Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Skins over Chargers who gets your game ball?
Young 14 17.07%
Garcon 58 70.73%
Griffin 2 2.44%
Morris 7 8.54%
other 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #181
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Vs Chargers Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Why would I blame Garcon for RG3's struggles? A lot of the time this season, RG3 has flat out missed open receivers (most notably, the Cowboys and Broncos games). Missing the offseason and preseason has a lot to do with that. I think if he can get in that offseason work, he will be much better. Im not saying Garcon hasnt had a bad game, but he is not the problem of this offense. When RG3 does not lock on one receiver, the passing game goes much better, I fail to see that as Garcons fault. There is no one to blame for that other than RG3 and his development, which was stunted for a second year QB to miss that time.

As for the Percentage of the offense that relies on Garcon. I agree there. Moss has been dropping almost everything coming his way this year. Robinson is a one trick pony, although that one trick can open up the intermediate stuff if used better. Hankerson is playing better, but has the talent to be better than he has been. Hankersons catch radius is tiny compared to his size. Morgan, sad to say, is a blocker and a number 3 at best. If anyones contract is to be complained about, it is Morgans. He does not produce like a 6 mil per year WR should. He will be gone anyways after the year unless he comes back at a much reduced price. The passing game is primarily Garcon and Reed, with Hankerson and Helu adding in a bit.

To many people want to say number 1 receiver, then compare him to Calvin Johnson. Garcon is not Calvin Johnson, but no one should expect that anyways, he is a freak of nature that can out jump triple teams. He also makes more than double what Garcon does. But Garcon has also produced for this team when he was given that opportunity, and is a better signing than a fair amount of WR's (Mike Wallace anyone?)
I am not so much blaming Garcon for the amount of times he gets thrown the football. That's due to a lack of other options. I am just pointing out he did more with his opportunity last year.

If he has more games like he did against GB and SD, he will be in a much better position to point out how much his teammates are struggling in the passing game. But after the Denver game, that was a big, giant "We."

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #182
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
IMO the mismanagement of the roster/draft in his first two years is coming around to haunt us now more than ever, but I doubt most see it that way.
Pretty much.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #183
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
It sucks that Morgan didn't work out and Moss aged so quickly, or at least worked his way out of the good graces of the offense so quickly. Going into this season I thought we had a nice well rounded WR corp, but it looks limited and weak now. Garcon and Hank are keepers for sure. The rest haven't produced enough to justify anything.

I think it's a major concern, because we're so short on high draft picks and Mike has struggled to find talent in the mid to lower rounds outside RB and Riley at LB. Our oline drafting has been abysmal especially, and that group needs major reinforcements.

IMO the mismanagement of the roster/draft in his first two years is coming around to haunt us now more than ever, but I doubt most see it that way.
Not sure how you can say that about his first draft. There was no 3 and 5. 1 was Trent, 4 was Perry Riley. And he turned the screwed up 2nd that was traded for McNabb into the pick that was used for Alfred Morris (McNabb was absolutely a mistake though).

His second draft kind of sucks. It got us Kerrigan, and for as much as you love Helu, he came in that draft in the 4th. Jenkins (2) and Hankerson (3) are under performing for their draft positions imo. Not sure how much more they will progress. Several others from that draft are still on the team, but dont do much. I expect all but Paul to not be here next year. Not exactly sure what you were expecting with all the 6th and 7th's though. Those dont usually get you much.

LeRibeus last year, imo, was his biggest mistake. Still cant figure that one out. Didnt like it then and dont like it now. He could of been had in the 5th, maybe later.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #184
Bucket
Playmaker

I think Bowen has been hampered the past two games with that torn ligament in his knee. Which is why he hasn't had the pass rush we are used to him posting.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #185
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The combo of Garcon and Reed will only get better and better. Reed is already the new media darling for TE, almost every "expert" has him as our next superstar offensive player outside of griff
Old 11-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #186
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The combo of Garcon and Reed will only get better and better. Reed is already the new media darling for TE, almost every "expert" has him as our next superstar offensive player outside of griff
.....and Almo.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #187
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Not sure how you can say that about his first draft. There was no 3 and 5. 1 was Trent, 4 was Perry Riley. And he turned the screwed up 2nd that was traded for McNabb into the pick that was used for Alfred Morris (McNabb was absolutely a mistake though).

His second draft kind of sucks. It got us Kerrigan, and for as much as you love Helu, he came in that draft in the 4th. Jenkins (2) and Hankerson (3) are under performing for their draft positions imo. Not sure how much more they will progress. Several others from that draft are still on the team, but dont do much. I expect all but Paul to not be here next year. Not exactly sure what you were expecting with all the 6th and 7th's though. Those dont usually get you much.

LeRibeus last year, imo, was his biggest mistake. Still cant figure that one out. Didnt like it then and dont like it now. He could of been had in the 5th, maybe later.
Agree on first draft, as long as you don't factor possible trades. Mike did great as a GM that year. Not so much as a coach. You mentioned Mcnabb already. But he also forced a 4-3 defensive roster into a 3-4 overnight, when the defense was better best unit on the team and not enough ammo to make it happen. We went from an above avg D (factoring out Zorns last few games) to worst in the league in one year. That takes a lot of scheming lol!!! It never looked like Haynesworth was part of Mikes plan. Ok. Not my intuition but ok. So you negotiate a trade for the draft. After all were talking about defensive MVP from two years ago. You have Andre carter and orakpo as deadly DE's in a 4-3. Carter went to NE and played lights out till basically a career ending injury, but that can happen to anyone and AC was solid through his career otherwise. Orakpo is still out of position IMO. Same could be said of Kerrigan.

Mike was actually very good add maximizing his players value for trade purposes certain times in the past. I don't think he's had any success with it here even when opportunities were there.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #188
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Whats awesome about Reed is he could be in the running for RoY if he keeps up the pace he's at.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #189
Bucket
Playmaker

mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/11/04/robert-griffin-part-ii-reasons-for-hope-and-watching-grass-grow/

Good read for those who don't understand the offense and complain about RG3 staring down WRs