster our defensive line. We have glaring holes on the D line. I give it a B- because of Coach Gibbs and my love for all things Redskins.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:32 AM   #25
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I give it a solid B with the possibility of moving into B+. The Skins had four picks and got a quality starter with pro-bowl potential, a solid TE/HBack who may start but will almost certainly be in the rotation, and two players for depth on the line.

If even one of the late picks stick long term, that means 75% of the picks were successful. To me that's a pretty good success rate. The only reason to downgrade, in my opionion, is that they didn't address the D-Line. But, quite frankly, it is unlikely you are going to get an impact D-Line starter in the late rounds anyway.

A lot depends on how you grade drafts:
How does volume factor in?
How did you address your team needs?
What is the projected success rate of your picks?

With 4 picks, the Skin's addressed two glaring needs TE/HBack and Safety. That alone gets them a B-.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:47 AM   #26
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

I gave them a 'C' because I witnessed yet another draft where the defensive line was completely neglected. And giving up next year's valuable second round pick for a position that I firmly believe WASN'T a glaring need -- TE/H-back -- really made the Skins draft grade take a hit in my mind.

The only saving grace is Sean Taylor. I am so thankful we didn't go after Kellen Winslow. While he may someday be a great player, he was too high of a pick to spend on a player who won't be able to display his great pass catching capabilities.

Taylor will give us an immediate impact, and he fills a void that hasn't been addressed since the days of Alvin Walton, Brad Edwards, and Danny Copeland.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote