Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

NBA Season 2013-2014

Other Sports

Old 06-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: NBA Season 2013-2014

That Leonard dunk was awesome

I'm about ready for the nba season to be over. Not because of basketball but because of bill simmons. Dude needs a muzzle.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Ginobili Puts Bosh On A Poster - ESPN Video - ESPN

Play pretty much sums up the NBA finals. Truthfully, the Spurs should have won last year as well.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
itvnetop
Playmaker

Gortat Returns

I figured he'd get around 12. I'd hold off on overpaying Ariza.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Gortat Returns

I figured he'd get around 12. I'd hold off on overpaying Ariza.
i agree but Martell Webster back issue has comeback and he will be out for awhile. IMO i rather pay Ariza 8.5 mil per than overpay Lou Deng who effing sux.

I was hoping for a shorter deal with maybe a team option for a fifth year, but 12 per is about right for Gortat in this division. Remember, Hibbert is making like 14.9 this upcoming season, al jefferson like 13.5, and chris bosh 11.5(but will increase yearly to like 15 mil per in his newly signed 5 year contract)

I thought for sure we were going G Monroe over Gortat...rather have more of a power guy than a finesse guy down low all day.

He Gets Us
Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
i agree but Martell Webster back issue has comeback and he will be out for awhile. IMO i rather pay Ariza 8.5 mil per than overpay Lou Deng who effing sux.

I was hoping for a shorter deal with maybe a team option for a fifth year, but 12 per is about right for Gortat in this division. Remember, Hibbert is making like 14.9 this upcoming season, al jefferson like 13.5, and chris bosh 11.5(but will increase yearly to like 15 mil per in his newly signed 5 year contract)

I thought for sure we were going G Monroe over Gortat...rather have more of a power guy than a finesse guy down low all day.
I've got a suspicion that Ariza's going to command at least 10... there are more than a few teams that could use his skill set- especially after the season he had. You're right about Webster- but it's time to throw Otto into the fire. He was the #3 pick (albeit in a weak draft) and he'll never get better without burn. The team would definitely take a step back at the 3 position in the short term, but Ariza's next contract is going to be for at least four years... I know Wall wants him back, but our FO can't become the Lakers and placate the star player just because.

Agreed on Gortat over Monroe. Gortat's older, but his mileage isn't as high as other players his age. I think we'll have him during his prime years.

my blather
Old 07-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I've got a suspicion that Ariza's going to command at least 10... there are more than a few teams that could use his skill set- especially after the season he had. You're right about Webster- but it's time to throw Otto into the fire. He was the #3 pick (albeit in a weak draft) and he'll never get better without burn. The team would definitely take a step back at the 3 position in the short term, but Ariza's next contract is going to be for at least four years... I know Wall wants him back, but our FO can't become the Lakers and placate the star player just because.

Agreed on Gortat over Monroe. Gortat's older, but his mileage isn't as high as other players his age. I think we'll have him during his prime years.
Gortat and Nene are a aggressive, power combo down low and I would love to add another vet off the bench with that same style. I see a lot of soft down low in the east which works to our advantage. I would like to see maybe Chris Anderson, or even a Kendrick Perkins on a one year deal to come off the bench and just bring a little toughness to go with miller on that second unit. Ernie made a mistake offering seraphine and not booker on that option. Seraphine was a disappointment last year

He Gets Us
Old 07-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
itvnetop
Playmaker

Contract estimates are getting crazy this offseason. Gordon Hayward is about to get maxed by the Cavs!

my blather
Old 07-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Contract estimates are getting crazy this offseason. Gordon Hayward is about to get maxed by the Cavs!
That's completely insane. Stephenson must be seeing dollar signs hearing that.

I would not give ariza 10 per.

He Gets Us
Old 07-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Hayward is, in my opinion, probably the best SF no one is talking about. Doesn't mean I'd give him the max though. He's the perfect complimentary piece. I hesitate to offer max deals to anyone but top players
Old 07-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hayward is, in my opinion, probably the best SF no one is talking about. Doesn't mean I'd give him the max though. He's the perfect complimentary piece. I hesitate to offer max deals to anyone but top players
I'd had heard the celtics really wanted hayward with the obvious connection. No way is that guy a max deal type. I rather give chandler parsons that money. Hayward is a turnover machine and really didn't shoot it that great. Max guys can carry teams, like u said Hayward is a complimentary player. I'd like him as a third option, but sometimes he can get all Jeff green on you.

He Gets Us
Old 07-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #11
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hayward is very good... just needs to bulk up a bit in order to finish drives.

my blather
Old 07-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #12
donofriose
The Starter

Kyle Lowry agrees to 4-year, $48 million contract with Toronto Raptors - ESPN

Thought he would make more money. Miami really wanted him as well according to a lot of reporters.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #13
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Kyle Lowry agrees to 4-year, $48 million contract with Toronto Raptors - ESPN

Thought he would make more money. Miami really wanted him as well according to a lot of reporters.
This is a great contract for Toronto... Lowry is a beast defensively, as well.

Also good to see Livingston get a deal from the Warriors. I thought this guy was going to change the point guard position before his injury.

my blather
Old 07-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #14
HoustonSkinsFan
Camp Scrub

Wizards are starting their courtship of Ariza. If they sign Ariza, will they have enough room for Durant in a couple years, assuming he leaves OKC?
HoustonSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #15
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSkinsFan View Post
Wizards are starting their courtship of Ariza. If they sign Ariza, will they have enough room for Durant in a couple years, assuming he leaves OKC?
Lol, I can picture it now. The decision featuring Trevor Ariza

With that said it would be much easier to part with Ariza at this point if Porter Jr wasn't injury prone not to mention a little further along in his development. However most importantly in regards to us possibly loosing Ariza.........WHO WILL I USE TO DEFEND THE OTHER TEAMS TOP SCORER IN NBA 2K?!!?!?!?!?!

As for Durant well I found this funny picture about a week ago:

I don't think Durant would be the type to leave OKC unless things really got bad. And in regards to the DC area and its teams I don't think Durants fan dom goes much further than the Redskins. Maybe the Nationals as well giving he has a tattoo of the teams logo.

However keep in mind this is the same guy that decided to go to Texas for college ball instead of Georgetown, Maryland, or even George Mason.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote