Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Does anyone else hate taxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Found this article today, and it's pretty interesting. How TurboTax has been lobbying hard to keep from the automated type of tax filing many other countries see.

Personally, I'd love to see something like England where you get basically a tax code, everything comes directly out of the check. If you get overcharged, you can get it back, if you get undercharged, the gov't sucks it up.

How the maker of TurboTax fought free, simple tax filing | Ars Technica
That's the worse thing we could have. I personally think everyone should have to pay their own taxes either quartley or monthly. Then people would start to actually feel the pain and realize how much they pay in taxes each month. Ask 90% of the people and they cannot tell you what they pay in taxes because the goverment forces the employers to do their dirty work. Out of site out of mind. I have to pay federal and state taxes monthly and can tell you what I pay in SS, Federal witholding, and Medicare. Might be why I'm against any tax increases because I see first hand what I pay and my guess why the goverment forces employers to collect their taxes.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote